LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Gosh - all that time and work on a banana - isn't it strange the less we the less we seem to want? Choc no longer has the appeal it once had - never thought that wd happen - still like a bit tho - but wish I cd get hooked on water like u!

Yes lots of germs multiplying in a warm office isn't really a healthy environment is it and most of us get less exercise, fresh air etc at this time of year - but hey Spring is on its way!

My throat is more of an irritation than anything it's uncomfortable & a nuisance not at all painful and u seem to be on the mend which is good - so our sympathy goes to LJ.

Early tea b4 rugby - I made masses of minestrone soup and added 3 sliced veggie sausages (all I had in) in case I'm ravenous when we get back - like ur area it's turned grey, windy and cold now. Have a good evening all!

I know what you mean about chocolate, if I haven't had chocolate for a while I forget how yummy it is lol then go a bit crazy on it hehe

your minestrone soup sounds good!

Hello all - hope u've enjoyed the day and stayed on track.

Hoping LJ are u feeling any better and getting some rest? CJ, coughdrops, fat2go and anyone else reading this - hope ur all ok.

Just back from the rugby about half a mile walk from where we parked so walked a mile-ish in total. It was Wales under 20s playing France in the 6 Nations - Wales lost 16-10 but at least the main team (over 21s!) beat France last night! It was freezing, the wind was whipping in off the sea and of course it was raining!

Here's how my food went:

b'fast - 35g muesli - HEB with yog & berries

lunch - minestrone soup (made with 3 veggie saus made about 15 portions so I'll say half a syn) it was a BBC Good Food website recipe - lovely!

tea - left over corned beef hash and baked beans

snacks - melon and yog with a sprinkle of muesli 2 syns?

2 teas - HEA and water

TOTAL SYNS - 2.5

Phil (hubby) had a sausage bap at the match - I just drooled & enjoyed the smell!

Well done with resisting to sausage bap!! Big gold star for you :) I bet it was all greasy and syn ful ;)

you are doing well with your walking now, getting in all that exercise! You have inspired me to get on my treadmill later :)

Afternoon all, on this very windy Sunday!

how is everyone? I hope those Sunday demons have left you all alone, I seem to have beaten mine.

Breakfast chopped banana, fat free natural yogurt with a spoon of honey (1 syn) I decided to try this yogurt as it's has the good bacteria stuff in and my actimel is 1.5 syns.. So a saving there!

Lunch 3 rashers of be good to yourself bacon medallions, grilled tomato, beans and sausages (4syns) and scrambled egg with cheese (hexa)

I couldn't think of what else to have with my lunch that was superfree, LJ suggested I could just have a superfree snack later to make it up :) so that's what I will do.

I am having a nice relaxing Sunday, re charging my batteries ready for another week. I feel much better today, back feels fine, sinuses feel pretty much back to normal and my foot *touch wood*

I hope you are enjoying your Sunday afternoon. Ooh the wind is picking up :S

Hello all. CJ I will be converting you to making your own yogurt in 161 days. LOL. You will be surprised how easy it is and how cheap!

Sorry for my late arrival today folks. I had another early night. Was exhausted from my busy week. The pain in my back is tiring too. Anyhoo.... Yesterday I started on the DGL liquorice tablets and I am thrilled to report that I ate pasta with tomato sauce (Dolmio, half a pot 4 syns) and grtaed cheese (HexA) for my dinner and had zero pain or heartburn. No discomfort of any kind! Wow!

However, this morning I had my liquorice as advised, twenty minutes before food. Then I had a small cup of plain yogurt. Then I suffered greatly. Heartburn, pain, nausea, the pain radiates into my back too. Was awful. I gave in and took some gaviscon which helped take the edge off. Sigh...

Been reading yet more on the subject and have ordered some mastic gum tablets. Many people take that with the liquorice to heal an ulcer and stop the burning. Nothing to lose so will give it a try. I really want to avoid the antibiotics that the doctor might try to push on me. I know I waver between accepting the NHS treatment and then going only for the natural option. I really want the natural option to work. This is unlikely to be a quick fix whichever route I take. I just have to be patient. I hope I am not boring you all with going on about it. Please just skip over it if it does. You never know, there may be others reading this who have the same problem and I might be able to help them.

Someone gave me a DVD plYer this week which means I can watch my Tai Chi DVDs. Might try that to help keep my back supple and keep the arthritis problems at bay. Not sure I can manage the two miles walks anymore but will keep up with the one milers. Giving myself the challenge to complete the 100 miles by moving day.

