LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

CJ and upndown, to answer your questions...

It is a bit of a pain having to weigh everything so I can work out the calories. I don't intend to continue long term. I am just doing it for a couple of weeks or so to give me an idea of my intake.

I like the fact we weigh on Wednesdays instead of Mondays too. It just feels right. Haven't decided whether to go to the group tomorrow night. Will see how I feel when the time comes. I will doing my official weigh in first thing in the morning.

Well the exercise shd burn off more cals!!

Today's been a much better day - thanks for asking - a friend took me out for coffee to the best teashop I know - the cakes are divine - and the decor is all retro chintzy if u know what I mean? Then I went for a walk in the sunshine

I declined on the delish cakes but she bought me and hubby one as a take-out and I'm keeping them for our WI treat - shd think there's about a zillion syns in each slice!

Well done for resisting cake! You enjoy that tomorrow!

The tea shop sounds lovely :) glad you've had a better day today!

It is a bit of a pain having to weigh everything so I can work out the calories. I don't intend to continue long term. I am just doing it for a couple of weeks or so to give me an idea of my intake.

I like the fact we weigh on Wednesdays instead of Mondays too. It just feels right. Haven't decided whether to go to the group tomorrow night. Will see how I feel when the time comes. I will doing my official weigh in first thing in the morning.

Yes decide tomorrow, see how you feel. I like that your morning weigh in is the new official one :) I will report my weigh in first thing :)

Thanks it's an interesting exercise and surprising how low ur cals have been - yet ur full - but don't think I can face weighing everything at the mo - lazy me! It all adds to our learning journey and another step to help us lose the weight and maintain when the time comes!

Hi LJ, CJ, Mo and anyone else reading this - here's how the day went:

b'fast - oats, yog, 2/3 bowl of berries

lunch - 2 Ryvita part HEB, marmite, 1 laughing cow part HEA, 2/3 plate cherry toms and cucumber
SW brownie (1 syn) topped with 1 tsp Nutella, (1 syn) 2/3 bowl berries

tea: Rosemary Conley Quorn chilli - Quorn, red pepper, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, kidney beans, yellow pepper and rice

Total Syns - 4

Drinks, 1 coffee milk HEA, fruit teas, water

Walk - 1 mile

Hello All, good luck for the weigh in tomorrow!! Im sure its going to be good news. I have been scrubbing cupboards, sorting things out, packng, washing etc today. The weather was beautiful and I had washing hanging outside. I showered and washed and styled my hair this afternoon as I looked a real sight!!! and a friend was coming for coffee lol. I feel a bit subdued today but Im probably just tired.
Food today- 2 slices toast. Lunch- butternut squash and sweet potato soup and 2 bread. Tea- chicken (no oil and no skin) , asparagus and peas with gravy.

Hello All, good luck for the weigh in tomorrow!! Im sure its going to be good news. I have been scrubbing cupboards, sorting things out, packng, washing etc today. The weather was beautiful and I had washing hanging outside. I showered and washed and styled my hair this afternoon as I looked a real sight!!! and a friend was coming for coffee lol. I feel a bit subdued today but Im probably just tired.
Food today- 2 slices toast. Lunch- butternut squash and sweet potato soup and 2 bread. Tea- chicken (no oil and no skin) , asparagus and peas with gravy.

Hi - I was just thinking we hadn't heard from u and u popped up! We must be on the same wavelength LOL!

I'm sure u are tired with all the stress of moving - do u have a moving date?

Food is on plan - if u class it as a red day - there's no syns apart from what u put on the toast - impressive! All that work earned u some body magic too!

I just love asparagus!

Hope u enjoyed ur 'spruce up' and ur friend's visit - WI day - fingers crossed for us all - I'm off to bed for a quick read then the land of nod! Night, Night.

I put a laughing cow triangle on one and a scape on and scrape off of lighter than light flora. i love asparagus too. No date for moving yet. I just hope it doesnt fall through.

I put a laughing cow triangle on one and a scape on and scrape off of lighter than light flora. i love asparagus too. No date for moving yet. I just hope it doesnt fall through.

Still on plan with those!! Yes it's a stressful time for you - hope you exchange contracts soon then you can move on with ur life!

Just found a thread full of cakes, puddings etc so delayed bed for a bit!!

