LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

ooh youve had some lovely food there. :)

I did enjoy it and I like the cumin in the mince, a slightly indian taste.
I guess that I was feeling hungry because I have eaten more lately and of course had to wait for the kitchen guy to turn up. Between 10 and 2 they said, he got to me at 1pm so I had to wait in. Not sure when they will actually do the kitchen but at least all chosen now.

Wonder how the hypno is working tonight?

Hi - I'm late posting so will reply to u all and update on the day - thx for all ur support over the last 2 weeks - I've really struggled and don't understand why - also for ur interest in the hypnotherapy. Here's how the day went:

A great start - not - cake for b'fast - hypnotherapy mid morning - afterwards I felt more confident about SW and decided on fruit for lunch - as we went out to celebrate hubby's b'day AGAIN tonight - I had a child's portion of a lovely fish dish plus an adult size waffle and ice cream for dessert plus 1 vodka - that's by far the best I've been for over 2 weeks and feel I've got my resolve back.

I won't get the champagne out yet (low syn of course) but will plan my menus for the week and do the food shop 2moro - and really hope I can get back to business - I will go back to class on Tuesday to face the music - I can tell I've put a fair bit on from my clothes esp on my thighs, tum and bum!

Doreen - hope ur day continued to go well - last post I read - u were on track for a 100% day!!

Mo - good to see u back - 300 cals is only 15 syns - so not too damaging! Plus u had ur swim - hope 2moro goes well it is tough to get back on track isn't it??

Kay - yes I'm hoping the hypnotherapy helps me to stay on plan - not sure why I went astray - but I did it in style (if u know what I mean) I'll keep u posted on progress. Did u see my post saying that I went to this hypnotherapist once b4 about 5 years ago and it worked well for a long time - until I stopped listening to the accompanying cd which reinforces the guidelines - note to self - MUST KEEP THAT UP THIS TIME!!!!!

Bubble - thx for ur good wishes and hope ur feeling better - let's see if I can follow ur example after the hypnotherapy!!

Wow well done!! you had a good day. And you could have been very naughty with meal out but you weren't so well done!!!! :):winner::winner:

Yes well done. Oh and I went a bit over. Not too bad tho`.

Have a good sleep all. Night night. xxx

Hi everyone. I decided to go today so could stay for the whole meeting. I put on 1.1/2lbs. Couild have been much worse. I won a raffle for a fitness instructor for an hour after class next week.

Spoke to a neighbour this morning and he showed me the kitchen the council had put in for him. HORRIBLE. I have chosen the same colours as he had. Very dark. Have been in touch with the council and said I would like another visit to change things, they will come in 2 weeks. So glad, I could have not lived with it at all. Neighbour also sayd they took about 4 weeks and the dust all over the house was dreadful. Will talk about that too. Watch this space.

At SW class this morning I said I would do my best to lose 3lbs this coming week. Here is the 1st food day.

Brunch::Small tin beans & sausages (4) 2 eggs 2 toast & coffee x 2
Snack Banana & lot of tea.
Dinner: SW chips, 2 sainsbury burger (2) roast onions and tomatoes. Baked beans with cumin with an egg on top.2 bananas. Sachet tom sauce 1 syn.Coffee x 2 Mullerlight yogurt?
SYNS 7
DEFINATELY NO MORE FOOD TONIGHT. JUST TO PREPARE MAGIC PORRIDGE FOR THE MORNING BEFORE I TURN IN.

I have got another tooth hurting loads. Have been in touch with dentist and she is going to fit me in next week to have it out. She does not work Friday. I can only keep it at bay with 6-8 painkillers a day.

Hope you have all had a good day foodwise and otherwise. Will look in before bed.

Hi - thank u again for ur kind messages and glad ur all sounding well and sticking to the plan - tho' Mo, Doreen and I have had a group off plan party lately!!