This morning I made a batch of veggie soup. I got all the veg from my freezer that is going a bit dry and yucky looking and cooked it up with some chicken stock. Liquidised it and it made 8 portions for the freezer for this weeks lunches. Tastes great! It contains onions, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, peas, spinach, garlic. Good healthy soup. I have started eating bread with it again.

I am still on plan and feeling determined despite the problems. Hope to have at least a small loss this week. I have increased my food intake so may be holding more water inside after the lean weeks before. Not going to be concerned whatever the result.

I forgot to get my scales out and weigh after weigh in to see what my fat content is. Will try to remember to do it this week.

How is everyone's Sunday. Glad to hear the demons are not making an appearance CJ. Nor here. What about the rest of you? Hooe you are having a lovely restful day.

Hello all. CJ I will be converting you to making your own yogurt in 161 days. LOL. You will be surprised how easy it is and how cheap!

Sorry for my late arrival today folks. I had another early night. Was exhausted from my busy week. The pain in my back is tiring too. Anyhoo.... Yesterday I started on the DGL liquorice tablets and I am thrilled to report that I ate pasta with tomato sauce (Dolmio, half a pot 4 syns) and grtaed cheese (HexA) for my dinner and had zero pain or heartburn. No discomfort of any kind! Wow!

However, this morning I had my liquorice as advised, twenty minutes before food. Then I had a small cup of plain yogurt. Then I suffered greatly. Heartburn, pain, nausea, the pain radiates into my back too. Was awful. I gave in and took some gaviscon which helped take the edge off. Sigh...

Been reading yet more on the subject and have ordered some mastic gum tablets. Many people take that with the liquorice to heal an ulcer and stop the burning. Nothing to lose so will give it a try. I really want to avoid the antibiotics that the doctor might try to push on me. I know I waver between accepting the NHS treatment and then going only for the natural option. I really want the natural option to work. This is unlikely to be a quick fix whichever route I take. I just have to be patient. I hope I am not boring you all with going on about it. Please just skip over it if it does. You never know, there may be others reading this who have the same problem and I might be able to help them.

Someone gave me a DVD plYer this week which means I can watch my Tai Chi DVDs. Might try that to help keep my back supple and keep the arthritis problems at bay. Not sure I can manage the two miles walks anymore but will keep up with the one milers. Giving myself the challenge to complete the 100 miles by moving day.

This morning I made a batch of veggie soup. I got all the veg from my freezer that is going a bit dry and yucky looking and cooked it up with some chicken stock. Liquidised it and it made 8 portions for the freezer for this weeks lunches. Tastes great! It contains onions, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, peas, spinach, garlic. Good healthy soup. I have started eating bread with it again.

I am still on plan and feeling determined despite the problems. Hope to have at least a small loss this week. I have increased my food intake so may be holding more water inside after the lean weeks before. Not going to be concerned whatever the result.

I forgot to get my scales out and weigh after weigh in to see what my fat content is. Will try to remember to do it this week.

How is everyone's Sunday. Glad to hear the demons are not making an appearance CJ. Nor here. What about the rest of you? Hooe you are having a lovely restful day.

Good for you for sticking to plan! It will be worth it on those scales Weds. It will soon be WI again! These weeks are flying by. 161 days not long now!

I will try and remind you about the scales weds so you can check your Fat levels and things.

My food for today..

breakfast and lunch as above.

i had a snack of a banana then later some fromage frais with honey, (1syn)

Tea... Yummy! I made Turkey tikka masala. SW recipe, it was just like.... tikka masala! Yummy, I added peppers and peas to my rice. Feeling stuffed now, I have another portion for tomorrow. I decided to leave the remaining turkey marinating in the fridge rather than cooking it all tonight. So it will be yummy tomorrow.

Only 2 syns today.. Wow. I see a Cadbury chocolate moose egg in my future ;)

I will have finished my 2L of water by the time I go to bed. It does make a difference drinking more, it's like all the fat is flushing out. I do feel smaller., let's hope the scales agree!

My food for today..

breakfast and lunch as above.

i had a snack of a banana then later some fromage frais with honey, (1syn)

Tea... Yummy! I made Turkey tikka masala. SW recipe, it was just like.... tikka masala! Yummy, I added peppers and peas to my rice. Feeling stuffed now, I have another portion for tomorrow. I decided to leave the remaining turkey marinating in the fridge rather than cooking it all tonight. So it will be yummy tomorrow.

