LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

LJ - hope everything's ok with u - as u've not posted as usual tonight - hope ur doing something nice.

Everyone else - hope u've been on plan and have a good day 2moro.

Here's my light food day (in case yesterday's calorie day was more than I guesstimated):

Brunch - boiled egg and wm toast HE-B

Snacks - raspberries, 2 bananas (beaten CJ on those today lol)

Tea - omelette and few chips (guess 4 syns?), 3rd banana & jelly (half a syn)

Total syns- 4.5

Drinks - Water, 2 coffees one with ss milk one full fat version - HE-A

I made a mistake yesterday. I went back to eating normal meals. Had bread with my lunchtime soup. Suffered all afternoon with nausea and heartburn. It went off a bit by the evening so I had cheesy broccoli bake and SW chips. Had a bad night. I went to bed early because I felt ill and that is why I didnt post.

I learned my lesson. I need to take it much much slower and give my stomach a lot more time to heal. So back to the restricted diet again from today. Had my tsp of manuka honey when I got up. No tea as it's harsh on the stomach. Just a glug of sf squash with my tablets and probiotic. Then a small cup of plain yogurt. I will have a banana mid morning and soup for lunch. Hopefully no ill effects from that. Dinner will be fruit and yogurt.

Perhaps I could cope with a boiled egg now and again. Don't want to be lacking in nutrients. Will give it some thought.

I feel a bit despondent this morning due to tiredness but obviously won't be going off plan. Hope everyone is doing OK and I will be back to normal posting tonight. Have a great day!

PS I found it interesting how heavy and sluggish I felt after eating full meals again. It wasn't nice after how I have felt on this reduced intake recently.

Perhaps a visit to the Docs might help? I mean, how long can this go on for...last thing you want is to be feeling too despondent.

Good to know you're not even considering (for a second) coming off plan but you still need to look after number one and get your tummy all better, and sooner rather than later!

Take special care of yourself please

I made a mistake yesterday. I went back to eating normal meals. Had bread with my lunchtime soup. Suffered all afternoon with nausea and heartburn. It went off a bit by the evening so I had cheesy broccoli bake and SW chips. Had a bad night. I went to bed early because I felt ill and that is why I didnt post.

I learned my lesson. I need to take it much much slower and give my stomach a lot more time to heal. So back to the restricted diet again from today. Had my tsp of manuka honey when I got up. No tea as it's harsh on the stomach. Just a glug of sf squash with my tablets and probiotic. Then a small cup of plain yogurt. I will have a banana mid morning and soup for lunch. Hopefully no ill effects from that. Dinner will be fruit and yogurt.

Perhaps I could cope with a boiled egg now and again. Don't want to be lacking in nutrients. Will give it some thought.

I feel a bit despondent this morning due to tiredness but obviously won't be going off plan. Hope everyone is doing OK and I will be back to normal posting tonight. Have a great day!

PS I found it interesting how heavy and sluggish I felt after eating full meals again. It wasn't nice after how I have felt on this reduced intake recently.

So sorry to hear u've been unwell again - this is dragging on isn't it - agree with fat2go I think it might be time to take professional advice - I know ur going down the natural remedy route and fully agree with that - did u know that u can have homeopathic remedies where appropriate on NHS from ur GP - if they have someone qualified there - that's been the case since NHS was founded apparently?

Take care of urself and I hope ur feeling better soon.

Thank you for your concern. I am loathe to seek medical intervention when the problem was caused by the tablets I've been prescribed. I know it's been two weeks but last time I had this problem it took almost a year to heal. I am doing much online research into the best way to treat it myself. The last thing i want is the standard NHS strong antibiotics and antacids. There is not much confidence in that having any beneficial effects. Going to continue with the manuka honey, the yogurt and DGL liquorice which should be delivered tomorrow. Sounds like quite a miracle worker.

