ketosis signs

binibikini

supposed to be working!
Hi y'all - as you can see, i should be working but i'm soooo not. anyway, was wondering about the signs of ketosis you guys have experienced - what do we noobs have to look forward to? :character00238:

Hiya

Lack of hunger and increased energy were the two big ones for me!

x

porgeous, i can't stop looking at your amazing transformation. you look incredible!
thanks for sharing your signs - my energy is surprisingly high - looking fwd to my morning stepper session tomorrow.
(Yesterday however, i stepper-ed in the morning and did yoga at night and almost ate something - should really not work out so much in the next week or so, or i know ill cave.)

Hiya

Lack of hunger and increased energy were the two big ones for me!

x

Definitely increase in energy after the first few days :superwoman: and Porgeous....how good to see ya girl!!!;):D:D xx

I was terrified of "ketosis" on my first diet (w8) which i did for the first 10 weeks of my 12 weeks on a diet.

I never showed any signs on the sticks - not even when I held them up to the light and squinted, held them under the desk and squinted - did the stick at all times of the day - it never changed....... it was always "beige". Always! It just never changed!

W8 put a lot of emphasis on "you must show ketosis or your diet is not working - or you are cheating" and I really felt a failure because the magic sticks did not show any change - I even went out and bought a new tube of them incase the first set were faulty. Nothing.

I have now come to the conculsion that Ketosis is clearly shown as everyone else above has pointed out. The nasty breath. The metal taste in your mouth etc. The weight-loss.... STOP..... the weight-loss, how fab is that!?

Hope everyone else is losing well.

I have furry teeth?!?

It's difficult to get a positive reading on the ketostix if you've drunk plenty of water as your urine has been so diluted, so I guess they don't always work for everyone. For me, knowing I was in ketosis meant that the bad headache I had had for a couple of days lifted, I truly did stop feeling hungry, but I did feel cold, so much so that when I started this time 2 weeks ago, I actually put the central heating on - OH was not best pleased!!! :D

Hi there - I'm on first week and think I must be going into ketosis - what felt like a forever headache (!) has gone, I feel a little elated and my mouth tastes a little weird. Not cold yet mind ..... I tired stick today but still beige ...... Not worried as I feel like I am beginning to lose weight already .... and the headache has gone!!

porgeous, i can't stop looking at your amazing transformation. you look incredible!
thanks for sharing your signs - my energy is surprisingly high - looking fwd to my morning stepper session tomorrow.
(Yesterday however, i stepper-ed in the morning and did yoga at night and almost ate something - should really not work out so much in the next week or so, or i know ill cave.)

A lot depends on your heart rate level. If you go up too high, and most people do when they exercise your body will be looking for glycogen. You've not got any of that and that's why your body is sending you out hunger signs. Keep heart rate low and you may well be fine.

for me that horrible headache has gone, im more alert and i have more energy
on the slight downside i have nasty breath, 5 minutes after brushing and the odd taste is back and im cold ( todays a sunny and warm day, im dressed in a long winter dress, jogging bottoms, cardigan and am wrapped in a blanket )

Mine were strange as one of my symptoms my CDC had never seen. I got the usual funny breath (but only for 2 days, 4 and 5), metalic taste, pink sticks (in the morning), headaches and the tired feeling on day 4 yet full of beans on day 5. But the one that my CDC has never seen was on day 4, I would have a shake/water and then promtly throw up :rolleyes: My CDC thought I would have to come off the plan but on day 5 and since its been fine. I have never found an explination and it wasnt a sickness bug because I hadnt been out of the house (except to CDC) for 2 weeks. Certainly strange but worrying too :(

you are actually not the only person to have the nausea when you initially go into ketosis. It's unusual, but not unheard of, I've had 2 clients who had the same... both on day 4!

I know I'm in ketosis, because I have the worst mouth ever! My tongue feels like the bottom of a budgie cage and my teeth are coated with, what feels like fuzzy felts!

Sadly, I don't get the bounding energy, but, it takes a full 6 weeks before I begin to feel the cold....

Back