Doreen - Poor u with another sore tooth - hope dentist sorts it out. I think ur right to change ur choice of kitchen - pity ur neighbour having to live with hers - I think that any work on the house is disruptive and messy- but I hope u can find ways to minimise the mess - pls don't take offence at these simple suggestions that my Mum passed on to me (wdn't have thought of them myself!) keep all doors closed & put a rolled up towel or similar in front of the door (as u would a draught excluder) and cover ur floors from where the work men come in to the kitchen with old sheets or something. I had a new kitchen a couple of years ago so know what u mean - I went for a cream colour which makes the room light but shows up every mark - we can't win!! Also well done on such a small gain - good luck with the 3lb loss next wk!!

Mo - can't see a post from u today - hope u've had a good day as well as ur usual swim??

Kay - thx for ur messages - hope ur well - just popped in here quickly as it's late - will catch up with ur diary 2moro - hope u've had a good day - I've posted my hypno progress below!!

Bubble - will read ur diary 2moro too - hope ur feeling better and doing well with ur delicious food!

I've had a sad few weeks and the reason I'm late again - is that my friend who has cancer - is now v poorly & the hospice called the family in at tea time - a very sad situation - she's just had her 60th birthday.

So my dieting seems a small thing in comparison - but having been a PE teacher - she's been fit, slim & active all her life and wd want me to carry on - the hypno seems to be working - it's definitely stopped my senseless over eating and made it easier to make healthy SW choices - already feel I've lost a bit - too tired to post food and still hiding from the scales - but will go to class on Tues to face the musicxx

Sorry about your friend, difficult times.
Good luck with the hypno doing its job,
Thanks for those suggestion Upndown, will definately use them if and when the time comes.

My food for today. My son is coming up tomorrow to go to a stag night, Not a lot happened today just a new headboard delivered.
Hope you all had a good day.

B: magic porridge. Oats, yogurt & banana left overnight.
L: Potato slices, tomato, boiled eggs, grated carrot, and spring onions chopped in 30ml ex lt mayo (1syn) Banana & grapes
D: Lambs hearts, boiled spuds, brocolli, carrots & stuffing gravy. Jelly & banana

Syns ..20g bisto powder - 2. 20g dry stuffing - 3.. Mayo - 1.. Jelly - 1.1/2

Hello Everyone. Well I started the day well yesterday. 2 toast, trout for lunch, hotpot for tea. BUT I had had some upsetting news late afternoon which sent me running to the comfort of food in the evening. I ate 3 packets of baked crisps and a bar of bubbly chocolate!!!!!!!! I had done my usual swim in the morning. I dont drink, I dont smoke so Im upset and what do I turn to for comfort? FOOD.
Anyway Im trying again today. 2 toast.trout and brown bread roll for lunch. Im defrosting some squash and sweet potato soup for tea and I swam my 40 lengths today. Im leaving my meal as late as possible to try to offset the chance of a food splurge.

Hello Everyone. Well I started the day well yesterday. 2 toast, trout for lunch, hotpot for tea. BUT I had had some upsetting news late afternoon which sent me running to the comfort of food in the evening. I ate 3 packets of baked crisps and a bar of bubbly chocolate!!!!!!!! I had done my usual swim in the morning. I dont drink, I dont smoke so Im upset and what do I turn to for comfort? FOOD.
Anyway Im trying again today. 2 toast.trout and brown bread roll for lunch. Im defrosting some squash and sweet potato soup for tea and I swam my 40 lengths today. Im leaving my meal as late as possible to try to offset the chance of a food splurge.

Sorry to hear u've had bad news - and yes it's natural to turn to food for comfort for some of us - again what u had wasn't absolutely over the top - esp in those circumstances. Well done for getting right back on plan - and doing ur swim - do u feel fitter and firmer - u'[ve been doing it for a while now and so consistently - v impressive. Take carex

HI - hope everyone's well and had a good day - the hypno seems to be working and I listened to the cd (suggested to do that 4 times a week for a month then when I need it) The first part of the cd is all about relaxing then focussing on ur goals - and I find it soothing - fingers crossed I can keep it up and it carries on working!!

