Keeping Going!

Morning Emmaline hope you are keeping well. Don't worry about the iffy days, we all have them, and the scales not going up is a good bonus, it just shows that you have been on track the rest of the time. Pleased to hear that you have your computer sorted I don't know what I would do without the Internet it keeps you in touch with the rest of the world. hubby has just taken the dog out for a walk and I'm supposed to be doing the hoovering, hey ho, there's always later on:whistle: any way I had best put the kettle on for the coffee. Have a good day x

Morning Cathy, My iffy days are when I fall off the wagon big time.
Makes me even more fedup then.. I need to pull myself together..as they say!
upload_2016-5-22_11-39-10.png

It's good that you upgraded to Windows 10, it took me a little bit to get used to it, but it hasn't been too bad :)

What did you mean by your toolbar being gone? Do you mean the taskbar at the bottom (with the programs / clock and the like)?

It's good that you upgraded to Windows 10, it took me a little bit to get used to it, but it hasn't been too bad :)

What did you mean by your toolbar being gone? Do you mean the taskbar at the bottom (with the programs / clock and the like)?

This is what my toolbar used to look like:

I could go to File and get a print preview.. managed to get something a bit similar.

(don't know how to get rid of "attached file")

Thanks Minerva.. may as well stick with what I've got at the mo' seeing as I'm gradually finding my way now.

Sunday 22nd May 2016

Not done anything much today as far as any sort of work in fact I still have a sink full of washing up that needs doing.
Had a microwave meal tonight to add to my laziness..
grin.png
.. don't know why I bought a curry as it's far too hot for me.. korma is about the strength I can tolerate.

Counts: Cals 1,215 Carbs 158 SatFat 22 Protein 52 Sodium 1,751 Fibre 16

Monday 23rd May 2016

Knitting group this afternoon which was very enjoyable.
Then went to collect a prescription from the surgery for my sinus problem which continues.. doctor prescribed an antihistamine and I was rather doubtful about it but seems to be having a good effect. Had to wait ages in the chemist and everyone was getting a bit fed up with it.. seems there was someone new there perhaps filling in for someone on hols.. Called in for fish and chips on the way home but only ate about 75% as there's always far too many chips and the batter was very thick.

Counts: Cals 1,071 Carbs 102 SatFat 28 Protein 34 Sodium 1,675 Fibre 8

More info on the fat intake I see on the news. The Wright Stuff discussed it at some length especially as there were 2 doctors on the panel.. seems there is still the same old arguments!

(I now find that the print on my screen has changed to a lot smaller size and I know I can change it on most forums but have tried numerous things to change my screen without success!!!
superangry.png
)
Just managed to change it somehow (?) .. now it's a bit too big..:(

Last edited:
I don't take any notice of all the info on what is good and bad for us. It changes so much that sometimes I don't think the 'professionals' know.

Glad you have found something that works for your sinuses. I'm still having problems after 3 years of mine starting. I suppose I should keep a record of it again when it happens,what the weather was like,what I ate but I always forget to write it down.:rolleyes:

Em,can you sort me out? I'm a bit confused(which is not unusual for me) When minimins closed, you and I joined a forum (can't remember the name) which had been set up by former miniminers. Now, my question...
Is this forum, the one we are posting on now, the original minimins reopened or the other forum which has changed its name to minimins? The reason I asked, is that this one feels as cosy as the old minimins.

Hi Tasi :) This is the original MiniMins that has re-opened. The other forum is called FoodFighters and is found here: http://foodfighters.boards.net/ ... in my opinion this forum is more active than the other one now, as more people discover it for the first time or find their way back.

x

You are right with the name Minerva but I'm not so sure on the activity on both of them. It seems to me that FF has just about reached it's limits as far as old MM members are concerned but there are continuing new members of course, whereas this renewed forum, whilst it's great that it's back, at the moment it hasn't reached the amount of activity that it used to have and I feel it will take a while for that to get back to anywhere near what it was. For the short time it has been reactivated it is doing very well IMHO.
Sad to say there are those that are not so forgiving about the way the shut down was handled but who knows what each one of us would have done in those circumstances.
Long may Minimins continue! ..
upload_2016-5-24_12-53-18.png

Tuesday 24th May 2016

My massage this afternoon was great and it's stopped the pain in my head plus the coughing I had. Took me a great deal of effort to drive home as it does affect my back and makes it very painful because of laying flat for an hour or so. Only just getting over that and had so had to do another microwave meal.. but that's what they're there for.
Carbs up again altho' it's only to be expected.

Counts: Cals 1,388 Carbs 200 SatFat 18 Protein 64 Sodium 1,420 Fibre 10
With added 142 calories for "exercise"

I think MiniMins is picking up again and I hold no grudges for it shutting down. Like I said on the other forum, it wasn't a malicious thing, more out of necessity and circumstance. I am grateful to those who run it putting in their own time and money to keep it going and I am glad to see it back.

I hope your back has settled after the massage! :)

I think MiniMins is picking up again and I hold no grudges for it shutting down. Like I said on the other forum, it wasn't a malicious thing, more out of necessity and circumstance. I am grateful to those who run it putting in their own time and money to keep it going and I am glad to see it back.

