Living with a special needs angel

Lemai

Silver Member
I have two beautiful girls.

Ebbi - cavalier king charles spaniel - 7years old
And
Sadie - chiweenie - 6yrs old

Sadie, my beautiful girl, we adopted her when I lived in Arizona in 2010. She flew home to Irl with us last year and loves it here. Cooler climate, no more heat ;)
she is very sweet and loving especially with our princess Ebbi, who has syringomyelia or SM . Basically, her brain is too big for her lovely little head, and it therefore causes pressure and pain around the neck and shoulders and also under her front legs. Thankfully, Ebbi has not developed any spinal cysts so she has a very mild case of SM. She has had a couple of seizures because of the pressure affecting different parts of her brain, and was on medication temporarily. We are blessed to not have to have her on full time medication for pain as most of the time she is as busy as a bee... And catching bees! Oh how she loves summer days.
She is a little bit silly and ditzy though because of the affects of her condition. Sadie minds her every step of the way. It is the most lovely thing to watch, and I get overwhelmed with happiness when i see the two of them pottering around together. Ebbi no longer has a bed of her own, Sadie moves in beside her to mind her, so we ditched the one bed and got them a massive bed to share and snuggle in.

It is sad to know that Ebbi was brought into this world by breeders who had very little regard to what the over breeding of ckcs can do to a litter.
But i thank who ever i can up there for having ebbi in my life, and for the wonderful sister Sadie she has to mind her whenever she needs it.
No moment goes passed unnoticed and we live life to the fullest, because we never know what tomorrow will bring for her.

Does anyone else have a special needs dog in their lives???

Oh how sad for your beautiful girl. I get so angry with stupid breeders! It is lovely she has her sister and you to take care of her and to love her.

Back