LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Ooh ooh ooh! Stop the press people! I have just discovered the best thing since joining SW!

Cake in a mug and for only 2 syns... It's amazing! It's the texture of cake and just wow.

All you need is...

a packet of highlights hot choc, your choice of flavour. I just used caramel. (Syns depend on flavour)
1 egg
4 tsp of sweetener
a mug!

mix it all together, pop in the microwave for 2 mins.. And voila! Cake!!

Hmm if someone could tell me how to put a pic in here I'll upload it for you :)

Ah ha!i think I did it..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    651.2 KB · Views: 28
Sorry not the best picture in the world lol I was so excited to try it.. You may notice the nibble marks hehehe

Hi everyone - I've just caught up on everyone's posts - all v interesting will try to remember all the good ideas!

i hope Jules is having a good first week - WI will be coming up - good luck!

LJyour food plans seem exemplary u deserve a really good WI! Sorry can't have CJ's cake - but cdn't u experiment with say less egg and add say blueberries (I use thawed frozen berries) and add vanilla essence or lemon juice/grated rind? u seem to be much better cook than me so I'm sure u cd come up with a good substitute!

Reg yoga for people with arthritis - all the classes I've been to have checked people's health/problems on joining and adapted problem positions for them - I just googled this issue and I found a fair bit inc an interesting Daily Mail article came up stating yoga can improve arthritic conditions - might be worth a peep? I know my spine and limbs feel stiff when I don't do a bit each week!

Cj - really love the cake in a up idea - if I bake a large cake - guess where most it goes lol! That's if it comes out right!

Well so u'v started the 'leaving a bit on the side club' hope I'll be a full blown member v soon.

Fat2go hope ur keepin up the good work on ur late shifts.

Yes home now but appetite still not returned but trying to eat sensibly not resort to choc (which hasn't lost its appeal)

Today I made a chicken, bacon and salad sarnie (he b) and had half for lunch and rest for tea fruit for snacks and water and fruit tea - hoping it wil show at WI

Good luck everyone for this wk's weigh in!

Ah ha!i think I did it..
Well done on posting the pic - will try that recipe v soon and the Tom soup too.

Well done on posting the pic - will try that recipe v soon and the Tom soup too.

I can highly recommend it! Cake.. Hehe I feel smug that I've had cake!

My soup mug arrived today! So my tomato soup is sitting in there in the fridge waiting to come to work for lunch tomorrow! :) I am trying to avoid wheat as it doesn't really agree with me,I get all bloated and urgh. So I will take some fruit and yogurt to snack on if I get peckish after my soup.

I hope your appetite returns soon, you've got all these yummy things to try! When is your WI?

Yoga always looks nice and relaxing not sure I'm bendy enough for it lol Maybe me and LJ could try a class when she's here :)

Yes I like a bit a yoga - looking at me you wouldn't guess that at all - u can take it very slowly but I'm always surprised at how quickly the suppleness (is that a real word?) comes back when I've not done any for a while. I'm stopping there or else I'll sound like a yoga paragon of virtue which I really am NOT!

my weigh in day is the same as u and ur Mum's - so 2moro is the day!! Good luck for urs - off to bed now - really tired!

Good morning my chubby friends. How are you all doing? This dark, rainy weather is a bit depressing is't it? I am not going to let it get to me. I have most of today off so that is something to be happy about. I am going to do some cooking, so that will be fun. I have lots of people here to discuss my SW journey with too. What more could i want? Hmm well, a nice loss tonight will be good but I am determined not to let it trip me up like last week if it is not the result I hope for. I know I have been 100% on plan all week. I am only two pounds off my club 10 award and my 1.5st award too. It's in my sights!

Good luck to the Wednesday weighers. Looking forward to hearing your results!

Fat2go, keep your chin up, chuck, and keep us posted.

Good morning my chubby friends. How are you all doing? This dark, rainy weather is a bit depressing is't it? I am not going to let it get to me. I have most of today off so that is something to be happy about. I am going to do some cooking, so that will be fun. I have lots of people here to discuss my SW journey with too. What more could i want? Hmm well, a nice loss tonight will be good but I am determined not to let it trip me up like last week if it is not the result I hope for. I know I have been 100% on plan all week. I am only two pounds off my club 10 award and my 1.5st award too. It's in my sights!

Good luck to the Wednesday weighers. Looking forward to hearing your results!

Fat2go, keep your chin up, chuck, and keep us posted.

hi all - yes LJ the weather is rubbish and usually makes me want to eat more somehow - does it affect others like that I
wonder?

Good luck CJ and LJ WI tonight!

I weighed in at 11st 12.5lbs so that's 3.5 lbs off this week which is great but down to my lack of appetite but wondering what's going to happen when appetite comes back (probably with a vengeance!)

Any advice on how to handle eating plan this week wd be v welcome!

Jules when is ur WI?

Hello ladies, hope you don't mind me tagging along. Seems like january is a crappy time of year for us all in one way or another! Onwards and downwards eh?!

