Little syn help please!

hastalavegan

Silver Member
I'm staying at my nans for a few days and although I've told her I'm doing SW, she's bought be some processed foods that I don't know the syn value of.

Does anyone know the syn value in the Indian Daal veg pot and of Goodlife spicy bean burgers?

Thanks!

Processed food is usually high in syns unfortunately, not sure what the syns are of those foods but hopefully someone here can help you out.

The only thing I could find on SW online is this;

asic/Non Branded Foods Bean burgers, grilled 113g average

6 Syns on Extra Easy Original 12½ Syns Green 6 Syns

These aren't the spicy ones though - there was nothing for that. If you know the nutritional values I can always run these through the calculator for you :)

Processed food is usually high in syns unfortunately, not sure what the syns are of those foods but hopefully someone here can help you out.

I know :( we're going shopping on Tuesday so I'll make sure we only get fresh stuff for me to eat. I haven't had any syns today so I'm hoping if I have veg pot or a burger tonight that it won't put me over!

The only thing I could find on SW online is this;

asic/Non Branded Foods Bean burgers, grilled 113g average

6 Syns on Extra Easy Original 12½ Syns Green 6 Syns

These aren't the spicy ones though - there was nothing for that. If you know the nutritional values I can always run these through the calculator for you :)

Ah thank you! Just popped out and wrote the nutritional values down...

Bean Burgers

Per burger:
Energy - 1044 kj (250 kcal)
Protein - 7.1g
Carb - 26.8g
Fat - 12.7g
Fibre - 8.6g

and the veg pot

Energy - 1353kj (323kcal)
Protein - 15.6g
Carb - 41.7g
Fat - 10.3g
Fibre - 17.6g

Hope that's all you need, and thanks! :)

To work it out we need to know how much the burger weighs and the main ingredients.

And for the veg pot are these values per 100g, and again what are the main ingredients?

To work it out we need to know how much the burger weighs and the main ingredients.

And for the veg pot are these values per 100g, and again what are the main ingredients?

ah sorry, total newbie to this.

Burgers are 113g and the main ingredients are: wholemeal breadcrumbs, kidney and aduki beans and onions

I gave you the values for the entire veg pot which is 400g and the main ingredients are carrot, potato, lentil, chickpea and spinach.

Can't wait to sign up and make use of this syn calculator myself lol.

Well the burgers worked out as 12.5 syns without a free food allowance. If I include an allowance for the beans then it is 6 syns a burger.

And the veg pot came out as 8.5 syns with a free food allowance for the carrots.

Hope that helps a little

That's really helpful thank you! I'll stick to one burger instead of two and I'll be fine with my syns. Yay!

Back