LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Hello. the gym is a different matter. I did an induction and Ive been a cople of times since but I love the water so much more. 20 mins in the gym and then into thenpool is wonderful as the pool then feels heavenly. Ive only done this a few times. Maybe when all this mving about is finished I will get back into a routine. Foodwise my stomach keeps rumbling and I feel hungry but when I start to eat I dont finish as I dont want the food. Very strange.

Morning minimin chums!

Just a quick note as I'm just about to get out of the car and go into work!

I weighed this morning. Keeping in mind I weighed in the morning and not night, today I am 10st 12lbs 1/4 hehe yay!

Good luck all!!

Well done - isn't it great to see those numbers go down - ur in the 10s now wahay!!

Presumably u'll be weighing in the morning from now on - so just forget the evening thing!

Hello. the gym is a different matter. I did an induction and Ive been a cople of times since but I love the water so much more. 20 mins in the gym and then into thenpool is wonderful as the pool then feels heavenly. Ive only done this a few times. Maybe when all this mving about is finished I will get back into a routine. Foodwise my stomach keeps rumbling and I feel hungry but when I start to eat I dont finish as I dont want the food. Very strange.

Hi - I just wondered if u were using the gym - no pressure of course! You're doing better than me by doing ur regular swim especially with the stress of moving.

I don't do anything regularly enough but I walk and do exercise videos - when the weather improves we'll start walking in the Welsh hills.

I have an ambition to walk Offa's Dyke (150 miles) and our coastal path (870 miles :eek:) both in stages of course!! Hubby is due to retire soon - so hope we'll start then!

Hello everyone. You really have a brilliant griup here. I loved the swim . I swam for an hour and did 82 lengths in the half size pool ie 12.5 m instead of 25m. So it was like swimming 41 in a narmal pool. I started going last November on a months trial membership and just loved it. I have never in my life joined a gym before or swam each day like this. Ive missed 10 days and so today was fantastic. If there hadnt been an aquafit class coming up I would have carried on longer.
I weigh in on a Thursday. I hope everyone has had a good day. LJ how is your knee now?

Ooh nice. Well done on the swimming. 82 lengths. All those turns. Hehe! Keep up the good work, Mo!

I would so love to go swimming but it's just not possible right now for several reasons. I am envious! What great exercise it is. I hope to swim after my move in August. There is a lovely pool there and I will be slimmer. LOL

Morning all. I have the day off today. Managed to wangle it. My knee is still uncomfortable but i am mobile again and could drive if necessary so thats good. Last night I had some pasta with stir in sauce and I followed CJs lead and weighed out 100g of pasta. It was just too much for my stomach. I ate it all because I was hungry but it made me feel ill.. Not pain just that uncomfortable ate too much feeling. I know now to stick to small meals for now. Apart from that I am having no more pain, just some burning if I go too long between eating. I am definitely on the mend there.

Last night I dusted off my scales that I put away when I started SW. I wanted to see what my fat % is now. When I started I was 49.9% fat. Yikes! That is HALF my body weight. Yuck!

This morning I stepped onto them. 12st 6.7lb and 46.2% fat. How can I go back to SW now? What would be the point? If I go by this new reading it makes me happy because that says I have lost 2.8lb this week. I know most of that is clothes but who cares? The great thing is that I can start right now on my new slimming week rather than struggling not to eat or drink too much all day because of weigh in tonight. I think I have made up my mind.

Having the day off work means I can organise my menu for the week, go shopping and do some batch cooking. I feel a boost of motivation. Chapter 2 of LJ's journey!

Morning all. I have the day off today. Managed to wangle it. My knee is still uncomfortable but i am mobile again and could drive if necessary so thats good. Last night I had some pasta with stir in sauce and I followed CJs lead and weighed out 100g of pasta. It was just too much for my stomach. I ate it all because I was hungry but it made me feel ill.. Not pain just that uncomfortable ate too much feeling. I know now to stick to small meals for now. Apart from that I am having no more pain, just some burning if I go too long between eating. I am definitely on the mend there.