I have an appointment with my gp next thursday to review my back pain medication and get the results of my cholesterol test. So I will be letting her know about the problem but not likely to be accepting any treatment she may suggest. Will keep an open mind though. Let's see what she suggests. Perhaps that standard NHS treatment might at least kick start my recovery and I can then continue with the natural products from there. We shall see....

Foodwise I had yogurt for breakfast, banana midmorning, veggie soup for lunch, actimel yogurt midafternoon. Dinner will be fruit and yogurt. I need to rest my stomach today and allow myself a night of sleep. Tomorrow I will make boiled eggs for a snack.

After that doom and gloom post I hope the rest of you can lighten the mood and tell me good things! How has your day been? I almost forgot it's Friday. The weekend is upon us! :)

Hi - good to hear from u - u don't mention any pain so I hope that's the case. I fully understand why ur going down the natural remedy route - good idea - hope u didn't think I was sticking my oar in? You will know ur body best and the honey seems to be taking effect - let's hope the liquorice follows suit! Then u'll be able to dictate what u eat not ur stomach.

Another necessary light food day for u - hope that's not leaving u washed out?

Hope coughdrops, CJ & fat2go have had a good day - pleased that ur posting again fat2go and enjoying all ur entries here.

LJ you asked for our news - this week seems to have flown by - lots of bitty things to do here - met a friend for a long lunch today (on plan 4 a change!) also finalised plans for next week - I'm going to Lancashire (where we used to live) to visit some friends then on to visit my youngest son who lives in Manchester - so I'll be away Mon, Tues, Weds - so won't be WI until Thurs - in the 'old' days I'd have had to have taken my scales! I will try to eat as near to plan as I can - no doubt I'll be eating out some of the time tho' eeek!

It's another 6 Nations Rugby weekend - Wales are playing France tonight and may get slaughtered! We're off to watch the under 20s 2moro in our home town (Wales v France again).

EXERCISE - I was a little early to meet my friend today so parked way out of town on the prom and walked in - but the wind was against me so it was a struggle at times - then of course I had to walk back - it took about an hour in total! Felt windswept but refreshed somehow! Here's my food today:

b'fast - 35g porridge oats HE-B soaked in yog o/night with fruit - saw that idea on here yest - enjoyed so will have again

lunch - baked potato, ham, salad - no accompaniments - bit boring!

tea - corned beef hash (c beef 2.5 syns, potatoes, frylight, onions & carrots), baked beans, mushrooms, cheese HE-A

Snacks - banana & pear

2 teas 1 coffee (ss milk 2.5 syns?) water

Total syns - 5

Evening all, having a nice quiet night in front of fire and Corrie. Exciting times!

Planning to do red days between now and W/I on Wed, I've never done more than 3 days of it so will be a challenge, especially over the weekend. I've made our dinners for the weekend in advance, so I won't be tempted by a pizza tomorrow night :eek: We're having tacos instead, using turkey mince instead of beef.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend, and that LJ you're starting to feel a bit better x

Evening all, having a nice quiet night in front of fire and Corrie. Exciting times!

Planning to do red days between now and W/I on Wed, I've never done more than 3 days of it so will be a challenge, especially over the weekend. I've made our dinners for the weekend in advance, so I won't be tempted by a pizza tomorrow night :eek: We're having tacos instead, using turkey mince instead of beef.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend, and that LJ you're starting to feel a bit better x

Mmmmmm just fancy some tacos but the kitchen's closed here tonight! Enjoy ur red weekend!

Evening!

