List of allowed foods?

louiser

Trying very hard!
Hi,

I just wondered if anyone could help me with the newest list of allowed foods with CD, I know I've seen it on here somewhere but I can't find it!

Thank you x

SS + options - updated 11.5.11 The current guidelines for Step 1 Sole Source Plus per day are:

Option A:

Four (4) Cambridge Weight Plan products PLUS 200 mls skimmed milk (this is the same regardless of height or gender)

OR

Option B:

Three (3) Cambridge Weight Plan products PLUS one Sole Source Plus meal including one portion of protein and two (15ml/15g tablespoons of any cooked or raw vegetables chosen from the lists below:

PROTEIN (choose one of the following cooked in a healthy way)

170 g Chicken or turkey (skinless)
230 g Cod haddock or other white fish
250 g Steamed Tofu
200 g Quorn eg mince, pieces
180 g Tinned tuna (in water)
230 g Prawns
225 g Cottage cheese, plain, reduced fat (less than 2% fat)
2 large eggs

(All uncooked weights)

VEGETABLES/SALADS (cooked or raw)

Asparagus
Kale
Broccoli
Lettuce
Cabbage (even pickled)
Marrow
Mushrooms
Cauliflower
Pac choi
Celeriac
Red radishes
Spinach
Celery
Watercress
Chinese cabbage
Courgettes
Cucumber
Fennel
Green salad leaves (inc. lettuce, lamb's lettuce, radicchio, little gem, rocket and romaine)

You can add herbs and spices such as curry or chilli powder, coriander, pepper, chives and parsley, but don't add any salt to your SS+ meal.

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...tion/210707-ss-options-updated-11-5-11-a.html

I think the old rules if you were under 5' 8" was 3 CD packs + milk.

Not really sure as it is a long time since I did CD myself... so it would be best to run it past your Counsellor.

those lists have changed. veg is now 80g, and some of the protein weights have changed. prawns are now given as a much lower cooked weight.

image-4197121462.jpg

Have attached the newest version for you as spangles has said some things have changed, hope you can read it

Thank you! Thats a great help,

I wonder why Quark isn't on the list, it reads like its a lot lower in everything than cottage cheese,

Oh, there are all manner of anomalies around what you can and can't eat on Cambridge. :D

Probably best not to try to make it make sense. :D

Until recently, there were no eggs and no prawns on that list. Things have improved greatly!

I like to imagine there's a bunch of folks sitting in a room in Cambridge Head Office running constant experiments on themselves to figure out what's best for us to eat. :8855:

I know, as a veggie the eggs make a huge difference. First time round ss+ was only 3tbsp of veg & mushrooms weren't included. Haha, amusing thought about the testing process

also - the difference between ss+ and 810 gets a bit weird around the subject of eggs...

also - the difference between ss+ and 810 gets a bit weird around the subject of eggs...

Doesn't it just. I'm sure I remember that when they first said we could have eggs, it was 2 medium eggs for SS+ and 2 large eggs for 810. Now that would make more sense.

But now it's 2 large eggs on both, isn't it? :confused:

Oh so my booklet from when I joined in Dec is already out of date lol

So I can up the veg from 30g to 80g when I start SS+ next Tuesday - yay!

Yes - they've updated the book again. It looks exactly the same at first glance, but they've changed the food lists.

And I was right about it originally being 2 medium eggs for SS+.

Found a post dating back to August 2010: http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...w-many-eggs-you-can-eat-week.html#post2778959

Wonder if it's a mistake that someone forgot to put right. Wouldn't be the first time. They left mushrooms out of the veg list for years. :D

yup - according to the book now the eggs portion is identical for ss+ and 810. but even the difference between large and medium doesn't seem big enough.

i suspect my perspective on this matter is skewed by the fact that i really want a 3 egg omlette on 810. i love eggs. i'm going to get sooooo bunged up on step 2!

Back