Kindle

Sinead6uk

Bread is my enemy!
Hi Guys,

I've just got myself a Kindle and I LOVE it! however I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for sites to download book from that are reasonable? I've found some great deals on Amazon but there's some books that I want that are quite pricey.

thanks everyone :)

Download "calibri" to your computer and it will convert most formats for kindle also allow you to download the daily newspapers.
Just type in a search engine "free books"
Great machine, bought mine last Xmas........
I put my SW recipes on it, just send them to the kindle website and they appear on your Kindle moments later.

bilsat said:
Download "calibri" to your computer and it will convert most formats for kindle also allow you to download the daily newspapers.
Just type in a search engine "free books"
Great machine, bought mine last Xmas........
I put my SW recipes on it, just send them to the kindle website and they appear on your Kindle moments later.

Yeah I downloaded caliber but then couldn't work out how to get books onto it. How do I send recipes to the website? Sorry for the questions! Im a kindle newbie! :D

Do you know anyone with a Kindle? You could perhaps, share books with each other? I have a group on fb for this purpose lol

Ooooh please all Kindle users post all the best tips for using your Kindle, I have bought the Boy one of these for Xmas as a surprise, he's been after one for yonks and I have been cunningly telling him that they ruin literature for everyone who loves turning a page so he wouldn't think I would buy him one.

What else can you do other than read books? What are it's best features? xxx

I recived my kindle for last christmas from my brother. What i love is thats its soo easy to read books without the weight and bulk of them.

I have had a couple fo problem with mine which meant I had it replaced with no problem from Amazon, getting the books back onto another kindle is no prob as they are all saved on the Amazon account so is just a case of d/l again with wispernet which dosnt cause any problems at all

Anna

Do you know anyone with a Kindle? You could perhaps, share books with each other? I have a group on fb for this purpose lol

oooh how do you do that? I didnt know you could share between kindles! very handy! unfortunately my friend doesn't have the particular books i'm after but that would be handy for others. :)

Unfortunately the prices listed on Amazon are often set by the book by the book publisher so you are unlikely to find the same book for less elsewhere on the web.

As for Calibre you click "Add book" to upload and convert a book from your computer, or your can "Get book" which allows you to search a variety of different ebook resources for a particular title.

But for a general how-to guide you can't beat the information on the Amazon website.

I have a Kindle. Love it.
There were a few books I wanted from Amazon a while back, but they were more expensive that the actual book! I found after a few weeks, the prices came down (they were new books), and instead of paying £6.99, I was getting them for 99p.
I haven't used any other sites yet.

I stocked up with a lot of books when Amazon had a Kindle book sale in the summer - loads of books for 99p. Some of them weren't very good as it turned out, but at 99p it was worth a try. Some of them were by authors I was very glad to have discovered this way.

And there are loads of books for the Kindle on Amazon which are free - anything out of copyright, which includes nearly all the classics. I am currently working my way through the Barsetshire novels which I got free.

I bought a Kindle earlier in the year and have misplaced it!

Loads of free books and loads of cheap books too. I'm hoping to find it now I'm off work sick and bored!

oooh how do you do that? I didnt know you could share between kindles! very handy! unfortunately my friend doesn't have the particular books i'm after but that would be handy for others. :)

I have hundreds of books on my laptop, in mobi. format, which the Kindle reads just fine, no converting required. I'd be happy to send you some via email, if you can tell me what sort of books interest you.

Me, I'm a fiction junkie. I love fantasy and sci-fi. I have all the Laurell K Hamilton books, which I adored at first, but it seems lately they have just disolved into sex-scene after sex-scene, when they're supposed to be about a crime-fighting necromancer!!! lol
I also have the Twilight books, the Game of Thrones series, lots by Robin Hobb and such.
I also have some classics such as Huckleberry Finn and A Christmas Carol.

I have hundreds of books on my laptop, in mobi. format, which the Kindle reads just fine, no converting required. I'd be happy to send you some via email, if you can tell me what sort of books interest you.

Me, I'm a fiction junkie. I love fantasy and sci-fi. I have all the Laurell K Hamilton books, which I adored at first, but it seems lately they have just disolved into sex-scene after sex-scene, when they're supposed to be about a crime-fighting necromancer!!! lol
I also have the Twilight books, the Game of Thrones series, lots by Robin Hobb and such.
I also have some classics such as Huckleberry Finn and A Christmas Carol.

oooh thanks! I've PM'd you. :) x

When you set up your Kindle you send a username which you use when you send text such as a word document from your computer to your Kindle account such as B*****@kindle.***, make sure you switch the wireless function on and a few seconds later your file will appear, when it appears group it into any folders you have made and remember to turn the wireless off to save battery life!

bilsat said:
When you set up your Kindle you send a username which you use when you send text such as a word document from your computer to your Kindle account such as B*****@kindle.***, make sure you switch the wireless function on and a few seconds later your file will appear, when it appears group it into any folders you have made and remember to turn the wireless off to save battery life!

The only username I set up was my amazon account when I registered it. I don't think it asked me to set up any others?

Back