LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Aww Kay, loving the bunny in glasses!

Mo, sorry to hear your day was even tougher than usual. Hope the stress will soon be over for you.

CJ, you funny thing being jealous of someone eating the lunch you eat nearly every work day! LOL.

Bubble, upndown, doreen, coughdrops....

How is everyone else? Where are you all?

My food for today:

Breakfast: kefir and prune smoothie. No honey today, it tasted great without.
Lunch: veg soup, banana x 2
Dinner: lamb stew and rice from freezer.

Didn't calorie count today. Don't see the point anymore. I proved to myself that this is a low calorie way of eating so back to just following the EE plan.

My breakfast was my HexA and HexB so I completed the challenge too. I drank about a litre of fluid so not great but at least it was something.

I am terrified of weigh in tomorrow but well, it has to be faced. Hope I get a nice surprise but I am not confident. A sts would be good.

I have my eye on a new kitchen gadget. I love my gadgets and there will be plenty of room in my mothers kitchen for them all! Hehe! The new gadget I want is a NutriBullet to make my smoothies in. At the mo I use my mini chopper that CJ got me for christmas. It works great as a smoothie maker but I usually overflow it as it is a very small volume. A NutriBullet is good because you use the container as the cup to drink from. Less mess and less washing up.

I have my eye on a new kitchen gadget. I love my gadgets and there will be plenty of room in my mothers kitchen for them all! Hehe! The new gadget I want is a NutriBullet to make my smoothies in. At the mo I use my mini chopper that CJ got me for christmas. It works great as a smoothie maker but I usually overflow it as it is a very small volume. A NutriBullet is good because you use the container as the cup to drink from. Less mess and less washing up.

ive seen the advert for those! They do look good for smoothies! I think you NEED one hehe

lol lol lol I really think this smoothie maker, new gadget needs buying. Im convinced even if nobody else is lol

Hope everyone's had a good day!? I hope Doreen is able to access here and Mo has had a less stressful day. CJ & LJ I've had an idea to help to remind myself about water - the children have some v small fridge magnets so I've put 5 on one side of the door & have moved them to the other side when I have a drink!

If it wasn't an HE challenge today I don't think I'd have had any - other than the one I count towards the apricots/nuts in my brownies!!

LJ raised the issue of not having HEAs and I'm the same but have lots of yog, from frais and quark and also take Vit D & calcium tabs as I have osteopenia (precursor of osteoporosis inherited from grandmother & mother - luckily science in my mother's lifetime meant she diagnosed early & wasn't badly affected. I'm fine too (at the mo!) So consider I'm getting my HEAs but not under SW rules and as LJ said it seems pointless eating a piece of cheese just to comply when ur not hungry!!

I went for a blood pressure check at the doc's today - I've had to take medication since my 20s - high BP from my grandmother, mother & 1 of my sons' has it. Nurse said mine was perfect today! She didn't weigh me but asked my weight & measured my waist & said it was in the healthy range! I told her it wdn't have been a few weeks ago!

Noticed that my purple broccoli is finally pulling its finger out, the leaves have been there for ages and it's been the right height too but no heads (sowed it well over a year ago!) I've not grown it b4 & I didn't sow much - but will have to plan a celebratory meal when it's ready!!

My food:

B: berries and yog

L: boiled egg, lettuce, tomatoes, pepper, cucumber and balsamic vinegar

Snack: Brownie 1 HEB and 1 syn, orange and yog

T: turkey, cauli, broccoli (s/market!), Brussels & carrots, gravy 1 syn
Sesame bar 1 HEB and 1 syn, berries and yog

Drinks: 1 coffee 75 ml ss milk (part HEA) 5 x 200ml water - 1L whew - may have more later!

Apols for the long post - but think this will be the only one from me today - apart from replies to u all if I get a chance Poppy (8) is here tonight!

Mad day for me today so haven't been online. Im just popping in to wish the weighers good luck tomorrow. Whatever the result you are doing your best and thats what counts. :)

Hello. Ive just added a post to a thread 'Unpaid SW consultants'. Id be interested to know your views if you get time to read it.

Hello. Ive just added a post to a thread 'Unpaid SW consultants'. Id be interested to know your views if you get time to read it.

Hi Mo - I'd love to read it - but can't find it - but I'm still not familiar with the site - I looked under SW Off Topic but no! Please help!!

Mad day for me today so haven't been online. Im just popping in to wish the weighers good luck tomorrow. Whatever the result you are doing your best and thats what counts. :)

Hi - Thx for ur good wishes - I feel thinner and I've been busy this week so pretty much on Sexpress plan so hoping for a loss but like you, keep surprising myself how full I feel on this plan!!

I've not had much time on here today either - will stay on now until I get too tired! I'll pop over to 'see' u in a minute to see what u've been up to!!

Hello Upndown. Ive just been looking at that link and ts really good. I think i need to be looking at the frozen sausage. Thanks for all the suggestions.

I thought that too - but just check the syn values as it's an old link - I don't want to be responsible for any disappointed friends on WI day!! Yes I freeze things in portions cos it's more convenient - but I get cross with myself when my labelling's not clear or falls off!!

