1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Green Days last week before pay day

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Crys, 17 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Crys

Crys Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    calorie counting
    I've just spent two hours trying to get my shopping bill as tight as possible, and its damn hard.

I started with a list of what I have, what meals I could scrape from them, and then tried to plot it out with what As and Bs I had in the cupboards. Poor DH, he's having to use up the non-SW foods that we didnt use in time from the freezer (I'm not touching them with a barge pole ;) lol).

So, I think I've managed to get it down to only needing £25 ish of food shopping.

How do the rest of you budget on SW? Where do you make the cuts?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jayde1148

jayde1148 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I stock pile baked beans when on offer! Also lots of pasta and homemade tomato sauces with own brand passage and bulk it out with lots of veg. I buy mainly frozen veg so I never throw any out and even buy frozen garlic! I also batch cook and try to plan ahead. I am being made redundant and the job I have managed to go to at the end of the months is only part time so I am in budgeting mode!!!!

I try to buy own brand things and search for offers- there us a great thread saying where the bargains are! Also I try not to take money to work so I have to have thx lunch I have planned and no sneaky coffees out or extras and that really helps! Also Aldi and Lidl for their fruit and veg us excellent and they sell a tray if 24 eggs for 2.50 ish sometimes less!
  4. lolacola

lolacola Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I can relate... I've been doing a fish week for the last week which cost me a bloody fortune (frozen fish just isn't the same as fresh) soI'm now doing a green week :D

For breakfast during the week I would normally have 2 x Nimble with 3 x Laughing Cow light (Tescos have these on offer) and the Nimble loaf would last me a whole week.

For lunch, I would have my Superfree homemade soup which I make using various veg, and a batch of this would last me a week also.

For dinner I'll be having things like chili con carne (a batch will do me 2 days) I don't mind eating the same dinner twice :D and the Quorn mince is cheap enough.

I've started buying packs of pre chopped frozen mixed peppers and other veg which keeps longer and keeps my costs down, and I freeze my bread too.

I used to be the sort of person that if something was even approaching it's 'use by' date, I would dump it in the bin. Now I'm a lot more flexible - if it looks OK and smells OK I'll eat it :D
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.