LJ has had an early night, I think well deserved after her bad night yesterday, hoping you wake up feeling refreshed and better. You should be proud of yourself for still sticking to plan when you can't eat much, as it would be so easy to just reach for the easy stuff when your feeling tired.

upndown I hope your enjoying the rugby! I'll keep my fingers crossed for Wales! Another on plan day, your getting into the swing of things now. How's the throat problem today, any better? Well done on the walk! Cleaver idea parking further away, then there's no choice but to walk there and back! The competition is on with the bananas... Lol

Well I didn't sleep that well, I woke up at midnight really hot, I think these germs are giving me a temperature. Didn't get to sleep until about 2am. My sinuses are all puffy so my face hurts, and have had a headache... And kept getting twinges in my back (I had sciatica a year or so ago and still get the odd spasms) So was feeing a bit fed up lol I am looking forward to a nice peaceful and relaxing weekend!

although it did make me feel good when someone commented on my weight loss and said I look smaller :)

Breakfast banana and actimel (1.5)

lunch jacket potato, beans and cheese (hexa)

snack banana

Tea.. Now I am still not sure about the syns in this I searched high and low so it's a guess..

Chicken tikka chunks (dry) from a Indian take away (10??) I had about 2/3 of a portion. 4 chunks left for tomorrow. I made my own boiled rice with veg and peppers in then fried it with a chopped spring onion and egg! Yummy!! Then had a dollop of natural yogurt on the side. Was a very yummy tea!

Any help with the syns on that would be most appreciated! I won't have any other syns today to be on the safe side.

I love sitting in front of the fire! I wish I had one hehe

I have been reading more about red and green days... The book has confused me a bit lol

Tacos sound yummy! Planning ahead is the way to do this I think. Then you don't get caught out!

P.s I managed 2L of water today plus 1 fruit tea and a Pepsi max! The weekend is when I find it hard to drink lots... So wish me luck!

Evening!

LJ has had an early night, I think well deserved after her bad night yesterday, hoping you wake up feeling refreshed and better. You should be proud of yourself for still sticking to plan when you can't eat much, as it would be so easy to just reach for the easy stuff when your feeling tired.

upndown I hope your enjoying the rugby! I'll keep my fingers crossed for Wales! Another on plan day, your getting into the swing of things now. How's the throat problem today, any better? Well done on the walk! Cleaver idea parking further away, then there's no choice but to walk there and back! The competition is on with the bananas... Lol

Well I didn't sleep that well, I woke up at midnight really hot, I think these germs are giving me a temperature. Didn't get to sleep until about 2am. My sinuses are all puffy so my face hurts, and have had a headache... And kept getting twinges in my back (I had sciatica a year or so ago and still get the odd spasms) So was feeing a bit fed up lol I am looking forward to a nice peaceful and relaxing weekend!

although it did make me feel good when someone commented on my weight loss and said I look smaller :)

Breakfast banana and actimel (1.5)

lunch jacket potato, beans and cheese (hexa)

snack banana

Tea.. Now I am still not sure about the syns in this I searched high and low so it's a guess..

Chicken tikka chunks (dry) from a Indian take away (10??) I had about 2/3 of a portion. 4 chunks left for tomorrow. I made my own boiled rice with veg and peppers in then fried it with a chopped spring onion and egg! Yummy!! Then had a dollop of natural yogurt on the side. Was a very yummy tea!

Any help with the syns on that would be most appreciated! I won't have any other syns today to be on the safe side.

Oh gosh the 'J' family are in the wars aren't u? Hope u both get some rest and benefit from the weekend break. Nice to have compliments and well deserved!

Just checked chicken tikka syns on google - 9 seems to be the consensus? sounds good!

Yes Wales won - which was a relief after losing and playing so badly against Ireland a fortnight ago. throat still playing up - trying to ignore it!

Off to bed - I cdn't sleep last night - no reason - just tossing and turning - choc withdrawal symptoms maybe? Nos da as we say here (Good night!)

Didn't want to get up this morning but I have to be at work at 9am. Slept fitfully all night but had no pain in my stomach. The problem is that i have significant pain in my back since stopping the offending painkillers and that makes sleeping difficult. It's a catch 22 situation. I will have to see if the doctor has any other suggestions apart from sending me for hospital investigations which I keep turning down.

Every activity is painful, that was why I started on the painkiller route in the first place. I am in a downward spiral right now. Hoping there is a way out that is acceptable to me.

