just want to cry

Good luck for your WI tomorrow hun and well done on the run!

Bren
X

Thanks everyone..

I have a good feeling about tomorrows WI but then ive had a good feeling the past few weeks and it hasnt delievered, so I suppose only time will tell. I so desperatley want to break past 12 stone 12 its unreal. The goal is soo close, yet so nlooming far. If I have lost this week I will cry!

Karen, I hope you break your plateu too. I have no usful advice on breaking it, but dont give up, you've come so far.. Well Done :)

bredbin, I will be looking at that running thingymajiggy!! xx

Iv'e had my WI. Ive lost 2.5 lbs this week. Im down to 13stone 1.4 so im going somwhere. I think ill have to push myself even more and hopfully ill get to the 13 stone and push through thati so desperatley want to see the 12 stone 12 again and then go further down .
I have changed one thing about my diet though. Ive now turned a vegatarian. I was channel hopping last night and saw a cow being slaughtered. I can't eat meat now, its just not gunna happen, so ive changed all my shopping that was due to arrive this morning with Quorn products (I know i like them as my mum used to be veggie). I am wondering if that wil make a difference to my weight loss.

:) Kirsty I'm so glad you've started losing again! I've been reading this, but didn't have any suggestions for you that anyone else hadn't already said. Well done for persevering!

I'd imagine becoming a vegetarian will help you, as long as you get all of the nutrition you need :)

rubykristy, well done hun that's brilliant news on your loss!

I have been a vege for 13 years this year, started when I was 18. Try and avoid too many processed foods in replacement for meat; like too much pasta, breads, bars, biscuits etc. I find fresh foods take less time for your body to process.

xx

I'm so happy that there are other vegetarians around this board:)

Aline are you a vege?

Yes, i'm a vegetarian for ethical reasons;) I still eat eggs (but just from time to time) and dairy (cheese is so hard to give up, but I'm working on limit it...). In short: no meat, no fish, no gelatin, no rennet. I also don't use any beauty products tested on animals, no leather, no fur. :)

Thankyou all. Im hoping this is now a kick start in to losing again, fingers crossed! x

well done on the weight loss kirsty and diet choices. i was veggie for years but didn't do it properly i.e. no meat substitutes really just alot of toast and stuff:(

not a veggie now but who knows in the future - i can't stand to think of animals suffering.

I eat eggs (go through phases and only free range ones), cheese (hard to give this up) and yoghurt (no gelatine) and over the past 5 years I have enjoyed fish out for dinner (white usually and nothing raw!).

I am nearing 32 and it's really important to have enough protein and calcium to avoid osteperous? (spelling). Dont want to live on supplements so I eat the foods with it instead.

xx

Thanks breadbin! :)

Ive been on the vegatarian societies website this evening, and see what to look out for when buying products, ive got all my Quorn stuff, and i tried a Quorn Sausage Roll, and it was delious and only half the calories of a normal one, but I now know that thats somthingt thats an option. Im trying BBQ chicken strips for my stir fry tomorrow evening :) .
x

Thanks breadbin! :)

Ive been on the vegatarian societies website this evening, and see what to look out for when buying products, ive got all my Quorn stuff, and i tried a Quorn Sausage Roll, and it was delious and only half the calories of a normal one, but I now know that thats somthingt thats an option. Im trying BBQ chicken strips for my stir fry tomorrow evening :) .
x

It's so nice that you're enjoying veggie products:D

I eat eggs (go through phases and only free range ones), cheese (hard to give this up) and yoghurt (no gelatine) and over the past 5 years I have enjoyed fish out for dinner (white usually and nothing raw!).

I am nearing 32 and it's really important to have enough protein and calcium to avoid osteperous? (spelling). Dont want to live on supplements so I eat the foods with it instead.

xx

I understand that. I take a vegan suplement just in case, because I don't eat fish and limit eggs (only range free here as well) and dairy intake (the only dairy I eat is cheese *sigh*). But I drink soymilk (and oatmilk) fortified with calcium and B12. I make blood tests every year and the results are always good:) But, I understand your choice in trying to suplement B12 and calcium directly from food, you're taking care of you and that's totally reasonable;)

Is corn a vege product that comes like meat i.e. sausages and mince? So it still tastes like meat?

or is it tofu? Soy products. I dont like either unfortunately. Sorry said that a little wrong, I like tofu but not subsitute meat products. I cant deal with the taste.

Kristy I think you will really enjoy the new found variety. I love pot set yoghurt mmmmm

Bren
X

bren here is what quorn is:) you probably dont get it in oz i'm guessing.

Quorn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

but is lovely alternative to meat. the chicken pieces taste fabulous as does the mince but sausages are bit iffy. interesting reading actually. never knew how it was made - turns out its not soya but fungus!! i'm glad to see that they don't use battery eggs anymore too:)

I'm a vegetarian too and I don't know what I'd do without Quorn! I buy the pieces and use them for curries and stir fries, the sausages are great in a stew with loads of veggies and the various grills they do work well to have with a salad.

Have you tried the soya mince too? Quorn mince is the only thing I'm not so keen on from the range, I think the texture's a bit funny. Real Eat do a great soya mince that's perfect for making into a chilli or bolognese sauce.

Although I tell everyone that I'm living proof that being a vegetarian doesn't make you slim, I'm quite sure that if I was a meat eater I'd have been even fatter!

I have got my fingers and toes crossed for you for this weeks weigh in. I really feel for you. I am giving JUDDDing a go for a couple of weeks to see if I can trick my body into losing the pounds and turn on that skinny gene! well anything is worth a go. When you plateau everything is just miserable, you become consumed, you have your mind set on it and it is not budging! I have started a diary in the JUDDD section but will let you know when I get weighed on Friday if it has actually worked. good luck xx

ive upped everything dramatically now. i want to lose another 3 stone throughout the summer. Im fed up of saying 'I can never be 10 stone', if I can think it i can do it. Bring it on and I hope this plateu goes now.

Back