Last night I dusted off my scales that I put away when I started SW. I wanted to see what my fat % is now. When I started I was 49.9% fat. Yikes! That is HALF my body weight. Yuck!

This morning I stepped onto them. 12st 6.7lb and 46.2% fat. How can I go back to SW now? What would be the point? If I go by this new reading it makes me happy because that says I have lost 2.8lb this week. I know most of that is clothes but who cares? The great thing is that I can start right now on my new slimming week rather than struggling not to eat or drink too much all day because of weigh in tonight. I think I have made up my mind.

Having the day off work means I can organise my menu for the week, go shopping and do some batch cooking. I feel a boost of motivation. Chapter 2 of LJ's journey!

Glad u have day off but a nuisance that u can't manage 100g of pasta - but I've read that when we eat in 'little & often mode - it keeps our metabolism working at optimum level - not always easy to manage at work & when we're out but there's always fruit & other snacks from ur batch cooking! As u say ur on the mend cured by Dr. LJ!.

Let's just celebrate ur 2.8 loss to herald LJ's Chapter 2!

Enjoy ur day off.

Hi - I've lost 2.75lb over the last 6 days (as I was away last week) so pleased.

As I've mentioned I'm going to carry on with SE for a little while - but I'll be eating more than this week I'll be having all 4 HEs and more syns if I want them - as I have been hungry at times this week.

Onwards and downwards all - Hup 2, 3, 4!

Good luck to Mo for ur WI and congrats to LJ & CJ - hope everything's going well with fat2go, coughdrops & everyone else!

Hello everyone. How have your days gone? I went shopping with my daughter in law and grandson this morning. I found all sorts like a jar of fresh ginger, frozen chillis and frozen prepared corriandrer. I have heard about these on the site and was so pleased I found them. I also bought broccoli so I could try mqking broccoli soup. I also bought a trout for tea. I weigh in the morning. I think maybe I should put my food diary on this threas perhaps? I was doing slimmiung world and then the Doctor put me on orlistat so its a mixture of SW nd counting grams of fat. Well Im looking forward to hearing how your days went.

Hi - 8 yr old Poppy wants a sleepover tonight - so posting my treat day food now in case I don't get a chance later. Hope you've all had a good day and LJ is recovering. Realised I've reached Club 10 this week.

b'fast - bacon, egg and lots of tomatoes + bread HE-B

Snack - banana

Lunch - wrap HE-B - parmesan HE-A and half fat cheese HE-A + peppers, lettuce+ tomatoes
half tbsp light mayo 1 syn - half tbsp branston pickle 1 syn

Tea - yesterday's curry (at least 2/3 veg) + rice

Drinks - water and fruit tea

35 mins exercise DVD

WI Treat - found some Christmas choc - 20 syns went in a blink! So 22 syns today - will try to balance that out across the week!

Hello everyone. How have your days gone? I went shopping with my daughter in law and grandson this morning. I found all sorts like a jar of fresh ginger, frozen chillis and frozen prepared corriandrer. I have heard about these on the site and was so pleased I found them. I also bought broccoli so I could try mqking broccoli soup. I also bought a trout for tea. I weigh in the morning. I think maybe I should put my food diary on this threas perhaps? I was doing slimmiung world and then the Doctor put me on orlistat so its a mixture of SW nd counting grams of fat. Well Im looking forward to hearing how your days went.

Hello Mo!

I have seen those ginger and chillis they look useful. I've also seen crushed garlic and frozen garlic! All very useful as those things when they are fresh don't last long do they.

Yes join us with your food diary. It's good for looking back on to.

Well done LJ and Upndown. Good weight loss for us all! Yes I am finally in the 10s *bounces about* :)

I text my sw leader today to ask for my 6 weeks off... I did tell a little porkie and said I've got a lot on at work.. I want to be able to use the app and website for a little longer! Although there's lots of info on here.

i am aiming for 2lbs this week. Then I will have reached my 1 stone mark and then another 2lbs and I'll get my club 10! Well.. You know what I mean lol my friend at work who is doing sw to, said she will find me another sticker and get her little girls to make me a cerificate! Lol aww.

