LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Oh dear not good news for u - but good that ur planning a red day today - food sounds good - back on the wagon!!

Nuisance that u won't have minis support whilst ur away - does ur DIL have a computer/tablet u cd use? If not - we'll have to have send u with lots of supportive messages on Monday to help to keep u on track whilst ur away!

My son has a computer but I can sign on to sw site, facebook etc but minimins says it does not recognise me. Have sent more than one message to technical but have had no replies, not even `you can`t change it`. Never mind I will put diary on sw while I am away.

There is a sw club on a Wed morning nearby (the Friday one is quite a way away across country) so as I will have done 5 days I will probably go to the Wed one. I will do my utmost to keep the wheelson the wagon :)

My son has a computer but I can sign on to sw site, facebook etc but minimins says it does not recognise me. Have sent more than one message to technical but have had no replies, not even `you can`t change it`. Never mind I will put diary on sw while I am away.

There is a sw club on a Wed morning nearby (the Friday one is quite a way away across country) so as I will have done 5 days I will probably go to the Wed one. I will do my utmost to keep the wheelson the wagon :)

U can do more more than try. Good luck!!!

Just realised I didn't post my total calories for yest - about 1500 calories as I had to guesstimate some! Yes that was high and too many carbs - which I enjoyed whilst eating but made me feel sluggish later - back to Success Exp today!

Yesterday I went on a 1 hour walk with a friend - we're aiming for 3 early morning walks a week - we live at the top of a hill near an ancient woodland - there's a lovely but hilly circular path overlooking the sea - we're both hoping the walks will be good for our thighs!

Hope everyone has a good day.

You lucky girl! :) When you have such beautiful places to walk it makes it so enjoyable and having company will help. When one of you doesn't feel like going you will go because of not letting the other down. Good plan, upndown!

Did you measure the route? There are loads of smartphone apps to do that for you. CJ and I use Map My Walk. One of the great things about that is that you can compete against yourself.

I put on 3.5 pounds over the last two weeks. 1 stone on in total since July last. Feeling really p***ed off. Having said that it is me who puts the food in my mouth.

To top it off my DIL has asked me to go and look after grandchildren from Tues till Sat. Not usually very good when I go up there, also cannot get onto minis when away from home on my travel computer which is a pain.

Got a lot of encouragement from class, which is nice.

I am planning a red day today. Just got home from club so am going to have a late breakfast of eggs, bacon mushroom and tomatoes. Will have chicken & veg for dinner.

Doreen, I am putting myself in your shoes and thinking about what I would do. I think the only option is to draw a line under all the past weight gains and off plan times and pledge to begin again. Every day is a chance to start afresh. You can do this if you feel ready. I hope some of our motivation can rub off onto you and help you get back on plan and start seeing the pounds melt away again.

Just after I started SW I went to stay with my mother for four weeks. I fed her SW meals as they are healthy for us all. Perhaps you could do that when you are staying with your grandchildren? Are they young enough to eat what they are given? It could be a good, educational week for them. Perhaps they could help with the cooking. Obviously I have no idea what age they are or their circumstances. Apologies if my comments are totally unrealistic. Just trying to help.

On the subject of the problem getting on minimins with your travel computer, perhaps I can help solve that before you go. Computers are my field so let me know what the problem is when you try to get on. PM me if you prefer and I will do my best to help you so that you can stay in touch with us while you are away.

You sound organised today with your red day plan. How has it gone?

Hello hello Upd :D, I found you ! Well done on your 3lb loss this week hun, that's fab !! :p Looks like the success express worked wonders ! Might give it a go myself :) . Sorry your white choc cheesecake didn't go to plan, but good news is there are plenty other flavour combos to try out with the choc options, I love cheesecake ! :drool: . Hope your having a fab day on plan hun ! Fingers crossed for another smashing loss for you this week ! :p

Kay xx

Hello Kay. Welcome to the madhouse! :) I hope you will join in with us on this thread. We are a friendly bunch and we love to chat about weight loss issues, and anything else you want to talk about. I am a big fan of upndown. She always has interesting things to say. Never a dull moment!

