LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Good morning all!

Wow 500 likes!! That is amazing!

Upndown I hope you are doing ok today and big hugs for you, I'm sure yesterday was a tough day and you managed to stick to the plan, you do have willpower :)

Sounds like being a sw consultant was fun! 50 people on your first night is amazing! The only problem is round here there are quite a lot of SW groups already! Although I suppose there is always room for 1 more :)

LJ the 5:2 diet. Does it have to have a break in how often you eat? Or can you eat your 500 calories through out the day? If so maybe that would be good to try. But as fat2go has mentioned, you are doing so well on SW anyway! But can't hurt to try something different as well, see if it does help to boost your loss.

I am going to try and get out in the front garden today and have a little go at it, if I can't walk about to much, I can stand and attack weeds lol!

Well so far another on plan day. my sister works shifts and I give her a lift to work at the weekends, but we both have the whole weekend off.. So a nice lie in.... But she came bursting in at 8am waking me up, thinking we were both running late for work.. I think the glare made her realise it was Saturday! Lol I still didn't get up until 9.30. So I decided on brunch!

Scrambled eggs, 1 slice of gluten free brown bread (hexb yay).. I will see how that affects me, beans with some BBQ sauce in (1 syn), and 1/2 my cheese portion (hexa). Feeling nice and full.

Thanks for ur kind words again - I'm never sure from 1 day to the next how I'll be with food - but yesterday I didn't have much of an appetite - so that saved the day - another time I could have been doing a sweep of the cupboards!!

Glad ur having a relaxing weekend - weather is wet and gale force winds but I'm off for a walk on the beach - hubby would usually come too but he thinks I'm nuts going out in this!

Isn't it good staying on track - and hopefully u'll be in the 10s this week - wow hope that spurs you on!!

Very glad to hear from you, fat2go. I worry when you go awol but I needn't have! You are going full steam ahead this week. It's going to be a good result for you at weigh in :)

Upndown, have you stopped weighing between weigh ins or still doing that? I think it would depress me if I wasn't losing when I thought I should have. I have hidden my scales in my wardrobe out of temptations way. Haven't used them since I joined SW. Hope you are feeling good today. The walk on the beach sounds heavenly.

CJ, that was funny getting woken up at 8 to get to work! Were the kitties up at the normal time?

this morning I forced down two kiwi fruits chopped into a muller light. Was very difficult. I felt so full I could barely eat it all. Went off to work feeling sick and with a very gurgly tummy. I felt like I had zero energy too. Not a good feeling at all. I have not done my poor body any favours with my experiment. I think fat2go may be right. I should stop messing about and get back to what I was doing before that was successful anyway. Been mulling it over all morning and decided that is what I will do. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack. Get to it, me.

i am home now and feeling a lot better. My soup is in the microwave and I will eat that with my usual slice of bread. CJ how was the wheat free bread you tried? Going to make a cup of tea afterwards and sit and write a menu and a shopping list and get myself off to Tesco. No more faddy trials. No more fasting ideas. Let's just concentrate on the job in hand.

A couple of days ago I started going through my sw recipe books and have scanned and printed several new recipes to try. I like to print them out and put them in those plastic wallets. Makes it easy to take one into the kitchen with me and not risk spoiling my books.

Remember that moroccan veg tagine that is so hot with the chilli? It says you can blend the leftovers to make a spicy soup. That sounds pretty good to me. I am going to try it. It's probably a good idea to vary my lunch soup now and again.

My yogurt maker arrived today. It's the Lakeland £20 basic one. Makes a litre of yogurt. Must get some UHT milk and set a potful going tonight. I will compare the price and see if it really will save me money. I bought some proper yogurt starter culture for the first batch because I was reading that if you use shop bought plain yogurt as the starter it has a particular bacteria that is used in processed yogurt that makes homemade yogurt kind of stringy. Didn't like the sound of that. Once the first lot is made I will use a couple of spoons of that in the next lot.

When CJ was little I always made homemade yogurt. Supermarket yogurt was a newfangled invention back then. Can you imagine CJ? LOL.

The sun is shining and I am tempted to go for a walk. I can shop later when the rain returns.

Very glad to hear from you, fat2go.

I felt like I had zero energy too. Not a good feeling at all. I have not done my poor body any favours with my experiment.

I think fat2go may be right. I should stop messing about and get back to what I was doing before that was successful anyway. Been mulling it over all morning and decided that is what I will do. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack. Get to it, me.

Nuff said :)

Yum. Chicken chasseur cooking in the Intellichef. Enough for five portions. Not sure what to have with it. I feel lazy so either smash or SW chips. Is everyone watching the rugby? I'm watching the winter olympics until The Voice starts. I love music. Make me choose between music or food, it's a tough choice.

Bought the UHT milk for the yogurt maker. Excited about making yogurt. Sad I know, but you know.... Little things and all that. :)

Yum. Chicken chasseur cooking in the Intellichef. Enough for five portions. Not sure what to have with it. I feel lazy so either smash or SW chips. Is everyone watching the rugby? I'm watching the winter olympics until The Voice starts. I love music. Make me choose between music or food, it's a tough choice.

Bought the UHT milk for the yogurt maker. Excited about making yogurt. Sad I know, but you know.... Little things and all that. :)

I'll be interested to hear about the yogurt - I have a basic maker (like a flask) but when I've made it, it turns out too runny for me!!

Had good walk one way but walking into the wind was rough - no wonder it was only me and the seagulls there!

Not had much of an appetite today (could have eaten several Easter eggs tho') so a low intake:

no b'fast

lunch - potato and leek soup

tea - chicken dinner as yesterday

Dessert - SW lemon couscous cake - free (although that's controversial with some!!) but I only had one slice so that's free to me!

