Lighterlife

Hi

I am going to start lighter life next thursday and was looking for any info on it.

How much weight could i look to lose as i am 3 stone overweight and am going on holiday in 12 weeks time.

how hard is it to do this diet.

Any info gratefully received especially actual experiences.

Thanks

It depends on a lot of things... like I'm -assuming- from your name your a guy... and I have a feeling guys tend to lose quicker (*growls at you then winks*)

Average weighloss for a vlcd is around a stone a month... and it entirely possible to lose your 3 stone before heading off on holiday.

Is this an easy diet? Yes and No.
If your in the right mindframe then its pretty simple. You have your foodpacks, you dont have anything else... no fuss.
The first week can be hellish... with symptoms like headaches, light headedness, god-dam awful breath, nausea... I could go on... after that its gets easier physically - and most often people say they feel lots better than when they were eating conventionally.

HOWEVER... thats when the head takes over. You only eat the foodpacks, and eating anything else could knock you out of ketosis (fat burning mode - meaning you have to do the hellish first week again) ... its not like other diets where you can maybe stray a little here and there... if your going out for a meal, you can go but you cant eat... when your mates go down the pub... your on water... which isnt always easy.

Some days you wont feel like having yet another shake!

Theres also the group sessions side... which are great but can also bring up things you had sucessfully managed to hide away (or eat away)...

Its a great plan... and you'll be able to see some people here who have great sucesses with it. And its fast and effective too. But it is a totally different dieting experience..

As you are on here looking for all info you can find, I presume that when you say "start next Thursday" you mean you are going for your introduction session? You have to get a medical form signed by your doctor before you can actually get going, the person running it (your Counsellor or "LLC" for short on these boards) won't just give you your packs on the day you go to meet them for the intro session.

Here is my "usual" advice to anyone looking to start / new on the program:

LL is as hard or as easy as you make it.

Go into it fully accepting that you are going to be spending the next 3 months, MINIMUM, not eating anything other than your 4 shakes or soups every_single_day and you will fly through it. Go into it thinking it is "deprivation" to not be eating, and chances are you're not going to last long.

As randomgurl said, this is a 100%-or-nothing diet. Stick to it, and you can look forward to losses of 4lbs or more every single week. Stray even a little bit, and you can lose nothing and feel awful (physically and emotionally) for it. The diet works simply by having your body constantly "running on empty" and having to use the fat stores it has for energy as it recieves no energy from eating. If you put any energy (ie foodof ANY kind!) into it, the losses ain't gona happen.

It's not magic. You have to work really hard, and once the weight is gone then the REAL challenge begins to keep it off. But with LL's guidance and therapy (not as scary as it sounds, don't worry!) you can do it. So many people on these boards are proof of that!

So, it's sometimes a rough ride emotionally, you might feel left out of social situations not being allowed to eat or drink, and the first week can be quite tough physically. But it is SO worth it. You learn about your issues with food, how to deal with them and sort out your crooked thinking, and all the while you are dropping 1 stone every 4 weeks; start up soon, and you could be 3 stone lighter by Christmas. That's all the incentive I need to keep going! :)

Last edited:
thanks for your replies

i am going to my GP next Wednesday when i get onshore then LL on thursday ready to start i hope

i want to do the first week at home because i work offshore and will struggle to cope with the symptons if i was offshore

if i do it stringintely i hope to lose two stone before my hols anything else will be a bonus the problems then will be keeping it off once the incentive (holday) has gone

how do i make a chart showing my goals etc

not toogood on computers

Hi S_B, pretty much everything you need to know has been covered above.

Just remember LL is simply a means to an end, if you want to keep the weight off (and you WILL lose weight if you stick on plan) then you'll have to change the habits of a lifetime which can be a bigger challenge than the diet.

Good luck

Thing is - you have time to lose your weight for your holiday - but you will then go right into RTM, which is the most imporatnat part of the diet - the make it or break it stage. Are you prepared to folow through whilst on hols?

It is easy if you put your mind to it and remain positive. If you tell yourself its difficult, packs taste bad and make you sick, its boring, etc., then all those things will be true.