Oh and I love your bunny! I am a big animal lover.

Hello All. Well the house is clear apart from the things which are going into storage. Ive worked all day and feel really tired now. Still no news on the sale.
Food today- 2 weightwatchers malted danish bread toasted ( 1 laughing cow and 1 flora lighter than light). Lunch- Ainsley Harriet lentil dahl (high fibre very low fat). Melon. Tea- 1 slice of toast with heinz 5 beanz. I have some red berries defrsting to have with mullernlght for supper. Hope you all have had a great day. Upndown the route of your walk sounds beutiful.

Evening all!

Wow so many posts to catch up and some new "faces"! Welcome newcomers :)

Sorry I was not about yesterday, I forgot I had a birthday meal out for a friend. We went out for an Indian. I decided to treat myself to what I really wanted. Tikka masala, egg fried rice, peshwari naan... *drools* lol it was yummy! Luckily small portions so I wasn't stuffed. But I enjoyed every last bit lol I weighed this morning to check for damage.. Only 1/4lb on so I can live with that. Back on track today.

Breakfast banana, 2xplums

Snack - Banana

Lunch - jacket potato, beans, cheese (hexa)

snack - banana, 2x Alpen light bars (hexb)

tea - Pasta, tomato pasta sauce (3syns), cheese (5syns), salad leaves, cucumber, peppers, sweetcorn

3 marshmallows (3syns?)

11 syns total

How is everyone's day going?

Mo sorry to hear about your house, I hope it all gets sorted and the move goes ahead.

Upndown your doing well with your walks. Your route sounds lovely! I am about an hour away from the closest beach.. I love the sea.

LJ I am looking forward to trying your kefir! It sounds good stuff, I will have a little read all about it :)

Hello All. Well the house is clear apart from the things which are going into storage. Ive worked all day and feel really tired now. Still no news on the sale.
Food today- 2 weightwatchers malted danish bread toasted ( 1 laughing cow and 1 flora lighter than light). Lunch- Ainsley Harriet lentil dahl (high fibre very low fat). Melon. Tea- 1 slice of toast with heinz 5 beanz. I have some red berries defrsting to have with mullernlght for supper. Hope you all have had a great day. Upndown the route of your walk sounds beutiful.

Another low food day - u shd have a good WI next week! It must be frustrating about the house - what's ur solicitor's take on it?

Its quite complicated and at the moment the estate agent is doing the communication.

Evening all!

Wow so many posts to catch up and some new "faces"! Welcome newcomers :)

Sorry I was not about yesterday, I forgot I had a birthday meal out for a friend. We went out for an Indian. I decided to treat myself to what I really wanted. Tikka masala, egg fried rice, peshwari naan... *drools* lol it was yummy! Luckily small portions so I wasn't stuffed. But I enjoyed every last bit lol I weighed this morning to check for damage.. Only 1/4lb on so I can live with that. Back on track today.

Breakfast banana, 2xplums

Snack - Banana

Lunch - jacket potato, beans, cheese (hexa)

snack - banana, 2x Alpen light bars (hexb)

tea - Pasta, tomato pasta sauce (3syns), cheese (5syns), salad leaves, cucumber, peppers, sweetcorn

3 marshmallows (3syns?)

11 syns total

How is everyone's day going?

Mo sorry to hear about your house, I hope it all gets sorted and the move goes ahead.

Upndown your doing well with your walks. Your route sounds lovely! I am about an hour away from the closest beach.. I love the sea.

LJ I am looking forward to trying your kefir! It sounds good stuff, I will have a little read all about it :)

Hi - u've done well again today - and glad u had a good night out - Weds is the best night to have a meal out too!

I'm fine - I had my walk but the sunshine turned to mist/fog still enjoyable - rather atmospheric! Hopefully an hour's hilly walk burnt some cals! Hope everyone has a good day 2moro!

