lipotrim

Hang in there, can I suggest you stay away from your scales.
Im on day 6 and have to say this is the eeasiest diet I have ever done, Im not saying it should be easy for everyone, but I am so focused at the moment, I think that is why it feels easy.
Keep strong and take one day at a time. Thers plenty of support on this site,I have logged in every day and just read thru peoples posts and that has helped me.

xxxx

That sucks but, like you say, you know it works!

Stick with it

xx

Seriously, stay away from the scales. Go only by your official WI.

Like RB said stay away from the scales!
This forum is the best ever for support - stick with us and you will be fine x

Well that's why we're all sticking with the diet, it's fab if a little hard to take at first. You'll get there, just got to keep yourself focused on what it is you really want. Also, you're lucky as you won't be on it for long. I'm stuck on shakes 'til December! lol

hi RB
will you be doing the shakes until then?
after the first week i did it i thought woooo how hard was that i think thats why i didnt stick to it for the last three weeks. although i wish i had!
ive just made a vanilla shake and added extra water to make two mug fulls. feels like ive got more to drink :)

I will (if my pharmacy lets me) be on the shakes until the 18th Dec, yeah. I'm intending to go all the way down via TFR though whereas a lot of people on here will be happy to get to a BMI of under 25 and do the rest themselves - hence why I'll be on it for ages.

We always say the same thing to newbies, the first week is the hardest to get through but it does get sooooo much easier after that. You know that you can do it as you got through a week last time, so that is not an issue. Your issue is going to be to stick at it throughout the second week and beyond rather than by rewarding yourself with food for doing so well your first week.

Week 1 - the toughest by far. You're dealing with being hungry as your body is not yet using it's reserves of fat and you're also not in ketosis yet. This is a very difficult time where hunger is a big issue.

Week 2 - you should have the euphoria of a great first WI to get you through the second week. By now you are in ketosis and therefore not feeling so rough but you will also still have an attachment to food, possibly for comfort. This week can also be found difficult as you are not really hungry but suffering from 'head hunger'.

Week 3 - they say it takes 21 days to break a habit, right? So by the end of week 3 you should be finding that you're depending less and less on food for comfort and learning to deal with issues in a less fattening manner. Also you should be fully and firmly in ketosis. You may still find that you're wanting to chew something but this passes quicker than in weeks 1 & 2.

Week 4 - if nothing else the fact that you have lasted so long should be enough to get you through this week. By now you should no longer be feeling hungry, you should be experiencing more energy and a general feeling of well-being. You've done fantastically well to get this far and that is what will push you forward - you've come too far to let all of this hard work go to waste!

Okay, so all in all that was a bit of a ramble but I'm just trying to show what people generally go through week by week. Obviously (just to cover my bum lol) everyone is different and some don't experience the same things that I've just written out, but I based them on my personal experience mostly which seems to be the general way of feeling throughout the first four weeks.

I'm going to shut up now as I've written an essay but I hope this helps you at least a little to show that each week you keep focused and make it through it gets easier and easier sweetie. Also, routine is the key. Develop a routine involving your shakes and try to stick to it.

Hope this makes at least a little sense...

~Gem xx

thanks for that Gem
its helped me see it in another way. your right after my good weight loss the first week i think i got a bit big headed and did reward myself with food. and then i made excuses of why i couldnt stick to the diet i.e seeing friends and going out etc. ive just seen that my shakes run out on wednesday as they were the ones i had from last time. so ill go to the pharmacy wednesday morning to get my new batch and see if ive lost any weight even if i loose a pound id be so chuffed

Sounds like a plan to me, chick ;)

Exactly, any loss is a good loss. I think us Lipotrimmers sometimes get a little greedy and get upset if we lose less than 3lb but in the end the only bad WI comes with a weight gain, so as long as we continue to lose, however small the amount, we're doing great! :)

Well you know what mistake you made last time and therefore know to avoid it this time. As for social functions, people deal with them in different ways. Me, I've become a bit of a social hermit, avoiding gatherings and parties. Others however have been to all sorts of events including weddings and barbeques and have stuck to their water all night. The next day they have felt fantastic for it, both in knowing that they resisted what would have once been irresistible and also in knowing that everyone around them was suffering a sore head from excessive alcohol consumption whilst they felt fresh as a daisy! :) x

I can't add any thing more to the great post from Gem.
Hang in there :) and step away from the scales in the meantime!!! ;)
x

I remember going to my second WW meeting - when I got weighed the woman looked at me in absolute horror as I had only lost 2lbs!!:rolleyes:
I was actually really pleased and thought I had done well but obviously she did not agree - needless to say I never went back that kind of attitude and lack of support you can do without.
I am so glad I started LT for me its the best diet ever - no other can compare :)x

by this time of the day i was starting to stuff my face but becuase people have posted their comments and encouragement its really helped me as long as i get through today i know ill be ok and deal with the weekend when it comes.
my goal is to loose as much as i can before the 19th of september its when i go on holiday.
even if i lost 9 pounds i think id be so chuffed and im sure i can loose it within these next two weeks or so. its seeing single figures that i know will make me so happy.

if i dont loose 8 pounds like i did the last time im going to try not to be gutted becuase i know you dont always get great losses like that every week (if only eh!)

but i feel so so motivated more so than i have done in ages :)

dont go too much by your scales mine said i had gained but went to chemist and lost 9,5lbs so dont worry hun you will lose!

thats fantastic loosing that much :)
im going to keep my will power going and just get weighed at the chemist. as long as i feel like im loosing weight i should be ok. every now and again i feel bloated but hopefully in a few days ill be ok. its my body getting used to drinking lots of water which i hardly do

Back