So food today..

Breakfast - plum, a quarter of a pear.. Wasn't quite ripe :s then I tried a passion fruit that I bought... Not sure if it was not ripe but I didn't like it so chucked that to lol!

Snack banana

Lunch I came home and microwaved a jacket potato I had cooked the other day :) cheese (hexa) and salad, a few beans and (1 syn) of be good to yourself coleslaw.

Afternoon snack blueberries... Only a few of these as they were a bit mushy/chewy.

Tea - chicken cooked in herb maggi papers (1.5syns) yummy!! Rainbow salad from morrisons (lettuce, cucumber, pepper, sweetcorn, beet root, carrot), mayo (1 syn), coleslaw (2syns) and fried tinned potatoes with garlic.

Not a good fruit day lol! I have some mangoes I need to chop up and I got some bananas today.

Also my first maggi paper attempt.. FAILED. I had the hob on to hot and it burnt to a crisp and the kitchen was fill of smoke lol! Luckily my 2nd attempt was better. Boiled the little bit of extra chicken for the kitties, they will be pleased.

Oh and I had a Alpen light bar this afternoon (hexb). Gave me tummy ache though. I remember why I stopped eating them lol

Oh and I had a Alpen light bar this afternoon (hexb). Gave me tummy ache though. I remember why I stopped eating them lol

Oh no - a treat turned sour - what a pity!

Well done LJ and Upndown. Good weight loss for us all! Yes I am finally in the 10s *bounces about* :)

I text my sw leader today to ask for my 6 weeks off... I did tell a little porkie and said I've got a lot on at work.. I want to be able to use the app and website for a little longer! Although there's lots of info on here.

i am aiming for 2lbs this week. Then I will have reached my 1 stone mark and then another 2lbs and I'll get my club 10! Well.. You know what I mean lol my friend at work who is doing sw to, said she will find me another sticker and get her little girls to make me a cerificate! Lol aww.

So food today..

Breakfast - plum, a quarter of a pear.. Wasn't quite ripe :s then I tried a passion fruit that I bought... Not sure if it was not ripe but I didn't like it so chucked that to lol!

Snack banana

Lunch I came home and microwaved a jacket potato I had cooked the other day :) cheese (hexa) and salad, a few beans and (1 syn) of be good to yourself coleslaw.

Afternoon snack blueberries... Only a few of these as they were a bit mushy/chewy.

Tea - chicken cooked in herb maggi papers (1.5syns) yummy!! Rainbow salad from morrisons (lettuce, cucumber, pepper, sweetcorn, beet root, carrot), mayo (1 syn), coleslaw (2syns) and fried tinned potatoes with garlic.

Not a good fruit day lol! I have some mangoes I need to chop up and I got some bananas today.

Also my first maggi paper attempt.. FAILED. I had the hob on to hot and it burnt to a crisp and the kitchen was fill of smoke lol! Luckily my 2nd attempt was better. Boiled the little bit of extra chicken for the kitties, they will be pleased.

Oh dear not a good fruit day but a v low syn day!! Could u make SW muffins to use up the blueberries they're so expensive.

Sorry but I smiled at the 1st Maggi attempt - soooo like me!

Good luck with ur WI - I'm sure LJ will encourage u to post ur food diary here - I started doing it as a newbie and just realised now I could have been raining on ur parade LJ!

But I think the consensus here is that we learn from one another inc our food diaries - if not LJ now is the time to ban them!!

Glad u found those ingredients - SW and here really encourage us to try new things don't they? And they say that variety is the spice of life - certainly helps me to stay on track! Let us know how the broccoli soup turns out - I often have soup for lunch and inc bits of broccoli but never had it as the main ingredient.

I wd imagine that SW along with counting fat grams is the perfect healthy way to lose weight and u could follow that for life. Let us know how u get on with your weigh in.

Back