Lasagne sauce

no i use delias recipe for easy cook white sauce and use half the butter she states its still 11syns per person but is lovely and tastes like the jar stuff only better,

Finally found it! the perfect lasagne recipe! wahoo! i am going to give it a go!

so, i adapted this a bit, but it was the BEST thing ever! honestly!

here's my take on it..

The recipe:
Serves 4
4 HEa’s + 11.5 syns for entire recipe
Approx 1 HEa + 3 syn per serving on Extra Easy

Ingredients
400g of extra lean beef mince
1 large onion chopped
4 cloves of garlic crushed
2 slices of lean back bacon cut up
4 mushrooms chopped
400g of passata (i used the italian herb one)
1 large sweet potato
herbs (thyme, oregano, sage, rosemary)
cinnamon
chilli powder
1 beef stock cube mixed with 200ml of water
1 beef stock cube sprinkled dry over the cooking meat
1 glass of good red wine
Frylight
42g of mozzarella cheese (1 HEa)
28g of parmesan cheese (1 HEa)
lasagne sheets
salt and black pepper
for the cheese sauce:
1 tablespoon of cornstarch (3.5 syns)
250 ml of semi skimmed milk (1 HEa)
28g of parmesan cheese (1 HEa)
salt and black pepper for seasoning
Method
Preheat oven to 180c or 350f
Spray a frying pan with some spray oil and cook the bacon with a pinch of cinnamon until golden,
Add the onions, garlic and herbs cook for a further few minutes, making sure it is all mixed together.
Add the beef mince and cook till browned.
Sprinkle over a dry oxo cube.
Add the mushrooms, tomatoes, stock and the red wine. Then cover and cook for approx 1 hour over a gentle heat on the hob.
In the meantime if using non oven ready lasagne sheets, boil them in a large saucepan until cooked.
Peel and slice the sweet potato, sprinkle with some chilli powder and spray with Frylight/Pam spray and bake in the oven until tender.(approx 45 mins).
When the meat mixture has almost finished it’s cooking time you can make the cheese sauce, Mix the cornstarch with a little of the milk and add to the rest of the milk in a small saucepan over a low heat, constantly stirring until it comes to a boil and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the 28g of parmesan cheese.
Using a square dish. Spray the bottom with some spray oil and lay 3 sheets of lasagne on the bottom. Top with half the meat mixture and then layer with the sweet potato. Add a thin layer of the cheese sauce. Do another layer of 3 lasagne sheets again top with the remaining half of the meat mixture. Then top with the last 3 lasagne sheets.
Pour over the top the cheese sauce.
Turn oven up to 200c or 400f and bake for 30 mins, remove from oven add the 42g of mozzarella and remaining 28g of parmesan to the top and return to the oven for approx 5-10 mins until cheese has melted and is golden.
Serve with a mixed salad.

it was Brit Mum's recipe and idea and i just tweaked it for us. this is the finished results. HEAVEN!!!

lasagne.jpg

Back