Its quite complicated and at the moment the estate agent is doing the communication.

Well at least there's communication then - a difficult time for u - so ur doing really well to manage ur food at this time.

Evening Upd :D I think you missed my message, I posted earlier :). Hope your having lovely evening hun .

Kay xx

Evening Upd :D I think you missed my message, I posted earlier :). Hope your having lovely evening hun .

Kay xx

Hi Kay - sorry I haven't see ur message yet I've not long arrived home - I've been out most of the afternoon - glad ur found LJ's lovely thread - I'm sure you'll enjoy it - know ur playing catch up at the mo! I'll look for ur message now!

How are you today, upndown? Back on the SE? It's working so well for you!

Yes back on SE today - it does suit me in all ways! Will post diary shortly.

Hello hello Upd :D, I found you ! Well done on your 3lb loss this week hun, that's fab !! :p Looks like the success express worked wonders ! Might give it a go myself :) . Sorry your white choc cheesecake didn't go to plan, but good news is there are plenty other flavour combos to try out with the choc options, I love cheesecake ! :drool: . Hope your having a fab day on plan hun ! Fingers crossed for another smashing loss for you this week ! :p

Kay xx

Hi - found ur message at last! glad u found our gang! Yes Succ Exp is def worth a go!

I can't give up on cheesecake - just that one but that was probably my poor cooking!

Yes I'm back on Succ Exp after my WI day off! Thanks for ur good wishes!

My food for today.

Breakfast: yogurt, muesli (hexb), honey (1 syn)
Snack: 2 small bananas
Lunch: kefir and mango smoothie
Dinner: Chicken curry, brown rice, salad
Evening treat: small glass white wine (6.5 syns)

Felt a bit hungry today but resisted giving in to temptation. Fizzy water helps fill the gap.

It's good to see u eating 'normally' again - isn't it strange that some days we're full on almost nothing then at other times we get hungry on more food?

Here's my food for my UNINTENTIONAL BANANA & CHOC THEMED DAY!

b'fast: oats HEB, berries, yog, choc chips (1 syn)

lunch: 2 Ryvita part HEB, laughing cow part HEA, cucumber, banana and yog

tea: leftover quorn chilli with least 2/3 veg and rice
SW brownie (last one - well worth making!) banana, tsp (less than 0.75 syn!) of Choc Shot.....

....is a liquid choc to make drink choc but can be used as a sauce - I'm not that keen on the taste as a sauce and as it's 3 syns for a drink choc won't be having that too often! Some people rave about it so I bought it and at £3.59 - I'll have to use it all up!!

Treat: Cadbury's mini roll (5 syns - def not worth it!)

Drinks: 1 tea - milk part HEA, water - not enough fluid today!

Total Syns = 6.75 so might as well say 7

Last edited:
Well stuck to it today. Not hungry but want to eat so have decided it s bed time. In the morning will pop to sw club to see some of my old SW mates. Used to always go on a Friday but I go to Zumba Gold for 11am so don`t so often on a Friday now.

Will be good to catch up. After Zumba T in the local garden centre. No chips for me tho`. Then off to get some chicken and eggs in Lidles. Will need to take some stuff tomy sons house next week. Must make the effort to walk the dog while the children are at school.

Off to bed before I start eating again

Well stuck to it today. Not hungry but want to eat so have decided it s bed time. In the morning will pop to sw club to see some of my old SW mates. Used to always go on a Friday but I go to Zumba Gold for 11am so don`t so often on a Friday now.

Will be good to catch up. After Zumba T in the local garden centre. No chips for me tho`. Then off to get some chicken and eggs in Lidles. Will need to take some stuff tomy sons house next week. Must make the effort to walk the dog while the children are at school.

Off to bed before I start eating again

Well done for sticking with it today. Get a few more good days under your belt and you will be back in the swing of it and it will get easier.

Good idea to get to bed away from the food. That is a tactic I use myself at times. Sleep well and I hope your motivation will increase day by day.

Back