Light PHILADELPHIA

Danielle_

I have been having laughing cow as my "A" can some one tell me is i can have Philadelphia Light insted and if so how much?
thanks x

Sorry but Phillie cheese, and this includes the extra light, can only be used as a HEB and then only on green and EE.

And the quantities are:
Original - 42g
Light - 57g
Extra Light - 85g

No, not as far as I know. There are no cheeses or dairy products as a hex b on EE.
EE
shes right :( :wave_cry:

ive listed for you
HEAs
Cheese
milk

HEBs
bread
soup
cereal
cereal bars
oil
tinned fruit

im not sure but i just checked on the website!

I not sure either, I have been having EL Philly on red since March and my SW C has never said a word on this and I have stuck in my diary sheets since then. I have had great loss and hasn't done me any bad.

Philx

My consultant has said and maintains that on EE you can have as you HEX's as an A from either Green or Original and a B from the B lists from Green or original.

So in that case I would say that Philly Ex Lite is acceptable as HEB under EE & Green

Michelle

me again...

having said what I just said I went online and checked out the on-line food diary and for EE it does not offer a cheese option..:sigh::sigh::confused::confused:.

Think I need to get clarification from my consultant.

Michell

It was definitely there are a HEB on EE about a month ago as I remember checking before answering a thread on phillie cheese. It seems strange to me that a product can have enough protein/fibre to qualify as a HEB on one plan but you cannot have it on another.

It was definitely there are a HEB on EE about a month ago as I remember checking before answering a thread on phillie cheese. It seems strange to me that a product can have enough protein/fibre to qualify as a HEB on one plan but you cannot have it on another.

TBH, I have never seen cheese as a hexb option on the online diary - well, not for the 11 weeks I've been doing SW!

Could it be due to the fact that you're allowed 2 of each on green, so the fact that it may not have as much fibre doesn't matter as much, whereas on EE you only get one b choice, so it needs to be pretty high-fibre?

As I was confused I emailed my consultant who replied with the following:-

"You can have HE b choice as if it was a green ....as cheese is a HE b on green then yes you can have cheese!!!!!"

Copied directly from the reply.

Am even more confused now...

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

me again

got this from Lifeline on-line:

As cheese is a Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice on Green days only, can it be chosen as the Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice on Extra Easy?

Cheese and nuts shouldn’t be used as a Healthy Extra ’b’ choice on the Extra Easy plan.
The aim of Healthy Extras is to ensure that you get all the vital nutrients, vitamins, minerals and fibre you need to enjoy a healthy balanced diet. Our Green plan made Food Optimising a truly fabulous option for vegetarians and those who prefer less meat. On Green days the Free Foods tend to be rich in complex carbohydrates and limited in protein. The protein and other nutrients come from the Healthy Extra choices of lean meat, fish and poultry. Cheese and nuts are also a source of protein and rich in certain vitamins and minerals (eg B vitamins, zinc, selenium and vitamin E) which are normally lacking in a low meat diet. And these are an additional option particularly for vegetarians and anyone who doesn’t wish to get their protein from meat or fish choices.
On the Original and Extra Easy eating plans, protein easily comes from Free lean meat and fish. So Healthy Extras tend to be rich in complex-carbohydrate and fibre. If nuts and cheese were allowed as a ‘b’ choice on the Original and Extra Easy plans, you could miss out on a vital fibre or complex carbohydrate choice.

Best send this to my consultant...

Meant to add the link for that info but Ben arrived home from school, so here it is.

I cannot enter the link as it keeps coming up wrong

Michelle

Last edited:
Back