LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

On reflection today was probably the worst day.. Yesterday i had 2 toast for breakfast. lunch 2 slices ham with 2 rice cakes. Tea, trout, rice peas. snack cherries

I don't think it's a bad day when ur under 10 syns - and more importantly - nor will the scales!!

Thank you :) I have lots of things to do and prove in the next few months, but I've made a start!

Well I bought some mangos from asda, 3 for £1.75 which is good! I left them in the fridge for a day or 2. They did say ready to eat.. But I thought I'd leave them a little while. I usually give them a squeeze if they feel soft then I'll eat them, I don't like it when they are a bit hard still. They are slippery little things to cut. I peel them with a potato peeler, then chop one side as close to the seed as I can. Then turn it over so it's got a flat side and cut along the other side. Still messy and slimy business lol but I love mango I think it's my favourite fruit.. Well it's up there with black grapes and banana!

Oh dear.. I hate it when they don't describe things properly on menus. Especially these days when most people have allergies/intolerances for things. You did well to leave some! I'd like to think one day and one meal with maybe some hidden syns wouldn't cause damage on the scales. You are definitely on a roll now, I was just looking a t your stats 1st 5lbs is great! The rate you have been going the last week you will be down to the 10s in a few weeks! Exciting times ahead :)

Thanks for the online mango demo - praps u cd go on youtube for me lol - I'll try that!

oooh Upndown your lunch sounded delcious!! Im a bit embarrased about my food at present as the foremost criteria is not to eat fat because of the orlistat so at times it doesnt match SW. For example today, breakfast 2 sluces of toast ,one with laughing cow very light and one with flora lighter than light barely scraped on. Lunch ham sandwich. Tea 3 bowls of broccoli soup with 2 slces of bread and I will have a piece of fruit later (grapes or melon). Therefore 6 slices of brown bread from small loaf loaf chosen for lowest fat value per slice.

Are you having to eat a lower fat diet than sw? As I find sw very low in fat, it's only really the syns that I have the most fat. I love SW lol

I always forget about laughing cow cheese. I must remember to buy some. Would be nice on ryvitas!

Your broccoli soup sounds good, especially if you arent that keen on broccoli lol

LJ - I've had a few more thoughts on SW principles - not really enlightening but as u asked.....

1. To eat only as much as we need to feel satisfied - on the basis that SW didn't want to be prescriptive on portion size for at least 2 reasons:

(i) that a 20 stone person will require a higher daily intake than a person half their size.
(ii) SW was devised to avoid the tedious weighing, measuring and counting every bite we eat.

I may have mentioned my prob b4 - that when I eat I don't feel satisfied until I have had a hot drink - then I usually feel full - so that's one that comes over time I guess - don't know if everyone feels the same?

2. In order to reduce the calories without counting - SW created different food 'groups' as we're familiar with:

Speed, Superspeed, Healthy Extras, Syns with 'sub groups' fibre - f & ff, calcium - c & cc, healthy - h & hh.

All cleverly designed to reduce calorie intake (as LJ has discovered via her new 'toy'!) whilst ensuring that members eat healthily and get all the nutrients they need.

Having typed that I'm going to check the book and see whether I'm getting my fair share of f, h and c!

I have a similar problem, I don't feel satisfied unless I'm full.. Like I feel full which means I've probably eaten to much! I am learning to have smaller portions and getting used to the feeling of being satisfied without being stuffed.

how did you do with your f, h and c etc? I think I will check out some super speed foods and try and add more of those into my meals.

yes I agree SW is low fat. In fact it is from Sw that I got the idea for using frylight and a lot of good recipes. Maybe eggs are a difference. Now I understand from a post on another thread that eggs can be eaten while on orlistat but as I take a statin as well I tend to avoid them. I used to love the SW quiche but that has quite a high egg content. I think really Im feeling my way with these things. Next week I am also going to have the problem of...... what is in this house I can eat? lol

LJ has suggested I might be lacking vitamin B12. I do feel tired and lacking energy. Just been reading and think this might be what's wrong, so I will get some tomorrow! It's in red meat and I don't really eat much of that and in certain veg and I have been eating mostly salad lately, I feel better after salad than veg. I will see if the vitamins help!

yes I agree SW is low fat. In fact it is from Sw that I got the idea for using frylight and a lot of good recipes. Maybe eggs are a difference. Now I understand from a post on another thread that eggs can be eaten while on orlistat but as I take a statin as well I tend to avoid them. I used to love the SW quiche but that has quite a high egg content. I think really Im feeling my way with these things. Next week I am also going to have the problem of...... what is in this house I can eat? lol

I love eggs. You may not have seen my food diary for last week of maybe the week before. I went a bit egg crazy haha haven't had any this week. I still need to try the quiche.

Yes it is a good diet to adapt to different needs. So many ideas out there for recipes and normal recipes can usually be adapted.

Yeh that will be a challenge lol your doing very well to stick with it all and exercise while you have all this going on!

I really do appreciate the kindness and support that I have found on this thread. yes.... next week I might be trying to eat the plate lol.....

I really do appreciate the kindness and support that I have found on this thread. yes.... next week I might be trying to eat the plate lol.....

Yes it's a lovely, funny, informative, supportive thread - a comfort zone eh?!

I have a similar problem, I don't feel satisfied unless I'm full.. Like I feel full which means I've probably eaten to much! I am learning to have smaller portions and getting used to the feeling of being satisfied without being stuffed.

how did you do with your f, h and c etc? I think I will check out some super speed foods and try and add more of those into my meals.

Haven't finished that exercise cos one of my sons rang - then spoke to his wife - off to bed now - but will resume in the morning and let u know - have a feeling I won't get top marks - more a case of can do better!

Good morning All. Well I have been wide awake since 4a.m. and Im giving up even trying to go back to sleep now. I think it is everything to do with selling and buying houses that is playing n my mind. Well Im going to get up shortly and sort out clothes for the charity shop and then take them in n my way to swimming. I hope everyone has slept well and has a good day.

Good morning All. Well I have been wide awake since 4a.m. and Im giving up even trying to go back to sleep now. I think it is everything to do with selling and buying houses that is playing n my mind. Well Im going to get up shortly and sort out clothes for the charity shop and then take them in n my way to swimming. I hope everyone has slept well and has a good day.

morning early bird - I'm the same when I have a lot on my mind but the swim shd be relaxation in one sense altho' I know it's hard work! Do u find that the regular exercise helps u to keep on track with ur eating? I ask cos I find I don't want to spoil the effect of that by overeating!

Hope u have an easy day - the weather here is dark, dull and v windy so no walk for me then!

Here's to a good day for us all - hup 2, 3, 4

Hello upndown. The swimming gives me an even bigger appetite usually but at the moment I seem to have a strange attitude to food and Im not eating very much and in fact not wanting to. Have a great day.

Hello upndown. The swimming gives me an even bigger appetite usually but at the moment I seem to have a strange attitude to food and Im not eating very much and in fact not wanting to. Have a great day.

Yes I know what u mean that happens to me sometimes but not often enough eh?

Morning all - hope everyone has a good day - hope fat2go ur ok??

Back