Green Days Let's talk Veggies

I love root veg! I make a soup once a week for lunch with a tonne of root veg in it, this weeks is sweet potato, swede, parsnip, carrot, leek, garlic and chilli.

Broccoli too - it's lovely stir fried, boiled or baked.

Aubergine - sliced thin and fried with sweet chilli sauce.

Cauliflower and green beans in a curry,

I love most veg really - as long as it's cooked right ;)

Pretty much any veg really except sprouts which are the devils food! Currently I'm eating loads of mushrooms, onions, leeks, butternut squash, spinach and courgettes. My only problem is my OH is a bit veggiephobic (except for onions, peppers and root veg) so I usually have to grate them or chop things really finely into sauces or leave them big enough to be picked out! Broccoli is also yummy, and I really like the stalk raw, shredded in salad - gives it a nice crunch and tastes a bit like white cabbage.

Pretty much any veg really except sprouts which are the devils food! Currently I'm eating loads of mushrooms, onions, leeks, butternut squash, spinach and courgettes. My only problem is my OH is a bit veggiephobic (except for onions, peppers and root veg) so I usually have to grate them or chop things really finely into sauces or leave them big enough to be picked out! Broccoli is also yummy, and I really like the stalk raw, shredded in salad - gives it a nice crunch and tastes a bit like white cabbage.

My hubby Is a veggiephobic too .... My 3 yr old Is better lol he loves veg and tends to eat that before everything else on his plate (just like me) :D

Last edited:
My favourite is mushrooms, red onion, peppers and cherry tomatoes roasted in the oven with frylight and some garlic/chilli flakes. Delicious, and so versatile - it goes with loads! :)

Not a Big fan of celery .... But i love it in casseroles and stews it just works and tastes soooo different .... Its all about finding a way or preparing and cooking it that you love ..... I cant stand and love celery all at the Same time

Back