Hi bug face - how has ur week gone? Hope all is well and the scales bring good news - if not keep posting and u'll get the support ur after!

CJ32- That cake looks yummy :) I am not very bendy either, I did do a yoga class last year but only went a few time-the class was good you just do what you could.

Upndown-I went wayyyy over my syns yesterday but am back on it today and just hope I haven't mucked things up totally!Your sandwich sounds yummy :) Well done on the weight loss.

Good luck to all those who WI today.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon. xxx

CJ32- That cake looks yummy :) I am not very bendy either, I did do a yoga class last year but only went a few time-the class was good you just do what you could.

Upndown-I went wayyyy over my syns yesterday but am back on it today and just hope I haven't mucked things up totally!Your sandwich sounds yummy :) Well done on the weight loss.

Good luck to all those who WI today.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon. xxx

thx and well done for getting back on plan - it's a danger point when I start to go off track - how come it's so easy to fall off the wagon yet soon tough to get back on?

Thank you, yep didnt want 1 eve to lead to one day to then a whole bad week etc but I am back on track :)

Well done upndown. That is a phenomenal loss! You clever girl!

Jules, well done to you too for getting back on track. That's the way to succeed. We fall down, we pick ourselves up, we walk a little further along our path.

I have had some time off today. I was good and instead of wasting the time away I sat with my SW recipe books and a notebook and wrote a menu for a green week. Going to make it also a vegetarian week. They say changing up your food helps the weight loss. I was a vegetarian for a ten year spell way back and still enjoy veggie food so decided to try that. I am excited that you get 2 HexBs on green days. I will explain my plan for the week. It starts today!

Breakfasts: muller Light and fruit
Lunches: homemade soup, 60g homemade bread, fruit if i want it
Evening snacks: another Muller light and 35g of muesli if I feel peckish

Dinners: In no particular order. I decided on 7 meals.

SW 'fried' eggs, baked beans, low fat oven chips
Cauliflower, sweet potato and lentil curry with rice - from an existing recipe i had before SW
Cheese and mushroom omelet with beans or peas or some other veg
Fat2go's sweet and sour sauce with veggies in and rice
Roasted Veg with Cheese - Minimins recipe. Might have bread or rice with it or follow with muesli and yogurt
Sri Lankan Tamarind and Coconut Dahl - SW Taste of Asia book
Moroccan Veg Tagine with pasta - from the SW Family Feasts book

I will be able to freeze the leftovers for use another day. I think I will make the curry, dahl and tagine at the weekend so save time on work nights. The rest I will make on the nights I want to eat it.

After writing my menu I made a shopping list and off I went to Sainsburys to get what I needed. So I am all set now. Fridge full of the ingredients I need. I also sorted out my freezer. Moved all the meat based frozen meals into the bottom drawer and made space for my new veggie meals.

Look like you are going to have lots of yummy dinners. xxx

Well done upndown. That is a phenomenal loss! You clever girl!

Jules, well done to you too for getting back on track. That's the way to succeed. We fall down, we pick ourselves up, we walk a little further along our path.

I have had some time off today. I was good and instead of wasting the time away I sat with my SW recipe books and a notebook and wrote a menu for a green week. Going to make it also a vegetarian week. They say changing up your food helps the weight loss. I was a vegetarian for a ten year spell way back and still enjoy veggie food so decided to try that. I am excited that you get 2 HexBs on green days. I will explain my plan for the week. It starts today!

Breakfasts: muller Light and fruit
Lunches: homemade soup, 60g homemade bread, fruit if i want it
Evening snacks: another Muller light and 35g of muesli if I feel peckish

Dinners: In no particular order. I decided on 7 meals.

SW 'fried' eggs, baked beans, low fat oven chips
Cauliflower, sweet potato and lentil curry with rice - from an existing recipe i had before SW
Cheese and mushroom omelet with beans or peas or some other veg
Fat2go's sweet and sour sauce with veggies in and rice
Roasted Veg with Cheese - Minimins recipe. Might have bread or rice with it or follow with muesli and yogurt
Sri Lankan Tamarind and Coconut Dahl - SW Taste of Asia book
Moroccan Veg Tagine with pasta - from the SW Family Feasts book

I will be able to freeze the leftovers for use another day. I think I will make the curry, dahl and tagine at the weekend so save time on work nights. The rest I will make on the nights I want to eat it.

After writing my menu I made a shopping list and off I went to Sainsburys to get what I needed. So I am all set now. Fridge full of the ingredients I need. I also sorted out my freezer. Moved all the meat based frozen meals into the bottom drawer and made space for my new veggie meals.

Well done on ur planning and shopping mission! You must feel virtuous!

I agree that having a change with food is a good idea - for me at least - if only to stop myself from getting too familiar with the plans (it can get risky for me, by eating bigger portions and more (hidden) Syns and generally getting further away from plan)

let us know how ur WI goes - u shd do well - u'v had a gd week.

Back