Likes... (a little tantrum...)

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
Tell me... while perhaps it's a nice easy thing to do to click on "like" when we agree with another poster's post - and it saves us saying anything of course - does it IRRITATE anyone as much as me to have to then get rid of the darned notifications endlessly, OR miss out on seeing one's Personal Messages?

Perhaps if enough of us get kissed off by this, the powers that be on the site could work out a way of notifying them to us elsewhere? (Or not at all?)

Meanwhile, please do not like anything I say... ever... haaaaa! Stamp your foot if you agree! but DON'T like it!

I use the thanks button if I remember.

But, I'm a dunce when it comes to all things technical and new things scare me, so I won't be using it or even trying to understand the point of it!;)

Haha, Manda, you wee tike!

(Edit - where's your likes thing gone?)

I dont understand why there needs to be like as well as thanks.

I HATE SOCIAL PLUGINS. And like to keep things separate (hence ive disabled my facebook account).

Sorry can't resist to see whether it works - maybe it's in our options to NOT be told about the darned things! I've missed PMs before because of them!

Ok, thanks it is for Jo then! I have no idea what the 'like' does and have definitely not linked my FB account. Was it explained somewhere? The option just appeared...

Hmm I've had a look around. You can enable and disable e-mail notifications and pop-ups for PMs but not for lieks - but I'm not getting e-mail or pop-ups for Likes - so no problem. I see that I have 'x new notifications' but I know *those* are not PMs? Sending you a PM to test.

That time, your PM popped up on me. I think here at work pop ups are normally blocked... then I'd just see them in notifications. However, I can't see notifications at the moment either. Have they gone away? Ooo I hope so!

Back