Hi. Go to to the Slimming World Page. Go down to where the sticky and threads are, keep going down and there is a red envelope and unpaid SW consultants. hope this helps

Go on go for it - u know u want to - u have our approval if that helps and good for ur Mum's health too - and will have CJ and her sister popping in more often too!

Aww Kay, loving the bunny in glasses!

Mo, sorry to hear your day was even tougher than usual. Hope the stress will soon be over for you.

CJ, you funny thing being jealous of someone eating the lunch you eat nearly every work day! LOL.

Bubble, upndown, doreen, coughdrops....

How is everyone else? Where are you all?

My food for today:

Breakfast: kefir and prune smoothie. No honey today, it tasted great without.
Lunch: veg soup, banana x 2
Dinner: lamb stew and rice from freezer.

Didn't calorie count today. Don't see the point anymore. I proved to myself that this is a low calorie way of eating so back to just following the EE plan.

My breakfast was my HexA and HexB so I completed the challenge too. I drank about a litre of fluid so not great but at least it was something.

I am terrified of weigh in tomorrow but well, it has to be faced. Hope I get a nice surprise but I am not confident. A sts would be good.

Please don't be terrified of WI - u've done so well up to now and u only had 1 day off plan didn't u? And we'll make sure that ur new WI master treats u kindly LOL!

Another good day as well for u today - I always find Tuesdays easier - but a bit late if I've I had a naughty week!!

I had a glance earlier on a thread talking about the v few unhealthy things about SW plans - like sweeteners, processed foods etc - didn't have time to read much - but I'll go back and check it out either tonight or 2moro - I'll post the link if I think it's worth passing on.

Good luck to all of us weighing 2moro - and for those weighing later in the week.

Mo, you say you had too much bread today and I know you are so busy and under a lot of stress. Just wondered if you had time to substitute some of that bread for other carbs. Do you like porridge? That makes a nice, satisfying breakfast that keeps you full for a long time. You can make it with water for a low fat meal. Or how about Ryvita? I like the ones with seeds and herbs, spread with low fat flavoured cottage cheese or Philadelphia. Yummy and quick! Just my twopennyworth...

Oooh no wonder I'm overweight - I only have to read about food (almost any kind!) and I want to eat it - good job it's WI's 2moro cos even tho' I've had my both my HEBs I'd be in the Ryvita box and spreading with Marmite, Nutella, Philli, honey...... Mmmmmm....

Evening all!

Quiet on the posting front today?? I hope your all ok!

very good sausage post there Upndown , I will have a look at the link in a minute.

Another busy work day. I finished at 5, so it feels much later but it's nice that I'm home, housework done, tea eaten and I can relax!

A bit of a funny food day today lol

Breakfast - cheese scone

Snack - banana

Lunch - jacket potato, beans, cheese (hexa)

snack - grapes

Tea - cheese (5syns) salad wrap (hexb), rustic chips (3syns), salad, beet root, cucumber, a few beans, mayo (1syn)

the wrap was for lunch, but then my friend was having jacket potato and I got jealous lol! So I thought I'd have it for tea. Was actually nice with chips.

Weigh day tomorrow.... Eeeek! I'm scared I don't feel smaller, in fact I feel heavier lol but I'm hoping that's in my mind.

I managed both hex today! Challenge complete! I also managed 1.5L at work and will have some more tonight.

How has everyones day been?

So we have a 'terrified mother' and a 'scared daughter' all cos of WI day - my feelings range from controlled when I've been on plan to almost mental when I know I've not - relatively calm today!!

Isn't it funny how we feel fat then thin on different days - u've been posting good on plan days and exercising like crazy so u deserve a lossh! Water retention can be a nuisance tho' but it always come off the foll week if u don't binge like I've done too many times!

Yes the sausage link had me drooling (again) but as I've mentioned pls check syn values as it's an old link!!

I did ok on the water and I've mentioned the HEs in my post so won't repeat here. Keep everything crossed for nice numbers on the scales in the morning!!

Good Evening All. You sound as though youve had a very productive day CJ. Ive had a pretty horrid day really. Problems with the house sale. Finding builders. Very stressful so glad its evening.
Food today- 2 slices of toast. Lunch- butternut squash ans sweet potato soup, blackberries and mullerlight yoghurt. .tea- 2 beef and cracked pepper sausages, large quantity of mushrooms and onions fried in frylight, Ainsley Hariots bulgar wheat and mushroom. Mango.
Tomorrow morning is my morning for weighing at the Doctors so fingers crossed. How is everyone else? Happy I hope.

Oh I'm sorry to hear u've had another tough day - esp about the house sale - it's so stressful and I'll repeat what I'm thinking - that ur doing so well to keep on plan! Surely u'll have good news when u step on the doctor's scales!!

Your food sounds really nice - isn't SW a good way of eating! I'll look for ur post after trip to the Doc's and hope u have a better day 2moro.

Hi - as u say ur first glitch and ur back on track now - so here's to ur usual good loss next week - well done for having such a positive attitude - I need to copy that next time I have a gain!

Back