key lime cheesecake from SW mag

kelly811

has anyone else tried this?

I had to double up the ingredients because of the size of my tin, it's the 1st time I've tried making a SW dessert and just wondered whether it had turne dout right?? OH thinks it's a bit too jellyish -soes yours turn out like that?

I reckon it should still be okay although it might take longer to set. I haven't tried this particular recipe but I think some others did so you might want to do a search for the thread. Just remember to double the syn value for the cheesecake if you doubled the ingredients.

SW "cheesecakes" are a bit like SW "quiches". You should not expect them to be anything like the real thing.

Actually the "cheesecakes" are very nice but, as you say, a bit "jellyish" if you were expecting the usual cheesecake texture.

(Personally I think that the "quiches" are just a bad joke, but people here seem to like them, so take no notice of me!!)

I ADORE the quiches!! Made a sausage (syn free) and red onion today with mushrooms, courgettes and peppers too, mixed in some chilli and a little mustard and it was lushioso!! I will be trying out cheesecake soon, I particularly like the look of the key lime pie!X

SW "cheesecakes" are a bit like SW "quiches". You should not expect them to be anything like the real thing.

Actually the "cheesecakes" are very nice but, as you say, a bit "jellyish" if you were expecting the usual cheesecake texture.

(Personally I think that the "quiches" are just a bad joke, but people here seem to like them, so take no notice of me!!)

i can't stomach the quiches either, think i made myself so sick of them 10 years ago on SW..made one when rejoined 4 weeks ago took one nibble and chucked it..vile vile but then again i'm not a lover of cheese! just had another slice of the cheesecake taking the rest into work..it was ok but don't think i'll be making it again

I made the key lime pie at the weekend to take to my mums for Sunday dinner, it was so yummy. It is kind of jellyish and wobbly but it's really tasty even my dad liked it and he doesn't like much! The way I seen it was if it's a low syn way of having a tasty pudding I can put up with it being a bit odd + wobbly :) plus it only took about 10 mins to make!

I made the SW baked choco cheesecake a couple of months ago + that was more cheesecakey than the key lime pie. It went rubbery after a day in the fridge and was kind of bitter tasting. Think it's trial + error with SW puddings.

Back