Ketosis?

Angie69

Help I'm on day 10 of total solution exante shakes. Lost 12lb in 8 days . But still no sign of ketosis and stopped losing weight past 2 days why?

Hi,
12lbs is an excellent loss. :) Maybe your weight loss will average out over the next month.

I'm on day 13 of the TS my weight too has had a stall but as I'm sticking with the plan I know the loss will have to show eventually but it's still can be disheartening.

You say you're not in Ketosis yet, are you using the strips to check? I read that they are not always reliable. I realised I must have been it ketosis when my hunger/appetite diminished.

Are the shakes not filling you up?

Yes the shakes are lovely im not hungry . Im using the keytone strips. My partner has lost 15lb now in 10 days and the strips turn dark purple for him. I'm on a lot of medication could this be the problem?

I was told if your not in ketosis you won't burn fat? That's why the weight loss has stopped. Because body will store the fat as its being starved so weight loss stopped.

Yes the shakes are lovely im not hungry . Im using the keytone strips. My partner has lost 15lb now in 10 days and the strips turn dark purple for him. I'm on a lot of medication could this be the problem?

Possibly, but I don't really know tbh.

I think you're doing brilliantly with your loss, so far. I wouldn't rely too much on the sticks and go off other Keto symptoms instead.

Quite a few people on here have mentioned a stall in the second week and are putting it down to the 'whoosh' effect.

My advice would be to just keep going, chick. It will come off eventually.

Last edited:
I was told if your not in ketosis you won't burn fat? That's why the weight loss has stopped. Because body will store the fat as its being starved so weight loss stopped.

Are you very active? If so, that could be making you have too much of a calorie deficit and that would put your body into preservation mode and would cause the weight loss to stall.

Have a read of this: https://www.minimins.com/threads/ketoveggie-sunday-scores-on-the-doors-diary.360313/#post-8024407

Not active really walk to work and back 10 mins In total then work 1n half hours a day in dinner hall with screaming kids. Had heart attack 2 years ago hence the meds. Was thinking maybe to many carbs in the shakes? Either have 2 shakes a day 400 cal total ?

Not active really walk to work and back 10 mins In total then work 1n half hours a day in dinner hall with screaming kids. Had heart attack 2 years ago hence the meds. Was thinking maybe to many carbs in the shakes? Either have 2 shakes a day 400 cal total ?

No. I don't think you should go less than 600 cals. You will not lose weight that way and it will probably do more harm than good.

I totally understand your frustration but I honestly think just keep on with the 3 shakes per day for another week and see how you get on with your loss. Maybe also have a word with an Exante rep about your meds? either on their website or FB page.

I'm even thinking about stopping all my medication to see if that works?

That sounds like a terrible idea. How will not taking your meds affect you?

I really think you need to read a few more of the Exante threads on here. You will see that everyone is losing at different rates and many have a week or two when the weight loss seems to be stalled, then by the next weigh- in they have a good loss.
I really think you should just keep going, do 4 weeks then average out your weight loss?

Did you read the link I posted about the 'whoosh' effect? It might bring you some peace of mind. :) x

Edit: You lost 12 lbs in 8 days! That's amazing. You're doing really well.

Help I'm on day 10 of total solution exante shakes. Lost 12lb in 8 days . But still no sign of ketosis and stopped losing weight past 2 days why?
Hi well done on ur 12lb loss, I myself lost 12 in the first week, then in the second week only lost 1lb so same as you I thought why had I stalled but then week 3 onwards lost 4lbs, stick with the plan and hopefully you’ll start seeing the numbers going down also if it’s not a scale victory maybe inch loss.
Best of luck x

12lb loss is amazing! Don't compare yourself with a man. Men tend to lose weight much more quickly. Ketone sticks aren't the be all and end all. My sticks are never really purple, but I think drinking lots of water dilutes the ketones, so don't worry about that! Deffo don't drop to 400 cals, that's dangerous. Also you are on your meds I presume at your doctor's instruction so would not advise coming off them. Just be careful though and do check that Exante is the right diet for you and that there aren't any drug interactions, the Exante products contain lots of vitamin K and could mess with things like blood thinners (warfarin). If you have a heart condition definitely check with your doctor for his agreement that the diet is ok for you and your meds. Final point (I promise) maybe you should only weigh once a week or average out your losses. I'm a daily weigher, but am aware I won't lose every day, but over the week, I do see some progress. Good luck! 😊

Wow 12lbs is amazing, well done. Now you can't honestly expect to lose 12lbs a week as that isn't realistic unless someone weighed about 50st to begin with.

I've done a VLCD many times so I'm well versed. Taking 2 packs a day will mean you're only getting two thirds of your daily nutrition as each pack provides one third of all the RDA of vitamins and minerals.

Everyone has a big loss on a VLCD at the beginning as it's mainly water weight and then it levels out to between 2-4lbs a week So please don't be disheartened, if you're taking your 3 packs a day and drinking plenty of water (2-4 liters a day) then you're doing everything right.

Also don't worry about ketone strips, they're not necessary. A light to dark pink is optimal for ketosis, your fella might be burning at a higher rate as men lose weight quicker than women. Sad but true.

Anyway you're both doing excellent so keep up the good work!

Back