I will try to look on the bright side. Must get some veggies this weekend and make soup for the week. It might be best if I use up the frozen veggies in my freezer. Some of them are looking a bit sad. I need to go to tesco anyway to stock up on UHT milk for making yogurt. It's cheapest there. Mustn't run out of fruit either. Lately i have been buying some tinned fruit as well as fresh. I know that SW asigns syns to tinned fruit but i am turning a blind eye to that while i am on this restricted intake. It's not like I am eating tons of it.

Upndown, I hope your throat improves soon. That has been dragging on for you. Did you sleep better last night?

CJ, have a nice restful weekend. I hope you are on the mend from your sinusitis. Can the doctor help with that? And now your back is hurting again too! Your chicken tikka and rice dinner looked so yummy! What a good cook you are. :)

What a lot we are. Are we lacking in some nutrients on this diet? I wouldn't have thought so though. It seems to be a healthy mix of foods doesn't it?

Fat2go, hope you are doing OK and feeling more motivated again. Missing your interesting posts.

I love sitting in front of the fire! I wish I had one hehe

I have been reading more about red and green days... The book has confused me a bit lol

Tacos sound yummy! Planning ahead is the way to do this I think. Then you don't get caught out!

Yes I know what u mean about confusing ourselves by reading the SW bible - but worth doing I think?

P.s I managed 2L of water today plus 1 fruit tea and a Pepsi max! The weekend is when I find it hard to drink lots... So wish me luck!

Gosh - that's a lot of water! Ur really going for it this week then?

Didn't want to get up this morning but I have to be at work at 9am. Slept fitfully all night but had no pain in my stomach. The problem is that i have significant pain in my back since stopping the offending painkillers and that makes sleeping difficult. It's a catch 22 situation. I will have to see if the doctor has any other suggestions apart from sending me for hospital investigations which I keep turning down.

Every activity is painful, that was why I started on the painkiller route in the first place. I am in a downward spiral right now. Hoping there is a way out that is acceptable to me.

I will try to look on the bright side. Must get some veggies this weekend and make soup for the week. It might be best if I use up the frozen veggies in my freezer. Some of them are looking a bit sad. I need to go to tesco anyway to stock up on UHT milk for making yogurt. It's cheapest there. Mustn't run out of fruit either. Lately i have been buying some tinned fruit as well as fresh. I know that SW asigns syns to tinned fruit but i am turning a blind eye to that while i am on this restricted intake. It's not like I am eating tons of it.

Upndown, I hope your throat improves soon. That has been dragging on for you. Did you sleep better last night?

CJ, have a nice restful weekend. I hope you are on the mend from your sinusitis. Can the doctor help with that? And now your back is hurting again too! Your chicken tikka and rice dinner looked so yummy! What a good cook you are. :)

What a lot we are. Are we lacking in some nutrients on this diet? I wouldn't have thought so though. It seems to be a healthy mix of foods doesn't it?

Fat2go, hope you are doing OK and feeling more motivated again. Missing your interesting posts.

Oh dear u are having a rough time - yet ur still carrying on with the plan - ur being so positive - that's admirable - u've really cracked it now and in ur 14th week too - I do hope the Dr can give u something for ur back pain.

I'd agree on ur nutrition comment - I would have thought that on SW we're all eating healthier?

Yes thanks I slept last night - but although I've only had only the throat thing 4 times in over 30 years - it hangs around for weeks! It's annoying but minor compared to ur problems.

Take care and I hope u can rest after work.

Afternoon all!

LJ sorry you are suffering. I had a thought. Do you think the stomach problem stems from stress rather than your tablets?? You have been under a lot of stress since you've been back. Just a thought!

upndown I'm glad you managed to sleep better, I did to. Yay for Wales winning the rugby :)

I have been busy doing housework this morning, so far only eaten a banana! I am feeling hungry so going to make some scrambled egg, tomatoes and bacon! I have drank nearly 1L so far. Once I get back into drinking I get a bit addicted lol the more u drink the more u want to drink!

