Kirsty in Control

slimmerforsummer

Thought I'd have a go at this, even if I'm the only one that reads it, it'll maybe help me when I need a boost!

I'm on Day 7, first weigh in tomorrow, which I'm really looking forward to, but was a bit disappointed as it's totm so not sure how much effect this will have on my loss.

I did the Cambridge Diet 5 years ago and definitely don't remember the first week being this easy. I've been taking psyllium husk capsules half an hour before each shake so I'm not sure if this has helped stave off the hunger.

Days 1 - 4 went really well I felt so positive, very few hunger pangs and I really felt in control of my weight for the first time in a long time.

Tuesday (day 5) was a catalogue of disasters! My husband's flight home had been cancelled on the Monday, so I took my son to the airport to see him on Tuesday as he only had 30mins between his incoming flight and his next check-in. The flight was delayed so we saw him for 3 mins :( instead. Then took my son to McD's for lunch which was fine but they'd run out of bottles of water so I had to sit with nothing. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be, I'd taken my sachet with me so tried to have it in the car shaken in to a bottle of water (please don't try this!), my poor car looked liked it had snowed and it was a bl**dy nightmare trying to hoover it out! Various other things went wrong but I won't bore you any further with my moans!

Day 6 and 7 have been fine, I've been a bit tired and lacking motivation but I think this has a lot to with totm as much as the diet. Checked with the ketostix and I'm definitely in ketosis
:)

Things I've learnt so far this week:
I can say 'No' to food (was at a family bbq on Sunday night)
I don't have to lick every spoon that comes out of a jar or pinch any of my sons food or finish his leftovers
Feeling in control of what I'm consuming has made me more confident about other stuff too
A jar of chocolate spread can stay in the cupboard without being constantly dipped in to!

I think that's enough waffle from me for now!

haha, I think you are very brave, in my house a jar of chocolate spread cannot stay in the cupboard, I had to put it in the bin and tell my son the shop ran out!!

If you need to take your lipotrim out with you one of those plastic beakers with a screw lid are excellent, if you have one of those cheap shops near you they sometimes have them, my local home bargains has them for 79p each at the minute so I have emergency sachets everywhere! Much easier to put the powder in a beaker instead of a bottle and seals tight to give it a good shake :)

Best of luck, it's great you seem to be enjoying it so much :)

Thanks Linzie! I don't know why I thought the bottle of water would work but have definitely learnt my lesson! :rolleyes:

Had my first weigh in today and lost 13lbs :bliss: I am so delighted, I feel like I really can do this and it's given me such a boost to have such a big loss in the first week. The sun is shining here and I feel like I've got more energy today. Looking forward to the weekend and I know that being 100% won't be a problem!

Lesson learnt today - I don't hate the scales as much as I used to!

Well done Kirsty, and Its great you have started a diary it really helps to look back and read it if ever you feel a little low. Good luck hun :)

Cracking sore head tonight but still on a high from losing so much in my first week! Headache is entirely my fault tho as I haven't drunk nearly enough water today. Feel really motivated and positive for the week ahead :)

Took my son to the ice cream shop today and I can't believe how easy I'm finding it, I think it's because there's no middle ground - I have to be 100% or it just won't work and a cheat treat could easily put me out of ketosis. It's great to feel in control. We walked round the shops in town today as well and it's lovely looking at the clothes, thinking of what I could fit into very soon. I felt more confident too as usually I keep my head down in the shops as I'm so self conscious but today I didn't feel any less of a person. Being in control really has made a massive difference to me.

It's not been so easy today, I've wanted to eat, not because I'm hungry just to have something different, I have been 100% though. I probably didn't help myself by batch cooking food for my son, I thought this might be easier during the week just to heat up a shepherd's pie or something rather than having to cook every night so I've pretty much been cooking all afternoon!

Spent this morning cleaning and my friend popped round at lunchtime, not exactly been a thrilling day! Tomorrow we're going to a Jubilee Fete and I know there's going to be loads of food stalls, it really seems to be the smell that bothers me most! I'll be fine though, totally determined to be 100% and will go armed with lots of water.

Starting to ponder how much I could lose this week - I'd love it to be half a stone but I think that might be a wee of a long shot! Hey ho, onwards and downwards
:scale:

Back