LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

I am home from work and uber stressed as things are too quiet on the work front this month. I may have to dip into savings to pay my bills. I know, I know, I should not have bought the Nutribullet but I absolutely love it already. This is going to be in daily use for sure.

This morning I used it to make a smoothie containing banana, grapes, romaine lettuce (best nutrients of any lettuce), kefir. Delish!

For lunch I ate a Tesco feta and sun-dried tomato pasta salad. Not sure how many syns. Must look that up. Will report back later with a proper account of my food for today. Feeling good though. Is it a placebo effect of the green smoothies, or a real effect...

I lost 5lbs :wow::bliss:

Can`t tell you how surprised I was. Never expected that much. Like a 1st week again.

Must look back over what I have eaten over the week - would like another 2lb next week.
Slow down Dor just be careful what you eat eh?

Wow that is really amazing and motivating too. Well done. Well done to the 'losers' this week, and really nice to see the determination to u-turn the gain results from others.
Im still getting to know you havent really had a chance to catch up with all the posts yet but will do soon.
Keep going everyone you are a lovely little team working closely together, its fab!
Have a great weekend. x

Hi all!

Just a quick post, I'm off out tonight. I will not pretend I shall be sticking to my syns lol although I haven't had any all day, so hope I won't go to crazy.

I have a dress I bought last year, that I love it was a size 14, which was amazing at the time! Anyway.. Today I was shopping and saw it in the sale... Size 12.. £5 now.. So I bought it lol it fits!!! :) happy bunny! Luckily I did as I left my other at my friends house last time we went out as I was debating outfits lol and she can't find it anywhere!

I weighed again this morning, 1/2lb down again. Now at 10st 11 yay! So 1 more lb and I'm at the 1 stone mark! Then 2 more lbs and I'll be at club 10. Exciting times!

Upndown your 15min challenge. I speed walked round town and then purposely parked at the top of the multi-storey car park and walked down and up lots of flights of stairs to!

I half wrote this and forgot to send lol

Have a good evening all! :)

Woohoo Doreen! Well done you! See? You can do it! Keep up the good work for another good result next week. :)

Wow Nanny D!!! That's amazing!! Big big well done! :)

Thank you, thank you. It`s so nice that somebody notices. xxxx

Hello Everyone. Wow Doreen your weightloss was brilliant!!! Well done!! Everyone seems so very busy. I must admit I envied the size 12 ! lol. I had a busy morning but Im home again for a few days and cant wait to go swimming tomorrow morning.
Food today- 2 slices of toast. Lunch- trout , rice with peas and corn and kidney beans. Tea- 3 rice cakes, 1 laughing cow triangle, r#spberries and muller light.

Hi all!

Just a quick post, I'm off out tonight. I will not pretend I shall be sticking to my syns lol although I haven't had any all day, so hope I won't go to crazy.

I have a dress I bought last year, that I love it was a size 14, which was amazing at the time! Anyway.. Today I was shopping and saw it in the sale... Size 12.. £5 now.. So I bought it lol it fits!!! :) happy bunny! Luckily I did as I left my other at my friends house last time we went out as I was debating outfits lol and she can't find it anywhere!

I weighed again this morning, 1/2lb down again. Now at 10st 11 yay! So 1 more lb and I'm at the 1 stone mark! Then 2 more lbs and I'll be at club 10. Exciting times!

Upndown your 15min challenge. I speed walked round town and then purposely parked at the top of the multi-storey car park and walked down and up lots of flights of stairs to!

I half wrote this and forgot to send lol

Have a good evening all! :)

By the time u read this I hope u've had a good night out! How lovely to be in a size 12 & no longer need the 'lost' dress!! Well done and as u say ur 1 stone is next closely followed by ur Club 10 - u'll have to have at least 2 more nights out to celebrate!!

Well done on ur challenge - mine was unplanned but I definitely managed at least 4 hours of something out of the ordinary and def qualifies for body magic - today I was in charge of the grandchildren Isabel, 12 (Teachers' Training Day no school and Owen, 2) so planned a walk on the prom/beach but it was rather cold/windy so took them to an indoor play centre - so was chasing/carrying Owen down the chutes and up the ladders and had lots of fun in the ball pool - don't know who enjoyed it most!! Had lunch there and avoided the tempting chips, chocs & cakes!

Then picked Poppy from school and when she found out what we'd been doing - she wanted to go too - so back we went and had fun all over again. Shattered now tho!

B: yog and berries

L: large baked potato, cheddar cheese & onion asked 2 b served sep - est @ 35g? HEA, large salad

T: carrot & lentil soup with sliced veggie sausage 1.5 syns (made a turkey/ham pie for family but didn't fancy it!

Kinder choc - 3.5 syns

TOTAL SYNS - 5

Drinks - not done well on H20 challenge will try to drink more later! 600ml water, fruit tea 300ml, 2 coffees/milk (didn't ask type) part HEA + poss syns

Exercise - loads!!

Hello Everyone. Wow Doreen your weightloss was brilliant!!! Well done!! Everyone seems so very busy. I must admit I envied the size 12 ! lol. I had a busy morning but Im home again for a few days and cant wait to go swimming tomorrow morning.
Food today- 2 slices of toast. Lunch- trout , rice with peas and corn and kidney beans. Tea- 3 rice cakes, 1 laughing cow triangle, r#spberries and muller light.
Hi - glad ur home plus ur able to have ur swims which I hope will relax u - but pity it's only for a few days - how are u feeling?

Another good food day - ur doing well esp with all u have on! Take care.

Thank you. I feel very tired with it all and just want it over. lol. I hope the food eaten leads to weight loss

I lost 5lbs :wow::bliss:

Can`t tell you how surprised I was. Never expected that much. Like a 1st week again.

