LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

A busy day again for u and a 4 mile walk - u deserve a great loss this week! Whoops on the brownie link - not sure what happened there - I made some more today but family have eaten a lot!! I put some baking powder in and add 25g of apricots and 25g chopped nuts (each a HExB) - I think to get 25 - they'd be ice cube size - I get 12 out of the mixture - here's the link: Slimming World Chocolate Brownies - 1/2 Syn Each - Makes 25 Brownies If u cd see my garden u wdn't call me a guru but I enjoy gardening and stick to the easy stuff!

These sound like they are like the cake in a mug! Very similar ingredients. I will be giving these a try with the quark topping :)

These sound like they are like the cake in a mug! Very similar ingredients. I will be giving these a try with the quark topping :)

Yes try the topping - I wasn't keen - they keep at least a week in a plastic box - that's if others don't develop a taste for them LOL! Just made some sesame bars but didn't work out syns b4-hand - they're 1 HEB plus 1 syn!! Hope the family like them more than the brownies!!

Hi Everyone - wkend drawing to a close - hope u've all had a good one. But as we've not heard from u LJ hoping ur having fun but concerned u may still be unwell? If so, hope ur feeling better in the morning.

Here's my food for the day:

brunch: carrot and coriander soup - pear

tea: c & c soup, 2 Ryvita (half HEB)
SW turkey curry inc 2/3 superfree veg onions, leftover lettuce, cabbage & carrots with rice
SW brownie (1 syn) berries and yog

Drinks - 3 fruit teas (900 ml water) 5 glasses water (1L) 1 cup of coffee ss milk (part HEA)So managed CJ's water challenge - whew!

Treat: home made sesame seed bar (1 HEB) + half a syn

TOTAL SYNS = 1.5 syns

Last edited:
Hi guys Im getting there Ive got to last weeks posts now but really can't read anymore. New week for me tomorrow, see how I weigh in the morning.
Gnight all.
x

Hi guys Im getting there Ive got to last weeks posts now but really can't read anymore. New week for me tomorrow, see how I weigh in the morning.
Gnight all.
x

Gosh u must be a quick reader to get to last week!

I dont mess about.... x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hello all. I have not been feeling well all day. Didn't really do anything but sit around watching films on Netflix. Those Pringles have a lot to answer for and they will not be passing my lips again anytime soon. I still feel thirsty despite drinking lots of water today and I felt weak and lethargic. I went outside to go for a walk in the sunshine this afternoon but I didn't get far before I turned and came home again.

The carb cravings have continued too. I tried to ignore them but when they were too strong I ate bananas. So I have had four bananas today. I had bread with my lunchtime soup so thats more carbs and I had pasta for my tea. Hoping tomorrow I will be over that. I don't know how many syns I have had but I know it's 1500 calories. Could be worse so I am not going to worry about it. Fresh start strictly on plan from tomorrow. I may also stop the calorie counting because it worried me today when I knew the total was getting too high. If I was just following the EE SW plan I would not have worried as I was on plan.

Apologies again for not commenting on everyones posts but I just wanted to show my face and let you know why I have been quiet. I love seeing all the posts going on here. We have a nice group of people!

Hello all. I have not been feeling well all day. Didn't really do anything but sit around watching films on Netflix. Those Pringles have a lot to answer for and they will not be passing my lips again anytime soon. I still feel thirsty despite drinking lots of water today and I felt weak and lethargic. I went outside to go for a walk in the sunshine this afternoon but I didn't get far before I turned and came home again.

The carb cravings have continued too. I tried to ignore them but when they were too strong I ate bananas. So I have had four bananas today. I had bread with my lunchtime soup so thats more carbs and I had pasta for my tea. Hoping tomorrow I will be over that. I don't know how many syns I have had but I know it's 1500 calories. Could be worse so I am not going to worry about it. Fresh start strictly on plan from tomorrow. I may also stop the calorie counting because it worried me today when I knew the total was getting too high. If I was just following the EE SW plan I would not have worried as I was on plan.

Apologies again for not commenting on everyones posts but I just wanted to show my face and let you know why I have been quiet. I love seeing all the posts going on here. We have a nice group of people!

Hi - sorry that u've had such a rough day - aren't our bodies strange the way they dictate what we eat at times - good job u had the bananas in - and 1500 cals is a long way from a bad day.

On a green day I think a lot of us take in a lot of carbs so that shd be ok. Hope u have a settled night and feel much better 2moro.

Hello All. Sorry you have felt so poorly today LJ. I hope you feel better tomorrow. Everyone seems so very busy. I did housework this morning . This afternoon I went to visit my friend and we have sat and gossiped for hours.
Food today- 2 slices of toast.Lunch- 3 rice cakes with tinned white crab. Dinner- roast beef {no fat), jacket potato, lots of sprouts and gravy.
Im back to house sorting tomorrow but Ive enjoyed my weekend away.

Last edited:
Hello All. Sorry you have felt so poorly today LJ. I hope you feel better tomorrow. Everyone seems so very busy. I did housework this morning . This afternoon I went to visit my friend and we have sat and gossiped for hours.
Food today- 2 slices of toast.Lunch- 3 rice cakes with tinned white crab. Dinner- roast beef {no fat), jacket potato, lots of sprouts and gravy.
Im back to bouse sorting tomorrow but Ive enjoyed my weekend away.