If you go into it with the right attitude, it can be the easiest diet ever.

Good luck! Keep in touch here and everyone will help out! Its a great place for support.

x

thanks for your comments

Thanks for your comments they are really encouraging especially having the thought that i could be down to a decent size for my holidays because i have been dreading going

i would really like a tracker but just had alook and am completely beat, is there an easy way to make one to track my weight lose or even somewhere i can copy one because me making one is more of a challenge than losing the weight:D

Hi sparkerboy,

Here is a link and it will show you step by step how to set up a tracker.

Just remember you need the bb code for here.

Also, remember to write down your pin for your tracker as you will need it when you go back to update it...when you update it on the tickerfactory site it will update here automatically.

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

If you need any help please ask...

Love Mini xxx

thanks very much

I tried and failed probably do the same with the diet because i hate not being able to do something!!

got as far as setting the thing up on the page but can't get it to my page and am now officially giving up ihate computers:wave_cry:

So you have your weight ticker done and you got the bb code from the tickerfactory site?

You then go to User CP on the Blue Bar on top of the page!

Click on it and then on the left side you will see 'edit signature'

Click on it and you will then see a post reply box...you paste your bb code into it...click preview signature and you will see if you have it there or not...

If it is not there go back to the ticker factory site and copy the bb code again....

When you have it in your signature box which looks the same as the reply box...you hit save.

Your signature will appear in all your new posts!

It takes a bit of time to learn because this is new to you...you can do it!

I will help you along if you get stuck.

really don't know

tried to follow instructions got the bbcode copied and pasted into the signature box saved signature but nothing

really getting fed up now so i am going to leave it

thanks for trying its not easy when someone is as stupid as me

tried to follow instructions got the bbcode copied and pasted into the signature box saved signature but nothing

really getting fed up now so i am going to leave it

thanks for trying its not easy when someone is as stupid as me

Ahem. Looks like ya got a ticker in yer signature :D

Don;t be too hard on yourself now! :)

I can see your ticker............................... you did it.

:happy096:

I tried and failed probably do the same with the diet because i hate not being able to do something!!

got as far as setting the thing up on the page but can't get it to my page and am now officially giving up ihate computers:wave_cry:

No failures here my boy! You succeeded!!!

Part of the LL journey will help you adopt a positive approach and reject thoughts of failure and giving up. Enjoy the journey you are starting :).

No failures here my boy! You succeeded!!!

Part of the LL journey will help you adopt a positive approach and reject thoughts of failure and giving up. Enjoy the journey you are starting :).

I am no good at computers - sorry for the moaning

Thin inside that is one hell of a weight loss WELL DONE that's amazing I hope I can do it - is it really hard to do?

I am due on holiday in January and am not looking forward to it because i am three stone overweight and would love to lose two in the next 12 weeks more would be a bonus

Thank you Sparkerboy.

It's perfectly easy to do - if YOU want to do it for yourself.

Believe in yourself and focus on what you want to achieve. Hold that in mind every time you feel tempted.

Set small achievable targets along the way so every couple of weeks you have hit a new one. That's very motivating.

Find a way of coping with temptation - baths, walks, popping on here and reading some of the inspirational journeys, making something etc etc . Keep yourself busy.

You'll do fine! Most of all Believe in yourself and your ability. You CAN do this!

xx

Setting targets

Set myself the targets on my signature - can only hope they are achievable

Thank you Sparkerboy.

It's perfectly easy to do - if YOU want to do it for yourself.

Believe in yourself and focus on what you want to achieve. Hold that in mind every time you feel tempted.

Set small achievable targets along the way so every couple of weeks you have hit a new one. That's very motivating.

Find a way of coping with temptation - baths, walks, popping on here and reading some of the inspirational journeys, making something etc etc . Keep yourself busy.

You'll do fine! Most of all Believe in yourself and your ability. You CAN do this!

xx

My targets - are they achievable??????????

HELP

I have posted targets on my signature page and was wondering if they are really achievable because I don't want to get down hearted by not being able to reach these goals as I go along

Please advise if they are too ambitious

Thanks

Back