KETO STICKS

Janey B

Just wonder if anyone knows what colour you should produce on the stick to know your well into ketosis, is it the pale pink, rosy pink or deeper pink!!!!!! Rosie xx

Yup! I do!
'tia any colour pink will show you're in ketosis, BUT if you're at the top end of the scale you're not in 'more ketosis' you're runnig a bit dry & need to increase your water intake.
Easy!
what was your result?

Hi Jane, i've mainly been in the rose pink colour, third one along. Rosie xx

yup fine,but make sure you don't go any higher.

water water water................................................................................................................

Anything above negative (the peach colour) is fine. But remember - not everyone will produce the type of ketone that is detected by the ketostix - but this doesn't mean you're not in ketosis. I showed up fine until my last half stone, and then I never registered at all - even though I was still in ketosis and nothing had chnaged. Was probably my body producing a different type of ketone as it struggled to find fat to burn!

Thanks everyone for your answers, some days it's rosy pink some days paler pink, as long as i know it's ok to have either reading thats great. Have a good day all and keep up the good work!! xx

I'm starting to think ketostix are a bit evil, they really get people worrying sometimes. those nasty little things

I don't check mine, I think as long as I'm sticking to the diet then I shouldn't really come out of ketosis - bar some reaction to meds or something. I check mine at weigh in (sometimes) and apart from that I never think about it - I just assume that I'm in ketosis.

it could drive you crazy.
my LLC checks each week and I am always purple, this week I have been drinking more. I have bought some ketostix today, checked my urine and its showing negative.

Go figure!!!!!!

I am still losing weight though so I am not going to fret too much.

Katie, I think your way is probably best, that as long as we stick to plan then we are in ketosis! Possibly a lot of us get really hung up about these evil little paddle sticks as Donnalou says!!!
xx

Yep I think so - it takes something else to worry about out of the equation --- and that suits me just fine :)

:confused: Just a quick question?????
If you are in ketosis are you always burning fat?
What I mean is if you eat something u shouldn't have but you are
still showing pink does that mean your still burning fat? and what you've eaten was okay?

:confused: Just a quick question?????
If you are in ketosis are you always burning fat?
Yup
What I mean is if you eat something u shouldn't have but you are
still showing pink does that mean your still burning fat? Yup! and what you've eaten was okay? well yup & nope. It means that what you ate contained fewer additional carbohydrates than would be needed to kick you out of ketosis, so in that respect it was OK.Also if it was a postitive sensible coice you made to have a small bit to eat, then it might well be OK,If you feel you have sinned,got away with it but are determined not to repeat it as you mayn't be so lucky neaxt time,then it was sort of OK.
BUT,if it was very calorie laden it would have slowed your loss rate, if it set off the nibbling habit it could lead to coming out of ketosis or even falling off the diet altogether. In which case it's not OK.

I'm was being purposely a bit provocative here....sorry I'm in a bit of a bossy mood tonight.
Was trying to show how mentally, at any rate, there's more to eating extra bits than purely the pink on the stick
Only you know which side you fell.
hope the diet continues to go well.

AAAhhh So!

Oh sorry Carly, it was me saying 'Got it now, had assumed ,wrongly, that you were at the fridge door'

The "ahhh sooo" was supposed to be said in a chinese accent, to convey comprehension.
Such are the limitations of typed language & my juvenile brain.

Back