LL Magazine

headdown

does anybody know when the LL mag is due out?

The LL website says that the next mag is due out 30th August.

They have stopped selling this in my local Tesco as it used to be with the other slimming mags (RC, EH etc)

Mike

Mike - they haven't stopped selling it, they just had a three month break over the summer so as the last issue was out in late May they will have just sold them all or taken them off the shelves because they were 3 months old.

I have a subscription with LL. I sure do hope that I will be reading my copy before Thursday! I wouldn't be too pleased if the magazine is out and mine is in the post!

I got my copy just as I was about to leave home!

My copy came this morning, its the last one of my subscription and there is a note saying the next one will be on sale from 26th December which seems an awfully long time to wait.

I don't think that the magazine is really for people following LL (hence the pictures of food!) it's to promote LL to people not yet on it (look at all the adverts) That's why it only comes out in the key points in the year - ie one at the end of December to get January joiners - one about 6 weeks after that to pick up the next wave and then another one 6-8 weeks later then a May issue then a rest during the summer holiday period, one in September to get the post holiday slimmers who do LL prior to Christmas. The programme is primarily marketed at people with 3-4 stone to lose (hence the fuzziness of development) Sorry to be cynical!

That's true Sarah - I was thinking they need to run two programmes really. One for the 3-4 stone people who are just looking for quick results but could do any die. And the other for the 5-12 stone to lose people who have food issues.

I did wonder why there was so much food and recipes in the magazine when we are abstinent! But i enjoy the success stories.

Yes Cerulean, that makes sense.

I thought it was also pretty stupid to pretend that the next issue is out on Boxing Day - as if! I guess we won't get it until just before New Year. I really only like the success stories - looking forward to seeing Cerulean in there soon actually!

That's true Sarah - I was thinking they need to run two programmes really. One for the 3-4 stone people who are just looking for quick results but could do any die. And the other for the 5-12 stone to lose people who have food issues.

I did wonder why there was so much food and recipes in the magazine when we are abstinent! But i enjoy the success stories.

I must admit Sandra I am a tadge upset about your comments! I have 3 stone to lose and am most certainly not just looking for "quick results" although that aspect did appeal to me. I can assure you I have been on many many diets and am not able to "do any diet" as you suggested otherwise I would certainly not be paying £66 per week for this one! I can assure you even though I have got the minimum 3 stone to lose, I certainly feel I have food issues too. It is just as hard for those of us who have less to lose than maybe some larger ladies/gents and in fact tends to be a slower loss

xxxxxxxxx

I do think there would be advantage for both sides if LL tried to adapt their program for the two main types of dieters they seem to attract. I have friends who want to lose 1-2 stones and they trly have found it as hard as me to lose my 10! As we have all discussed before, LL does seem to fall down over its support for very long term developers. I still have 3 st to go, and struggling mightily now. Mainly boredom, & oddly a lack of purpose??

As for the mag, yes, I agree with Cerulean thats its prob aimed at attracting new clients rather than retaining the existing ones, although the success stories are inspirational. I think that point is made rather dramatically by the fact that the next issue os due on BOxing SAy, of all days??!!?? A pre-Xmas, mega supportive LL mag would be mostly what the existing, going to SS throughout the festive season LL-ers would really appreciate!!

Back