lemsip

big bear

A bear on a mission!
How many syns are they?

I may be very wrong here, but I thought all drugs were classified as Syn free, because if they did have Syns in them it would possibly discourage people from taking them when required???

Things like lemsip and soothers have syns due to the sugar content. I think when they say medicines are syn free to prevent discouraging people from taking them they had prescription medicines that are neccesary in mind. Lets face it we could probably all go without flu remidies and it wouldnt be the end of the world. But at 1/2 it aint too bad :)

Kristina88 said:
Things like lemsip and soothers have syns due to the sugar content. I think when they say medicines are syn free to prevent discouraging people from taking them they had prescription medicines that are neccesary in mind. Lets face it we could probably all go without flu remidies and it wouldnt be the end of the world. But at 1/2 it aint too bad :)

To be fair if I'm I'll enough to want lemsip then I'm usually too I'll to want fatty or other synned food. Or most food actually

To be fair if I'm I'll enough to want lemsip then I'm usually too I'll to want fatty or other synned food. Or most food actually

If im mega ill i live on white toast so i always gain :-( luckily I dont get ill that often. But thats true if your ill you dont consume much so I doubt a couple lempsip would make a difference. Cant help on gaviscon as I dont know what it is!!

xx

If I'm feeling like I need something like Lemsip I try to have some hot NAS squash instead - it usually does the trick and makes me feel better :eek:)

I used to have the cold and flu tablets or drinks and found it too me about 10 days to feel well again. I stopped taking them and only I've paracetamol now an I feel better in around 1-2 days. Typical example dh caught a cold last week and took beachams and lemsip and he's still not right. I started the day after with the cold, took paracetamol and was better by Thursday.

I'd say if you can go without then try it and see how you feel, no need to worry about syns and it could make you better sooner

Back