Ketosis Question

Will a tiny drop of semi skimmed milk take you out of ketosis?

Yep, completely agree with Kay. And I should know!!!!!

Don't do it, don't make the same mistakes I did.

This diet is best done 100%.

One small thing leads to another and another, the next thing you know is you're having a full meal thinking it won't hurt.

But at the end of the day it is your decision.

Sorry, I hope that didn't sound too harsh.

It's just that I know that I am going to be doing a few extra weeks due to lapsing and sooooo wish I hadn't.

Try adding a little bit of vanilla shake to you're coffee. Or like I do, I have a full sachet of vanilla with a spoon full of coffee and 700ml of boiling water. It's just like a latte. Try it, it's wonderful!!!

Thankyou both. I know you are right I am only on day 8 and think about food 24/7.
Brenda xx

I'm on week 14 and still think about food constantly!!!

I TOTALLY, TOTALLY agree with the other girls! I followed the diet 100%, right through Xmas, birthdays, everything and anything, and I lost 6st in 21 weeks. I did not eat or drink anything not in 'the rules', and that included Marigold Boullion, etc, that were apparently 'safe' to have. It was more for the fact that it would be a slippery slope, and in essence I would be saying "one little bit won't harm". Well, this is fine if you could deal with this, but while I was finding it easier and easier to stick to, to the point where I miss the four packs now I'm in RTM for a few reasons, I've watched others in my group leaving after lapsing, or struggling, week in week out, to stick to the plan, because one bite of something started a slippery slope. While I lost 6 stone, others had lost around 2 or 3 stone, with still a good few stone to lose. To me, it's just not worth it, as losing weight was far too important to me.

Definitely each to his own, but I implore you to stick to it completely. It's such a short period of time and the weeks will absolutley fly by! I feel amazing and still am astounded that I buy size 8 or 10 clothes! How the heck!

People often say "I'd love to lose all that weight, but couldn't do LL as I love my food too much", well, believe me when I say no one loves their food, or was addicted to it and used it for comfort and total emotional feeding for so long as me!

I'm so proud of myself for sticking to it and doing so well (funny, I could never have typed that once as I could neither take compliments or give them to myself - I can now and just say thanks, or big myself up a huge amount more than I ever did!).

Give LL a chance and it will give you a fabulous new life back (corny, but very true!!).

Good luck!

Well said Poppysparkle! I agree - try not to add anything 'illegal' - this diet is best done 100%. I'm only 2 weeks in myself and am always wondering 'what it' and 'i bet I could manage that' etc but reading these boards definitely keeps me on the straight and narrow!

Yep have to agree with Loula. Without these boards and the wealth of knowledge on here from thoses that have walked the walk, I would have fallen in day 4.
I cross all my fingers that I will see this through to the end and into RTM like the others. The only person that can stop me is me!! And I dont want to let myself and my friends down so I have no choice but to stick 100% to the plan.
Poppysparkle is right...I think a little bit of this and a little bit of that can ultimately lead to a lot of this and then a lot of that.
xx

Can't add anything to above, other than to agree.

Please don't start 'messing' with the plan. It works if you work it.

If you're struggling with thought about f##d, take this as a challenge you need to overcome, at the end of the day LL is as much (if not more) about learning how you cope with/without f##d, as it is about losing weight. That was one of the reasons I chose the LL route in the first place.

I know it's not easy (nothing worthwhile ever is). BUT as you progress staying on-track you will feel better and better about yourself, and slowly work out what/why you are drawn to eating/drinking.

Like PoppySparkle, I can also get quite evangelical about the LL way, but honestly trust us and keep the faith.

Back