9 syns was roughly how much I could find for the chicken to. But it was sooo yummy! May have the leftovers this evening.

It it was a beautiful day this morning, blue sky and sunny not a cloud in the sky! Now... Cloudy and grey. Oh well maybe ill watch some prison break hehe

I don't think we can be missing nutrients either.. So many veg and fruit we are eating. Although I guess I don't eat that much meat at the minute, maybe it's there I'm missing out?? Or maybe it's just the time of year, a lot of colds about in my office! It's a huge open plan office, so you have no escape from the germs! My sinuses do actually feel ok today, the puffiness has gone and so far no headache, so this is good and so far... My back feels ok! Phew. Now just to get LJ and Upndown back on the mend.

Afternoon all!

LJ sorry you are suffering. I had a thought. Do you think the stomach problem stems from stress rather than your tablets?? You have been under a lot of stress since you've been back. Just a thought!

upndown I'm glad you managed to sleep better, I did to. Yay for Wales winning the rugby :)

I have been busy doing housework this morning, so far only eaten a banana! I am feeling hungry so going to make some scrambled egg, tomatoes and bacon! I have drank nearly 1L so far. Once I get back into drinking I get a bit addicted lol the more u drink the more u want to drink!

9 syns was roughly how much I could find for the chicken to. But it was sooo yummy! May have the leftovers this evening.

It it was a beautiful day this morning, blue sky and sunny not a cloud in the sky! Now... Cloudy and grey. Oh well maybe ill watch some prison break hehe

I don't think we can be missing nutrients either.. So many veg and fruit we are eating. Although I guess I don't eat that much meat at the minute, maybe it's there I'm missing out?? Or maybe it's just the time of year, a lot of colds about in my office! It's a huge open plan office, so you have no escape from the germs! My sinuses do actually feel ok today, the puffiness has gone and so far no headache, so this is good and so far... My back feels ok! Phew. Now just to get LJ and Upndown back on the mend.

Gosh - all that time and work on a banana - isn't it strange the less we the less we seem to want? Choc no longer has the appeal it once had - never thought that wd happen - still like a bit tho - but wish I cd get hooked on water like u!

Yes lots of germs multiplying in a warm office isn't really a healthy environment is it and most of us get less exercise, fresh air etc at this time of year - but hey Spring is on its way!

My throat is more of an irritation than anything it's uncomfortable & a nuisance not at all painful and u seem to be on the mend which is good - so our sympathy goes to LJ.

Early tea b4 rugby - I made masses of minestrone soup and added 3 sliced veggie sausages (all I had in) in case I'm ravenous when we get back - like ur area it's turned grey, windy and cold now. Have a good evening all!

Oh - forgot to say earlier - we finally finished that couscous cake today! It lasted well in the fridge - well worth making and must be less than half a syn for the portion I was having!! Will definitely be making another!

Hello all - hope u've enjoyed the day and stayed on track.

Hoping LJ are u feeling any better and getting some rest? CJ, coughdrops, fat2go and anyone else reading this - hope ur all ok.

Just back from the rugby about half a mile walk from where we parked so walked a mile-ish in total. It was Wales under 20s playing France in the 6 Nations - Wales lost 16-10 but at least the main team (over 21s!) beat France last night! It was freezing, the wind was whipping in off the sea and of course it was raining!

Here's how my food went:

b'fast - 35g muesli - HEB with yog & berries

lunch - minestrone soup (made with 3 veggie saus made about 15 portions so I'll say half a syn) it was a BBC Good Food website recipe - lovely!

tea - left over corned beef hash and baked beans

snacks - melon and yog with a sprinkle of muesli 2 syns?

2 teas - HEA and water

TOTAL SYNS - 2.5

Phil (hubby) had a sausage bap at the match - I just drooled & enjoyed the smell!

Last edited:
Back