Well done for staying on plan whilst u were away - and the chat with ur friend will have done u good I'm sure!

Hello Upndown. Yes it was lovely to sit and chat. We finished a crossword too. It was just good company. Smashing.

Food today is sausages, eggs,tom & mush with toast for breakfast.
Ham salad for lunch with egg, cheese, beetroot etc. & some salad cream.
Dinner is going to be chicken thighs with piri piri seasoning on them with roast potato & cabbage. Will alsohave fruit & yogurt.

Am updating the food from Sunday. I was hungry before bed so had a ham sarni with salad cream
Syns for the day was 11.5 so tht`s ok

Food today is sausages, eggs,tom & mush with toast for breakfast.
Ham salad for lunch with egg, cheese, beetroot etc. & some salad cream.
Dinner is going to be chicken thighs with piri piri seasoning on them with roast potato & cabbage. Will alsohave fruit & yogurt.

Am updating the food from Sunday. I was hungry before bed so had a ham sarni with salad cream
Syns for the day was 11.5 so tht`s ok

Another good day - ur getting into ur stride now! When is ur weigh in day?

Morning Everyone - LJ hope ur feeling better today?

And that u all have a good day.

Thanks to CJ for sending the lovely weather up here - hope u kept some for urself?

Hi upndown they brownies sound good, it is something I could make with the g.children while up there this week.

Bubble - have not read all the posts from the begining, will give it a go if computer works while away.

LJ hope you feeling better now,

Upndown - I usually get weighed on Thursday morning sometimes friday morning, As I am away this week I have to decide whether to get weighed local in Haverhill on Wed and have 8 days to next weigh in or leave it till Friday and go to Saffron Walden a good 20mins from haverill so I would only have 6 days till the next one.

The weather here is quite bright but to chilli to go out without a coat.

Have a good day everyone. I am going to start packing.

Doreen x

Hi upndown they brownies sound good, it is something I could make with the g.children while up there this week.

Bubble - have not read all the posts from the begining, will give it a go if computer works while away.

LJ hope you feeling better now,

Upndown - I usually get weighed on Thursday morning sometimes friday morning, As I am away this week I have to decide whether to get weighed local in Haverhill on Wed and have 8 days to next weigh in or leave it till Friday and go to Saffron Walden a good 20mins from haverill so I would only have 6 days till the next one.

The weather here is quite bright but to chilli to go out without a coat.

Have a good day everyone. I am going to start packing.

Doreen x

Yes the brownies are good - the children might like some Nutella on the top to make them a bit sweeter!

I have a close friend living in Newport near Saffron Walden - it's a nice part of the world - enjoy ur trip.

And good luck with ur weigh in - wherever u choose to go!

Morning everyone. After all that wheat yesterday my tummy is complaining. Bloated and uncomfortable. I have a wheat sensitivity like CJ. But today is a new day and I am on plan and wheat free again. I had a kefir and prune smoothie for breakfast. It was so delicious! Prunes HexB and the kefir I count as free yogurt. One tsp honey 1 syn.

I am off to work shortly. Planning soup for lunch, maybe a banana too. Dinner tonight will be something from my freezer with some brown rice. I am glad to be back on track and hope by tomorrow I will feel well again.

Doreen, did you try resetting your Minimins password with the link I sent you? I am sure you can get on here while you are away. If you get it working on your travel laptop before you go, it will be fine when you are there.

No sunshine here today but it's mild. I will try and be motivated to walk to work this afternoon. One mile round trip. I want to get to 100 miles by the beginning of August when I move.

Have a lovely day everybody. Let's do CJ's litre of water challenge again today?

Doreen, did you try resetting your Minimins password with the link I sent you? I am sure you can get on here while you are away. If you get it working on your travel laptop before you go, it will be fine when you are there.

LJ This is what they sent me.
I know I am typing it in correctly on my other computer and all they seem to be offering me is a new password.

I have been told - may not be correct - that you can do minimins on a computer and an Ipad and an app but not on 2 different computers.

You have requested to reset your password on MiniMins.com because you have forgotten your password. If you did not request this, please ignore it. It will expire and become useless in 24 hours time.

To reset your password, please visit the following page:
http://www.minimins.com/login.php?a=pwd&u=107379&i=9d51451476a1c86151b18076899a997280566cf1

When you visit that page, your password will be reset, and the new password will be emailed to you.

Your username is: Nanny Doreen -- there is not a space in my username

To edit your profile, go to this page:
http://www.minimins.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Oh I don`t think I wll bother anymore, just use this one when I am home or maybe take both and see if this one works,

Last edited:
Doreen, don't give up. Don't know why someone told you you can't log in on two computers. I am testing it right now. Sending this from my PC and am still logged in on my ipad and my laptop with no problems. If you are not able to login on your travel computer then you are typing something wrong. On Minimins your username shows as Nanny Doreen with a space. Try using that.

What sort of computer is the one you are taking with you?

Back