I hope your back has settled after the massage! :)

I think so too Minerva.. I've tried to convey that to others as well but have to leave them to their own decisions don't we?

Back much better today thanks..but it's up and down all the time.

Wednesday 25th May 2016

Watched Murray this afternoon.. all very nail biting finish.
Not done much else apart from a bit more knitting.. dull damp rainy day.

Kept to a fairly good eating prog today which is a surprise..

Breakfast - Petit Filous Fromage Frais 1pot
Lunch - Bread 1 slice + Cheese 38g & Coffee + Cream 20ml
Snack - Ginger Cordial 100ml + Digestive Biscuits 2
Dinner - Jacket Potato baked 180g + Salad + Tuna 95g + Salad Cream 35g
Supper - Rich Tea Biscuits 2
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1,136 Carbs 116 SatFat 20 Protein 61 Sodium 1,481 Fibre 8

Last edited:
Agree with both of you. Mind you, I was a bit scathing about how the old one closed down so suddenly, but when I realized the problems they had had, and were having I understood. For me, it was like losing an old friend and although the F.F.one seemed as nice and cosy at first,it didn't do it for me and I dropped off. I found this new one by accident

Agree with both of you. Mind you, I was a bit scathing about how the old one closed down so suddenly, but when I realized the problems they had had, and were having I understood. For me, it was like losing an old friend and although the F.F.one seemed as nice and cosy at first,it didn't do it for me and I dropped off. I found this new one by accident

Touche'!

Thursday 26th May 2016

Kept to a very good plan today.. well pleased with myself.
I've also been going to the loo so many times today and not having drank much more than usual I'm just hoping I haven't got a chill or the like! Weight has gone up a couple of pounds which I haven't as yet logged but I'll adjust that on Monday.

Breakfast - Oats 35g + Linseeds 10g + Honey
Lunch - Bread 2slices + Pate' 40g
Snack - Digestive Biscuits 2
Dinner - Eggs hardboiled 2 + Salad + Mash 30g + Coleslaw 50g
Supper - Rich Tea Fingers 2
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1,106 Carbs 103 SatFat 17 Protein 44 Sodium 1,190 Fibre 15

Friday 27th May 2016

Morrisons for lunch.. did say I wasn't going there again but their meals are so nice and at reasonable cost too. Take my cushion from the car in with me to put on the chair which has solved that problem.
Went for a scooter round the store and didn't buy any sweets or chocolate but did buy a ginger cake.. just love ginger.
Did get a bit OTT but with all my "exercise" (i.e. driving, shopping ..and eating?
grin.png
) it's not too bad.

Counts: Cals 1,344 Carbs 134 SatFat 26 Protein 72 Sodium 932 Fibre 10
Extra 225 cals for exercise.

Saturday 28th May 2016

Up early and heard all the C&W music this morning which was great.
Made a chicken stew with the rest of the chicken meal I had at Morrisons yesterday. All was goin well but then as I was leaving it to have a lost boil I forgot about it until I had this very pungent smell of burning!.. managed to salvage about half of it and it didn't taste too bad either.
Finally found out how to save documents etc... what a relief.

Carbs a bit too much yet again.

Breakfast - Weetabix 2 + Milk SS 140ml & Coffee + Cream 15ml
Lunch - Kallo Rice Cakes 2 + L.C. Cheese 1
Snack - Ginger Cake 47g + Ginger & Lemongrass Cordial 100ml
Dinner - Chicken Stew + Dumpling 15g + Mash 25g
Supper - Petit Filous Fromage Frais 1pot
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1,091 Carbs 117 SatFat 21 Protein 43 Sodium 636 Fibre 9

Sunday 29th May 2016

Day started off really badly so had to take some morphine but soon got going thank goodness.
Coughing continues and apparently according to other posts it may well be an allergic reaction to all the grass cutting that has been done outside here recently so I shall go back to taking the antihistamines I was prescribed.

Watched Andy as he got thro' to the next round.. Yay!

A bit doolally at the mo' so have to cut this short.. See you all tomorrow..
smiley.png

...................................................................................................................................................

Monday 30th May 2016

Not a good start again.. had to grab a couple of biscuits to take my meds as quick as possible.
Pleased that I am still at 200.8lbs.. been up and down as per but result today is good methinks.

Phone call from Sandra which always makes my day.. she's still waiting to hear about her op. Unfortunately the surgeon is not likely to be back until June but as she has a trip booked then that will mean it'll probably be September. Very disappointing for her.
Had a nice chat and laugh anyway so we both cheered each other up as my cough continues and I felt extremely unwell last night. Decided that I shall phone doc again tomorrow.

Very pleased with my menus and my stickability today..
grin.png

Breakfast - Digestive Biscuits 2
Lunch - Bread 34g + Pate 20g
Snack - Rice Cakes 2 + L.. Cheese 1 & Coffee + Cream 20ml & Ginger Cordial 100ml
Dinner - Cod fillet 200g + Peas 100g + Mash 25g + Tomato Ketchup 20g
Supper - Petit Filous Fromage Frais 1pot
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1,029 Carbs 90 SatFat 17 Protein 65 Sodium 1,114 Fibre 10

Back