Ketosis.. How do you know?

stef2009

Gold Member
Just wondering....

How do you know when your in ketosis and how do you know if youve come out of it?? x

Ive learnt to recognise a certain taste/feeling in my mouth , but im never 100% sure

I tend to just think that if i stick to plan thn ill be in ketosis within 4 or 5 days and if I dont break the plan then im still in ketosis

some people use ketostix but i never have , as ive read they can sometimes be unreliable, i prefer to judge for myself ,

Ahhh i see, i'm guessing aswell you will know by the end of the week too on your weight loss, if its quite low you havnt been in ketosis? xx

I don't use ketostix either, and the taste/breath is definitely what lets me know lol

Lack of hunger is also a huge clue

Good Luck

I do use ketostix when I'm going into ketosis but you do just sort of know. The breath thing usually gives it away :). Lack of weight loss isn't usually a good guide as weight loss can be affected by all sorts of things. If you are 100% you will be in ketosis in 4-5 days or less. If you've added things that are not part of the plan you have to ensure that these extras do not kick you out. Personally I would ensure I was in ketosis before doing any meddling with the plan.

Well my plan is to stick to it 100% and then thats it, no adding anything in :D
So hopefully i should be in it all the time.. Just kept seeing people talking about going in and out and wondered how they knew and why they was lol

When i did lipotrim i cant even remember anything about ketosis but again i stuck to that 100% and lost 2 stone in just less than 8 weeks.. People thought i was mad i wouldnt even have a chewy lol xx

Yea defo the breath and taste, i know i am in cause everything tastes like i have sucked some 2ps before drinking or eating it lol, have a sort or meaty,sulphuric smell to my breath,my mouth is very dry also...although i am not freezing quite the opposite i have been bleeding boiling hot the whole time :(

When i was going into ketosis i was lightheaded and very tired the first 2 days.

And lastly the hunger stops(such a plus lol). I can totally see why ppl don't want to be kicked out of ketosis as the hunger pains and grumbling just stop.....:D

I watched a video the other day about ketostix and how to use them correctly was v. interesting.

I cant remember the bad breath when i did lipotrim, infact it looks like the whole thing was a blur to me lmao. All i remember was shakes shakes shakes!!

Well gotta say im super excited to start hopefully wednesday if they arrive 2morro!

Off to sainsburys now to stock up on a few things :D

I get headaches alot anyway, Sometimes i do stupid soup diets and get really bad headaches and tiredness for a while, thats prob me in ketosis!!

xx

A little confused about ketosis

Its my 1st day on S&S and wanted to know if drinking coke Zero would affect me getting into ketosis?:confused:

Dont think so hun, coke zero is on the list of what we can drink, so all looks good :D x

Awww no :) is it good? i need to get some, i wanna try the doctor pepper zero! x

I like it, which i'm surprised about because i have tasted Diet Coke some time ago and I hated the taste. I also bought some Dr pepper but I haven't tried that yet but will let you know when i do :). I bought the 12x330ml cans from Tesco for £4 and two 2ltr bottles of Dr pepper zero for £1 each i think they were on offer. I'm also gonna try some of the Tesco own brand flavored water as i think that will be a huge help in getting my water intake in. x

Ohh do tescos have it on offer?? I went so sains before it was £2 a bottle, didnt wana buy a huge bottle for £2 if i didnt like it so was just gonna pop to the shop and buy a can, but a bloody can in my local shop is 80p!!! I got my water from sains as they have sparkling water you can have, 3 bottles for £1.20!

Will try the coke zero too and get some cans of that too if i like it xx

Just had a look on the Tesco website and the cans are still £4 but the Dr pepper zero is now £2 for a 2ltr bottle. i would say try one first to see if you like it, I took a risk but im glad it paid off coz i like the Coke zero. I'm deffo going to get some water from Sains seems like a good deal. x

Just checked they have the dr pepper zero in asda 2ltr bottle for a quid so sending the fella there on his way home from work to pick me a bottle up :D will try a can of coke zero see what i think!

I drink alot of volvic strawberry water, going to be so hard to come off that lol drinking is my biggest downfall, not the eating part :\ xx

Apparently there is a cheap flavoured water in Iceland that I think Moosh buys that is also fine.

Oh brill will keep an eye out for that when i next go into town :) x

stef2009 said:
Just checked they have the dr pepper zero in asda 2ltr bottle for a quid so sending the fella there on his way home from work to pick me a bottle up :D will try a can of coke zero see what i think!

I drink alot of volvic strawberry water, going to be so hard to come off that lol drinking is my biggest downfall, not the eating part :\ xx

Yes it is I bought four bottles today! The dr pepper zero packaging has changed, it's now white x

BordersGirl said:
Apparently there is a cheap flavoured water in Iceland that I think Moosh buys that is also fine.

Yes it's 2l bottles 2 for a £1. Red apple, it's yummy but having real issues getting it, sittingbourne are always out, having to go over the island for it!

Back