Kids....

Try something called Gelli bath. From ebay or Tesco - don't put too much water in and it a powder that turns the bath into sort of thick wall paper paste. 2 packs n the bath and leave them in there. Mine youngest has Down syndrome so in she goes with her older sister - both with bathing suits on and the stay for ages and ages. Its gross but for a day like today brilliant - depends whether your son copes with tactile stuff. On the same theme Netto sell cornflour for under 20p a pack large washing up bowl , throw in water and about 5 packs and away for a few hours and you can use it over and over.
Have fun !!

Gelli bath oooo will have to nip to tesco's!!!

Corn flour is fab!!!! I can sit there for hours playing with it never mind them!! i love the way is dead hard, then just turns to liquid!!!

Also, has anyone tried soap flakes you add water to them leave them over night and it turns into a strecthy, goowie type of thing fab!! Looks like my house is going to be a messy one for the next 6 weeks :)

I love cornflour too!!

The soap flakes thing sounds like fun! As for the Gelli Baff, I saw this advertised on TV and tried to convince J to get it for his daughter but he was having none of it! Looks like great fun and I want to play in it! lol

Nah your never to old..Cornflour is just mixed with water and is wierd!! Its solid to touch, but then drips off things great kept my kids entertained for 4 hours yay!!!

It's for the kids???!?! I thought it was a sexual thing knowing what you girls are like!!!!
shhhhhhhhh...don't mention the S word, or you will have us moved to Flirt zone!!!
How are you an RE teacher lol

try salt dough approx equal amounts of cheap flour and salt mixed with water .Bit like play dough when they have made something impressive you can bake it low heat 2 or 3 for hours then paint it .or add food colouring to flour mix .Try make things hollow or thin like door plaques badges magnets drinks coasters .Use garlic press to make hair for sheep or dolls great fun and very cheap get them to make the xmas tree decs lol

Back