B: ham and cherry tomatoes (grab'n'go as I went to the hospital early
L: bacon wrap (HEB) and banana
Snack: banana and apple
Tea: low fat saus casserole (3 syns) packed with veg, quark flavoured with vanilla extract and fat free greek yog flavoured with almond extract and banana and half an options low fat drinking choc (1 syn)
Snack: Satsuma
TOTAL 4 SYNS

Feels so good to be able to type that and be back in some kind of control - long may it last!! Have a good weekend ladies and keep within ur syns (what a bossy upndown!)

Last edited:
My food for today. My son is coming up tomorrow to go to a stag night, Not a lot happened today just a new headboard delivered.
Hope you all had a good day.

B: magic porridge. Oats, yogurt & banana left overnight.
L: Potato slices, tomato, boiled eggs, grated carrot, and spring onions chopped in 30ml ex lt mayo (1syn) Banana & grapes
D: Lambs hearts, boiled spuds, brocolli, carrots & stuffing gravy. Jelly & banana

Syns ..20g bisto powder - 2. 20g dry stuffing - 3.. Mayo - 1.. Jelly - 1.1/2

New headboard, new kitchen, new look Doreen on its way too!! another good and tasty food day - well done - Mo, you and I seem to be back on track after our little SW 'holiday' - let's hope we can keep it up eh? Hope ur tooth has settled down? Enjoy having ur son aroundx

Last edited:
Mo so sorry to hear you had some bad new, however as Updown says good for you keeping up your swimming and getting back on plan
Yes why do we turn to food. I have tried having my evening meal as late as possible and usually it seems to work as long as I don`t stay up too late. That is one of my problems.

Bossy Upndown, glad the hypno is working, food looks good too.

Mo so sorry to hear you had some bad new, however as Updown says good for you keeping up your swimming and getting back on plan
Yes why do we turn to food. I have tried having my evening meal as late as possible and usually it seems to work as long as I don`t stay up too late. That is one of my problems.

Bossy Upndown, glad the hypno is working, food looks good too.

Very quiet here ladies - Ha Ha Doreen - hope ur ok today and having a good time with ur son.

Mo hope ur doing well and hopefully u had a swim too.

My friend died today - v sad but she's out of pain now - managed to keep in control with food today - even when we went to her house with all the family there - pizzas and doughnuts and drink - so pleased with that - she was v slim and fit - so think she wd have approved - don't feel like food it was ok (not perfect!)

Sorry to hear of your loss upndown, as you say she is out of all the pain, I know it doesnt help the people left behind. Big hugs to you. x

Sorry to hear of your loss upndown, as you say she is out of all the pain, I know it doesnt help the people left behind. Big hugs to you. x

Thank you Bubble - yes it's very sad - but her family are supporting one another and are coping well - my friend planned her funeral and wants no black!! Hope ur feeling better and keeping on plan - I'll be back to reading ur lovely thread soon xxx

Only lovely Bubble popped in today!! Where are u Mo and Doreen - hopefully u were out enjoying the sunshine!!

Not much news from me - catching up on housework I've not done all week. Grateful to be back on plan - can feel the weight coming off and will go to class on Tuesday to face the music - altho I'm losing I'm still expecting a gain after all I ate on my 2 weeks in the wildnerness!! Here's my food:

B: w'meal bread HEB, 2 rashers lean bacon, tomato sauce 1 syn
L: Omelette with onion, grated half fat cheese, grated Parmesan HEA, lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber, red pepper, half tsp light mayo mixed with white vinegar 0.5 syn
T: skinny lizzie sausage casserole (3 syns for 2 sausage) onion, carrots & celery served with cauli and courgettes
Snacks: grapes and quark mixed with fat free greek yogurt flavoured with sweetener and almond essence served with banana and sprinkLing of low fat drinking choc 1 syn

TOTAL SYNS = 5.5

Back