Thank you

Hi again - just found a white choc cheesecake recipe - will do that at the wkend I think - if it's any good I'll post the recipe - oooh can't wait - now I'm really, really going to bed!!

Good morning minimins!

Weigh day today... Drum roll.....

1lb off yay! Well I think it was 1lb may have been 3/4 lb lol I'll check last weeks later.

good luck all! Off to work now :)

Good morning minimins!

Weigh day today... Drum roll.....

1lb off yay! Well I think it was 1lb may have been 3/4 lb lol I'll check last weeks later.

good luck all! Off to work now :)

Well done - what's 4 ounces between friends - have a good day!

Success Express is my new best friend - I lost 3lbs this week - good luck for ur WIs ;)

Hello Everyone. I hope you all have had super day. I have been cleaning and packing but I am beginning to see where everything is going. The weather has been wonderful again today.
Food- 2 slices of toast ( 1 laughing cow and 1 lighter than light flora scraped on and off)
ham sandwich with mustard
Cooked chicken with asparagus, peas and gravy followed by blackberries with mullerlight.

Hello Everyone. I hope you all have had super day. I have been cleaning and packing but I am beginning to see where everything is going. The weather has been wonderful again today.
Food- 2 slices of toast ( 1 laughing cow and 1 lighter than light flora scraped on and off)
ham sandwich with mustard
Cooked chicken with asparagus, peas and gravy followed by blackberries with mullerlight.

Mo, can you see the light at the end of the tunnel with your packing yet? Any news on the house sale too? What plan are you following for your food intake? Oops, sorry for so many questions. Just interested!

Hi LJ, CJ, Mo and anyone else reading this - here's how the day went:

b'fast - oats, yog, 2/3 bowl of berries

lunch - 2 Ryvita part HEB, marmite, 1 laughing cow part HEA, 2/3 plate cherry toms and cucumber

tea: Rosemary Conley Quorn chilli - Quorn, red pepper, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, kidney beans, yellow pepper and rice

Total Syns - 4

Drinks, 1 coffee milk HEA, fruit teas, water

Walk - 1 mile

Your food is looking good upndown. What sort of berries do you have and do you soak the oats in the yogurt overnight? I havent tried that but thinking of soaking my muesli in kefir overnight.

Sadly CJ and I are both sensitive to quorn and can't eat it. We get bloating and discomfort in our tummies. I wish we could because it's so low fat and tastes good.

I have had quite a nice day. I didn't have to work all day so I was able to go to Tesco to buy milk for my yogurt and kefir making and treated myself to some strawberries and mangoes. I will use them for making kefir smoothies. I had a smoothie for lunch today instead of soup and it's very filling. I need to find a way to fit the kefir into my day. Perhaps for breakfast. I would like to continue the veggie soup lunches as it is a boost to my superfree intake. Will experiment and see what works best.

Food for today:

Breakfast: yogurt, kefir, honey(1 syn), 30g muesli (HexB)
Lunch: banana and kefir and honey smoothie(1 syn)
Snacks: banana, small handful of black grapes
Dinner: 2 egg omelet, cheese (HexA), mushrooms, onions, SW chips, salad (romaine lettuce and beetroot) (didn't eat it all)
Treat: 2 x small glass of wine (13 syns)

Total calories: 1231 Probably a bit less because I didnt eat all my dinner. Stopped when I was full.

I am getting hooked on the kefir. If you read about all the amazing benefits you might understand why. It's SO easy to make. Much easier even than yogurt. I am going to continue making this forever! Hoping CJ will like it too and even my mother. I will try and find a way of presenting it that she enjoys. It is full of B vitamins which are so important. She eats very little and what she does eat is not great. I think she lives mainly on cheap teacakes. Not the best nutrition! I hope she will be open to a change in her diet. She was happy for me to make the decisions about what we ate when I was there at christmas so I don't think there will be any problems. I think she is happy to have someone take care of her.

144 days left until my permanent move and only 3 weeks until I visit for a long weekend. Yeah! Looking forward to it very much. I can see CJ and her sister too.

Hi LJ -just thought I would take a quick look at your thread. One thing I noticed you said `stopped when I was full`. At the moment I sometimes eat until it hurts. For example, after dinner tonight sat and ate 3 mullerlights just because they were there and now feel a wee bit uncomfortable.

WI in the mornng and optican later. Will have a good look through. Thanks.

Doreen x

Back