Must look back over what I have eaten over the week - would like another 2lb next week.
Slow down Dor just be careful what you eat eh?

Wow indeed - that's amazing - very pleased for you well done that takes a lot of doing!! Think we shd all look at ur food diary for the last week too!

Thank you. I feel very tired with it all and just want it over. lol. I hope the food eaten leads to weight loss
I'm sure u must be shattered - at least u'll get some swims in whilst ur at home - yes u've had a good week from what I remember of ur posts so u deserve a good loss - I'm usre u'll let us know as soon as u can!!

I am home from work and uber stressed as things are too quiet on the work front this month. I may have to dip into savings to pay my bills. I know, I know, I should not have bought the Nutribullet but I absolutely love it already. This is going to be in daily use for sure.

This morning I used it to make a smoothie containing banana, grapes, romaine lettuce (best nutrients of any lettuce), kefir. Delish!

For lunch I ate a Tesco feta and sun-dried tomato pasta salad. Not sure how many syns. Must look that up. Will report back later with a proper account of my food for today. Feeling good though. Is it a placebo effect of the green smoothies, or a real effect...

Sorry to hear about work, I hope things improve soon - my husband has worked for himself since 1979 and one of my sons recently struck out on his own - so I know how concerning it can be as well as the many advantages.

Pls don't chastise urself about ur purchase - u work hard and ur putting it to good use - to contribute to ur health mission!

Ur question about the placebo effect - not 100% sure - but smoothies must be better that diet drinks, too tea & coffee, processed yogurts and so many other things we've probably all eaten in the past - so u shd be beginning to feel the positive effect surely?? I think we probably all know how yuck we feel after a junk food binge!

Good morning. Ive just weighed and I havent lost any weight this week. I was the same weight as I was at the doctors when fully clothed!! Oh dear.

Good morning. Ive just weighed and I havent lost any weight this week. I was the same weight as I was at the doctors when fully clothed!! Oh dear.

That`s a shame Mo. Was it the same time of day because it can make a difference. Despite the clothes it still doesn`t show a gain so maybe take that as a positive sign and carry on.

I am going home today, but on the way I will be taking my grand daughter to her dance lesson. I will have breakfast while I am there. Egg, bacon & tomato and a slice of toast. I will have to trim my own bacon.

I need to put yesterdays food on here, but will do that along with todays when home. Have a good week Mo.

Thank you for the encouragement Doreen .It is much appreciated. :)

Well that seems odd ur food has looked on plan this week I think? Could it be that there's a difference in the 2 sets of scales??

It is disappointing when we don't see a loss on the scales - but do u notice any difference like looser waistbands etc? Hope ur motivated for next week? Let us know if ur not - I'm sure we'll all try to help.

Thank you Upndown. Yes I was puzzled because my food did seem on track. I wonder if the lack of exercise has made the difference. I think if I hadnt had the weigh in at the doctors on Wednesday I would have been more despondent. Ive been swimming today and it felt fantastic!!! I did 80 lengths which would be 40 in ordinary pool. It is a week since Ive been and I usually go every day but Sunday. I hope I see some difference on the scales next week. It snowed on me this afternoon!!! lol I wasnt expecting that. Hope everybody is having a good day.

Thank you Upndown. Yes I was puzzled because my food did seem on track. I wonder if the lack of exercise has made the difference. I think if I hadnt had the weigh in at the doctors on Wednesday I would have been more despondent. Ive been swimming today and it felt fantastic!!! I did 80 lengths which would be 40 in ordinary pool. It is a week since Ive been and I usually go every day but Sunday. I hope I see some difference on the scales next week. It snowed on me this afternoon!!! lol I wasnt expecting that. Hope everybody is having a good day.

well done on the swimming and lets hope u have a nice loss next week!

Afternoon all,

ive had another busy day. I was up early. Popped to my friends to pick up my coat, took piggy to the vets, which is about 20min drive away, came home, made lunch, did some washing, then I was going to sit down and relax.. And something came over me. I decided to have a clear out of my wardrobe! I have a big mirrored wardrobe the length of my room, it has my tv in there, shelves. Everything tends to get put in there, books, DVDs, General stuff. I had a massive clear out and sort out of in there, in my chest of drawers. I chucked out 2 big bags of junk! I feel much better now :)

I have been starving all day! I can't stop eating. I think I may have to write today off, draw a line under it and start fresh tomorrow.

I started off well. Had scrambled egg, beans and sausages (4syns) a little cheese. Then I was hungry again a bit later. I made a jacket potato with beans and cheese (3syns), then I spied the big bag of cheddar and beet root chutney crisps that have been in the cupboard since Xmas.... *looks guilty* without even realising it! I have eaten them all! At least I should have got some body magic in with my tidying. I will try and redeem myself and have something good for tea. Although my sister is talking about Chinese, not sure my will power can resist! It's that pesky alcohol that does it! I have no more nights out like that planned for a while, next one will be an Easter party, so that's weeks away.. Phew.

I will get on my treadmill tomorrow. I am not even going to pretend I will today, as it's not gonna happen now that I've sat Down lol

how has everyone's day been?

As u say just write off today - u have surpassed urself with the activity challenge today - enough I reckon to cover at least a week!

A bit quieter day today - the girls went home this morning - so just Owen and his Mum and Dad - Owen's flat out now so having a sit down myself!! We had planned a walk but the sky clouded over late morning then the rain came - walk called off!

Had a light brunch today not sure about tea but fancy SW chips but what with? Made a turkey & ham pie yesterday so family will have that with roasties etc. Ooh think I'll make some brownies for pud.

Back