LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

omg that is making my mouth water lol that looks really good!! Do you cook eggs in the actifryer to?? I'm jealous I want one lol

Nope, eggs are dry fried in a good frying pan. The egg is broke cos I dropped the camera on it :D

Upndown, I know that CJ will agree with me that Rosemary Conley's recipes are nice. We did the RC diet years ago. There was one fav recipe I recall that was chicken kebabs basted with a mix of tomato sauce and brown sauce. I probably have a RC cookbook in my cupboard somewhere. Was the chilli syn free? Did it taste good? I would be interested to try it.

Hi and yes it was syn free - soften onion and garlic cloves - I make my own Frylight - about half oil half water - then add very lean minced beef + cook till browned - add chopped red pepper, tin toms, red kidney beans, passata and tom puree, add a beef stock cube I used some dried chillies and chilli powder, fresh thyme (cos it's in garden but dried wd do wdn't it?) then season to taste. Hubby and I loved it!

Upndown yes RC has some good recipes and yes LJ the kebabs were good! I will have to have a look what recipes she has for inspiration.

So tonight my sister wanted take away, so I am getting.... Wait for it... 2 plain jacket potatoes delivered tee hee hee then I'll add my own beans on the side I bought some cottage cheese with pineapple and I have lots of lovely salad to go with it. I'm very hungry today... I think last nights alcohol was to blame lol

i had to have an afternoon snack of scrambled egg! Lol

oh well, I bought myself a tiny Lindt bunny... It's only 10g and only 2.7 syns hehe

Thanks. I will try it soon.
When I move back to Mum's I have a plan to grow herbs in the garden. She has already agreed to that. I like cooking with herbs but they are so expensive to buy fresh.
That reminds me, I haven't crossed today off on my chart yet. Lemme see. How many days now? 183. That is down from 212 when I first got back here.

oh well, I bought myself a tiny Lindt bunny... It's only 10g and only 2.7 syns hehe

Might treat myself to a finger of fudge - or maybe a Curly Wurly ...not yet though lol, too full from dinner

*sob* I love chocolate but am allergic...

So,you're not going to be able to eat the brownies I make, which I've become an expert at, which are hugely synned but I may well have one when I deserve a super treat lol

Very good CJ. You are so strong willed. I don't know where you get that from. LOL
Actually, I am a determined person when I get a mind to do something but when it comes to self discipline around food, CJ wins hands down.

Lol! Yes strangely I do have a lot of will power when i put my mind to it.

Chocolate brownies.... Warm ones.. Oooh! Although I am stuffed now. I left some though.. Although I think that was more my eyes being bigger than my belly and dishing up to much lol!

Chocolate brownies.... Warm ones.. Oooh! Although I am stuffed now. I left some though.. Although I think that was more my eyes being bigger than my belly and dishing up to much lol!

How about this for an idea for portion control?
Find a dish that, when you fill it with salad, it is just the right amount.

That is the same principle I use when measuring my batch cooked dishes into freezer containers. If I didn't I would put too much in each.

What am I doing awake at 7am on a Sunday morning? Well.... I am perusing Minimins of course!

I think I will do some housework this morning and then have a relaxing afternoon before it all starts again tomorrow. Probably play a game on my PC or watch a film or two on Netflix. Housework doesn't take long when you live in a tiny one bed flat. It will be quite different after I move. There is so much to sort out at my mother's that it will occupy many many hours of my time. She is quite a hoarder.... :-/ Years of accumulation of 'stuff'. Goodness knows where I will store my own belongings until I manage to make space for it. It's a good thing I am not a hoarder too! My bedroom there is a room with just enough floor space to get around the bed. I have my work cut out! It doesn't bother me though. I will have time and I like to be busy.

One great thing about her house is that she has almost everything you could want in the way of pots, pans, dishes, utensils etc in her kitchen. With that and plenty of worktop space (when I have cleared it!) and my collection of electrical gadgets I will be in cook's heaven!

My mouth is still sore from the tangerine. Been reading online and it's known as Burning Mouth Syndrome. There is no definitive treatment. A few years ago I had it and it lasted months. Eating was a big problem and even drinking was very painful. At the moment it is not as bad as that but still very unpleasant. The front part of my tongue feels like it is burning. I really hope it doesn't linger as long this time. I am certain it was triggered by an allergic reaction to the tangerine. My hand is still not right. I have patches like eczema on the back and my knuckles but it's healing.

As far as SW is concerned I feel calm and ready for another on plan day. I will make the Moroccan veggie dish tonight. Tomorrow will be omelet and Tuesday night I am going to try roasting veg in the air fryer. That will be my Green week done. I know I had one non-veggie day yesterday but the green veggie week is a hit with me. I am enjoying the change. I will probably alternate Extra Easy weeks and Green vegetarian weeks and see how that goes. I know Green days don't mean vegetarian but that is how I want to do it.

When I first started SW I seemed to be spending so much more on groceries but now I would say I spend quite a lot less than I used to. Very happy about that!

I am going to get up now because I really fancy a nice cup of tea. Let me know how you are all doing :)

Happy Sunday everyone!

Much like LJ I have done all my housework this morning and cleaned out the piggy, she is enjoying all the super free in the house as she gets a fun breakfast lol I am now chilling in my fluffy zebra onesie (LOL) with my kittens. Gonna have a nice relaxing day.

Just had scrambled egg and beans for breakfast. I was still quite hungry. I will have a big fruit salad and yogurt for lunch. Tonight I will have fish, mashed potato and veg. I have a recipe for a tomatoey sauce to go with it.

i was going to give up on my food diary this week. But I have filled it in, admitted my evening out and have moved on. I find it helps writing it on the diary, then I can see if I've had enough of things.

I am discovering I have a small cheese addiction lol I seem to have it with or on every meal! The syns add up. So I have grated up my 30g and put it in a little tub, so I can just use a little at a time. Rather than feeling the need to use the whole 30g in one go. I have syns to try and make up for lol

I hope I didn't do any damage on the scales... Do you think it works that way? If you have lots of syns one day you can balance it out if you don't have many the rest of the week??

LJ my tongue is still feeling a Bit funny to! I ate some spring onion yesterday and one bit was very strong and felt like it burnt my tongue. Interesting..

Lazy Sunday mornings - I luv them - the sky is blue and just a breeze in the air - feeling full after my bacon and egg roll brunch - perfect!

Sorry to hear that LJ is struggling with her mouth/tongue and CJ has come out in sympathy - I like to use natural remedies and for a sore mouth would use a mouthwash of beer & baking soda - might be worth a try? I've not heard of burning mouth but it sounds nasty and I hope it clears up for you both soon. Both tangerines and spring onions are strong tasting foods so easy to see how they could cause a reaction I guess.

Rugby again today and half of yesterday's chilli is in fridge so no cooking for me later! May go for a walk - kickstart the exercise eh?

CJ I think that as long as we have no more than our max HEs and syns and eat sensibly to satisfy our appetite (not our eyes!) on free food over the week - I think it all balances out. What do others think?

I base that on calorie intake which I think is the scientific way of calculating our nutritional needs - as well as eating a balance of fruit, veg, sugar and fat - and the SW plan sorts that out for us doesn't it?

Hope Jules and fat2go are enjoying their weekend too.

Back