Only 2 syns today.. Wow. I see a Cadbury chocolate moose egg in my future ;)

I will have finished my 2L of water by the time I go to bed. It does make a difference drinking more, it's like all the fat is flushing out. I do feel smaller., let's hope the scales agree!

ooh actually 6 syns today with my beans and sausages.. So it might be a caramac bar in my future lol

Hello Everyone - Hope u've all had a good day and have been on plan??

LJ - sorry ur still unwell - this poster isn't bored with ur news at all - just wish u were feeling 100%. I fully understand about taking the natural route too. I'm very impressed that ur still on track - it'd be so easy to resort to comfort foods.

CJ - On plan I see, no demons and room for a caramac! Do u keep a stock of ur choccy treats or pop to the shop as & when u need them? I have to do the latter or ask Phil to keep them in his car boot (yes honestly - where do u think the children's Easter Eggs are?)

Turkey tikka masala sounds good - I've never made it but it is a family favourite takeaway - shd make one. My minestrone soup was based on a BBC Good Food recipe from website - adapted to suit what I had in - it was v tasty. I'm a fan of that site.

You're doing well with the water too - I'm drinking more but don't drink the 1.6L of fluid women are supposed to drink a day (checked on NHS site). I find I drink more if I fill a small bottle with water rather than out of a glass - weird!!

Hope coughdrops and fat2go and other readers are well.

We've been visiting today - resisted most of the biscuits and all of the cake! I'm going away 2moro - back on Weds - don't think I'll get a chance to log in here (how will I cope without ur support?) I'm catching an early train -so muesli and yog are soaking, fruit snacks and water bottle at the ready but once I get off the train - not so confident but will try!

Hope u all stay on the straight and narrow until WI!

Here's today's RED DAY food:

b'fast - Lo Fat yog, 35g muesli HE-B, summer fruits - adding the muesli is more filling but uses up a HE-B early in the day on EE

lunch - minestrone soup

tea - chicken, broccoli, cauli, carrots, potatoes

snacks - banana, choc digestive 4 syns, 35g muesli HE-B

1 Tea, 2 coffees - milk HE-A, water, diet pepsi

Morning all. Monday.. Don't feel like working today but that's life. Well for the next 160 days at least.

Upndown, have a good trip. Hope the trains are on time for you. I will miss your input here. The interaction helps me so much to stay motivated and on plan.

I have taken my liquorice tablets and some manuka honey. Waiting the obligatory twenty minutes before I can have a cup of tea and I am sooo thirsty this morning. Didnt drink enough yesterday. I am letting my yogurt warm up a bit in the dish while I wait. I wondered if the fact that it was so cold made it hurt my stomach yesterday. Worth a test. I understand though that yogurt is acidic so maybe it hurt for the same reason putting acid in a cut on your finger would hurt.

My planned food today is:

Breakfast: plain yogurt
Midmorning snack: banana (or should I say bababa!)
Lunch: homemade veg soup and a slice of spelt bread
Afternoon: fill up on diet coke
Dinner: chicken chasseur and sw chips or rice

Fat2go and coughdrops, hope you are ok and still on plan. Not long to weigh day for us all.

CJ have a good day at work. I am sure we will be in touch.

Anyone else that is reading here, please say hi!

In the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep I was googling more about natural remedies for my problem and about how to make sure you have the right bacteria in the gut. I stumbled upon kefir. It's as easy to make as yogurt but has tons more of the good bugs and vitamins and minerals than yogurt. In fact yogurt seems to be the poor relation to kefir. I gotta try it!

I need to get some kefir grains or granules, whatever they are called. Instead of eating yogurt I would drink some kefir. People usually make it from raw, unpasteurised milk. CJ's sister has raw milk delivered so perhaps I could plan to make some when I visit in april. Let's ask her if she will let me use some milk to try it, CJ?

Have a good day, SW soldiers and stay on plan and off the scales. LOL! Hup 2... 3.... 4.... :)

Evening, friends. I had a difficult but on plan day. I was ok after my yogurt breakfast and after my banana snack but suffered pain for a few hours after my soup and bread lunch. Oweee. Nausea, pain, lightheaded feeling. Generally blah. Not nice when you have to work.

My mastic gum tablets arrived. I intend to take them morning and night. So my regime will involve mastic gum, liquorice and manuka honey. My research so far shows that the three together will cure my problem. Oh along with probiotic capsules and homemade yogurt. And i plan to try making kefir if only for the experience.

Two days to weigh in. I don't feel any thinner. I kind of don't care that much right now. I just want to feel better and be able to eat properly. All I had for my 'dinner' tonight is some yogurt. I dont want to be awake in pain so I am not taking the risk of eating anything more substantial.