Hope I don't succumb to the sugar monster!

Hope ur all having a good on plan weekend!

Chicken Chasseur 2 syns, smash potato. Is that syned?
Was delicious. Got the recipe from a SW book.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 9
Chicken Chasseur 2 syns, smash potato. Is that syned?
Was delicious. Got the recipe from a SW book.

looks lovely - smash used to be syn free - not sure these days - it'll be on SW website but as I'm not going to class don't have full access to the site.

Very glad to hear from you, fat2go. I worry when you go awol but I needn't have! You are going full steam ahead this week. It's going to be a good result for you at weigh in :)

Upndown, have you stopped weighing between weigh ins or still doing that? I think it would depress me if I wasn't losing when I thought I should have. I have hidden my scales in my wardrobe out of temptations way. Haven't used them since I joined SW. Hope you are feeling good today. The walk on the beach sounds heavenly.

CJ, that was funny getting woken up at 8 to get to work! Were the kitties up at the normal time?

this morning I forced down two kiwi fruits chopped into a muller light. Was very difficult. I felt so full I could barely eat it all. Went off to work feeling sick and with a very gurgly tummy. I felt like I had zero energy too. Not a good feeling at all. I have not done my poor body any favours with my experiment. I think fat2go may be right. I should stop messing about and get back to what I was doing before that was successful anyway. Been mulling it over all morning and decided that is what I will do. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack. Get to it, me.

i am home now and feeling a lot better. My soup is in the microwave and I will eat that with my usual slice of bread. CJ how was the wheat free bread you tried? Going to make a cup of tea afterwards and sit and write a menu and a shopping list and get myself off to Tesco. No more faddy trials. No more fasting ideas. Let's just concentrate on the job in hand.

A couple of days ago I started going through my sw recipe books and have scanned and printed several new recipes to try. I like to print them out and put them in those plastic wallets. Makes it easy to take one into the kitchen with me and not risk spoiling my books.

Remember that moroccan veg tagine that is so hot with the chilli? It says you can blend the leftovers to make a spicy soup. That sounds pretty good to me. I am going to try it. It's probably a good idea to vary my lunch soup now and again.

My yogurt maker arrived today. It's the Lakeland £20 basic one. Makes a litre of yogurt. Must get some UHT milk and set a potful going tonight. I will compare the price and see if it really will save me money. I bought some proper yogurt starter culture for the first batch because I was reading that if you use shop bought plain yogurt as the starter it has a particular bacteria that is used in processed yogurt that makes homemade yogurt kind of stringy. Didn't like the sound of that. Once the first lot is made I will use a couple of spoons of that in the next lot.

When CJ was little I always made homemade yogurt. Supermarket yogurt was a newfangled invention back then. Can you imagine CJ? LOL.

The sun is shining and I am tempted to go for a walk. I can shop later when the rain returns.

The kitties are awake as soon as they hear any noise! Lol They are all happily snoozing now :)

no supermarket yogurt?!? That's crazy lol especially how many types of yogurt you can get now!

upndown your beach walk sounds lovely, I wish I lived nearer a beach! I managed to do half an hour in the front garden, pulling weeds and collecting up leaves :) so I'm pleased with that!

The wheat free bread tasted good. It didn't seem to affect me, so I will try another slice tomorrow. I have missed bread. I might Try some wheat free pasta next.

The food diary for today!

Brunch scrambled eggs, beans with BBQ sauce (1syn) 1 slice of bread (hexb) 1/2 cheese portion (hexa)

snack banana and blueberries

Tea yummy veg chilli! I kind of made up the recipe stealing some ideas from other recipes! With rice

i have been busy so haven't really felt hungry until tea time, proves that mostly it's boredom for me to eat.

I will treat myself to a freddo later (5syns) or a Lindt bunny (3syns) yummy.

i haven't drank enough water today, have a little bit of a headache, so I'm trying to drink more tonight.

I'll be interested to hear about the yogurt - I have a basic maker (like a flask) but when I've made it, it turns out too runny for me!!

Had good walk one way but walking into the wind was rough - no wonder it was only me and the seagulls there!

Not had much of an appetite today (could have eaten several Easter eggs tho') so a low intake:

no b'fast

lunch - potato and leek soup

tea - chicken dinner as yesterday

Dessert - SW lemon couscous cake - free (although that's controversial with some!!) but I only had one slice so that's free to me!

Hope I don't succumb to the sugar monster!

Hope ur all having a good on plan weekend!

What is couscous cake??

The kitties are awake as soon as they hear any noise! Lol They are all happily snoozing now :)

no supermarket yogurt?!? That's crazy lol especially how many types of yogurt you can get now!

upndown your beach walk sounds lovely, I wish I lived nearer a beach! I managed to do half an hour in the front garden, pulling weeds and collecting up leaves :) so I'm pleased with that!

The wheat free bread tasted good. It didn't seem to affect me, so I will try another slice tomorrow. I have missed bread. I might Try some wheat free pasta next.

I think I'd have enjoyed the garden but no chance here today with the stormy weather - ur gardening so will count as Body Magic for you.

Yes I was brought up by the sea then moved away - so it's great to be back!

Next time I am there I can bring my bread maker for you to try the spelt bread too. It doesn't affect me like modern wheat does and tastes great. No artificial concoctions....

Yeah yeah yeah! You'll have to start posting me some LOL

I think I'd have enjoyed the garden but no chance here today with the stormy weather - ur gardening so will count as Body Magic for you.

Yes I was brought up by the sea then moved away - so it's great to be back!

It has been soooo windy here but blue sky and sunshine which was nice. I'm not a great gardener but I decided enough is enough lol it is still a work in progress, but if I try and do a little at a time I will get there.. Before summer starts and it all grows again :)

Back