London Attractions with a 5yr old??

sophia-jo

Silver Member
Yesterday we booked a 5 day (4 night) break to London, we're staying in Westminster, right by the London Eye. We go in 2 days so it's VERY last minute so I've been none stop on the internet looking for reviews and recommendations on London Attractions.

I have found what seems to be a great deal on 4 attractions (London Eye, Madame Tussauds, Sea Life Aquarium and London Dungeons), for 2 adults and 1 child it's costing £152 in total :D This seems to be a good deal in my oppinion, compared to other prices online.

So, we're taking our 5 yr old and I'd love to know if you have been to London and if so where did you visit and did you take kids with you?

I've gained quite some info. myself whilst reading info on attraction review sites but I didn't realise how big London is and I know there will be lots for us to do that I still havn't come across and would love any tips that you have on spending time in London....

many thanks :)xxx

well hello hello lol
how about buckingham palace
The independent visitor will need to walk for about 10-15 minutes from the nearest Underground stations and buses. No public transport passes Buckingham Palace itself.

Nearest Underground Station is Victoria from where the palace is signposted. Nicest is to walk across Green Park, from Green Park Underground or across St James Park from Westminster.
see changing of the guards , and why not harrods , nearest tube knightsbridge on piccadilly line

how far are you from London ?
on train takes me about 26 mins into kingscross .
not seen you on in ages ... your daughter 5 ho my god , i remember you doing her a birthday bash and the cake was to die for , yum lol

Hello Hello Sweetie, how are ya??:)

Thanks for your reply hun, wow, You're sooo close to London, we live in Liverpool, so might be more like 4 hours in the car for us, traffic permitting...and more for stopping to stretch our legs and toilet break.

Buckingham Palace is on our List, ....can you go in the gardens? I've not done much research on B.Palace yet...
we also have the 4 attractions that I mentioned and I'd love to also go to Henley Toy Shop, Hyde Park, erm...what else do we fancy..think, think, think....oh yeah, Tate Modern maybe as I love Art, Tower of London, and more that I can't even think of right now... I fancy taking a trip to Notting Hill, mainly because of the film, I believe the 'book shop' where Hugh Grants character worked is still there and open. But as we don't know how far apart the attractions are we don't know if we will manage to visit everything.
I quite fancy eating somewhere nice for at least one afternoon, I've read The Ritz do a nice high tea but not looked into it yet so might faint at the price and have to have a re-think hee hee. I believe the Criterion do a nice set menu for a reasonable price? We're not too bothered about seeing a show, was thinking of doing Lion King if they had seats free but to be honest, after seeing the promo video we've seen pretty much the same show in Disney Florida, a dozen times hee heee, so will give that one a miss.

On our way home we are supposed to be going to Bicester Village in Oxford, I'm really looking forward to that, but it will be on Sunday so I guess it will be very busy. I want to go to Cath Kidston, Molton Brown and if they have a L'Occitaine shop there then I'll be a happy bunny, I need to go visit the Bicester Village website to remind myself of the stores they have there.

So hun, do you go to London often? I'm really excited about it, but coz I know how busy it can be I'm a little anxious also, I want to cram as much sight seeing in as we can but it's difficult to plan such short notice when you don't know the city, but we'll give it our best shot lol :D xxx

I last went to london few years ago , its busy i'll tell you .
And you will be so tired , also your nose holes will be dirty too lol!!! thats one thing i remember lol
My daughter wants me to take her it will cost us 16.80 for us both return
but thats the cheap bit as you've found out , theres some lovely gardens , don't think you are allowed in the garden at buckingham ....
I'm wishing you the best time ever and do a bank job ok cos its pricey lol
Have to go , hope you get more info on things

ah thanks sweety.... I hope you guys enjoy your next visit.
Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to take plenty of tissues hee hee.

oh, it's Hamleys Toy Store, I said the wrong name...just off to find out where it is...

thanks again..

ANYONE ELSE? any more info would be greatly appreciated...just want to know best attractions etc...

when you come back let us know how you got on ok , enjoy !!

The museums are free - Natural History and Science Museum.

I go into London with my daughter sometimes, we just buy a travel card and get on and off stops. You'll be surprised how much you can see in a day as things are relatively close together.

I've taken her to the aquarium which I found expensive for what it was other than that and the museums we haven't really gone to many tourist attractions

Days Out Guide - London attractions with train tickets | London trains | trains to London - This link can be good for getting some discounts into some attractions.

If you do want to see a show and aren't too fussy, visit the ticket booth in Leicester Square, they sell discount tickets but not all shows are available.

For a child, the Science Museum is good. There is one room with a load of things kids can press and twiddle, I seem to remember. She might find Tussauds a bit boring, unless she recognises some of the people in it. She'll like The Eye though I am sure. And the Natural History Museum has dinosaurs in it, kids like those.

Back