Evening!

Well it is very quiet without Upndown, I hope your getting on ok on plan! We look forward to hearing about your adventures when you return :)

LJ I hope you start to feel better soon, it must be horrible :( big gold star though for another on plan day.

so my food for today..

Breakfast banana and muller light, actimel (1.5)

lunch jacket potato, beans and cheese hexa

snack banana

Tea left over turkey tikka masala, rice and added veg. Yummy again!

So far 1.5 syns.. Goody lol that means I can have a chocolate moose egg!

Following on from up downs question yesterday. I do tend to have some low ish syn treats in. Those eggs come in a pack of 4 so they have been sitting in the cupboard just waiting for a day like today haha also the freddos I got a multi pack.

Ooh and I got some of those wraps today, that you can have as your hexb! So I'm looking forward to trying this, also I might try making pizza with the mine day to.

I hope fat2go is doing ok, keep posting we are here to support you :)

Hello peeps. Another day, another dollar. I have just taken my second dose of mastic gum. I slept well last night, possibly due more to the exhaustion than anything else but at least it helped. Right now I have no pain at all in my stomach. Looking forward eagerly to the cup of tea I have made. Waiting half an hour though for the tablets to do their magic. Will have some yogurt for breakfast. Feeling a little hungry actually.

It's getting a bit lonely on here lately. Just you and me left CJ. Hardly seems worth continuing......

Well my day..

Breakfast mango and yogurt

lunch jacket potato, beans and cheese (hexa)

snack mango and banana

Tea pasta, sauce (3syns), salad and cheese (5syns)

managed 1L of water, I will try 1l tonight.

Well... Weds again tomorrow! WI comes round so quick!! I am keeping my fingers crossed for everyone, and me lol I hope this week I will finally get under that 11 stone mark... Eeek!

It's weigh day! Yikes! The weeks are flying by. Good luck Wednesday weighers. Hope the scales are kind to us all.

i slept fairly well. Feel a bit nauseous this morning. I really need my cup of tea but am waiting as long as I can to let the mastic gum and liquorice tablets do their work. Breakfast will, as usual, be a couple of spoonfuls of homemade plain yogurt which is warming up on the kitchen worktop.

CJ I see you are still on the jacket potato lunches. LOL. What about the wraps? Will you try having those for lunch at all? Good luck for your weigh in tonight.

Good luck today! I've w/i at 7 pm.

Went shopping last night and bought some really lovely new baby potatoes covered in garlic butter...having them tonight, and that'll be my treat after W/I

Good luck today! I've w/i at 7 pm.

Went shopping last night and bought some really lovely new baby potatoes covered in garlic butter...having them tonight, and that'll be my treat after W/I

Ooh they sound yummy! How did your weigh in go?

Well.. My WI results... I stayed the same again. :( I'm a little fed up now, I would like just half a lb even.. I have stuck to plan, drank lots of water..?? Where am I going wrong? Exercise maybe? My foot is feeling much better so I will try some treadmilling and see if that makes any difference!

Oh I'm sorry you didnt lose anything this week. I understand it gets harder to lose as you get close to your ideal weight. Maybe your group leader can help? I know how lovely she is!

I lost 1.5lb but that's mainly due to not being able to eat much. I think the herbal regime is starting to show some good effects. Early days but I am hopeful.

Hello everybody - I've missed your posts - I've just had a quick catch up.

Firstly, LJ I'm sorry to hear that you've still been suffering - but good to hear that ur soldiering on with finding a natural remedy and with SW - is your appointment with the GP due soon? I hope to see that you have a loss this week but wish you could eat normally.

CJ I also feel for you - you've stayed the same - that's puzzling as you're really strict with yourself and seem to be fully on plan - how annoying for you - I hear what you're saying about exercise - but all I've read/heard about exercise - is that we need to burn 3500 calories to lose a pound in weight - and we burn approx 60 calories per mile we walk (dep on our weight/speed of course it's healthy, reduces risk of stroke/heart disease, tones our muscles etc but eating less has a much bigger impact on weight loss. If it's not fluid retention - would it be worth speaking to your SW consultant - as you've tried so hard to change things and follow SW principles. I hope you don't lose heart as you have lost 9lbs - if you carry on you're sure to lose more but it does seem annoyingly slow. Sending positive vibes!

Good to read from coughdrops - hope you're pleased with your WI and enjoy your garlicky potatoes!

Hope fat2go you're okay - see that you've had a 2lb loss so well done for that and getting back on the wagon.

Back