Long term successes - motivate me pleeeeeeeez!! :-)

Big H

Silver Member
I can't seem to find many people that have stuck to this diet long term and had long term, good weight loss. I love the idea of the diet and have read the book cover to cover, but my concern is that it means spending 50% of your life, starving and miserable and wishing the day away.

Any thoughts on this would be really interesting to hear. Basically I am looking for some motivation :)

Hi, I am on my 14th week of Juddd and have lost 17lbs on it, I lose on average 1-2lbs a week , have had 3 sts but that usually coincides with TOTM which won't be a problem for you lol. DD s may seem miserable but if you have a little nosy through some of the diaries here you will see that for a lot of us they are far from it, they can be hard to start with but they soon become second nature and I actually look forward to them as they make you feel empowered and they are not miserable at all, my problem with all other diets was that I was waiting for the diet to end so that I could eat whatever food happened to be banned on that particular diet, that doesn't happen on this diet, no food is banned on your UP days, I am not looking for the diet to end in fact now I can't imagine eating any other way. I do set DD s on M, W, F and have UP days T, TH, Sat +Sun, my weekend UPs usually involve naughty food such as real chips or takeawy plus cheesecake you get the picture.
You really have to ask yourself if you want to spend all week dieting or just 3 days a week, I know what I chose and boy am I glad I did, Give it a go for a fortnight what have you got to lose? You could gain a whole new way of eating and a fresh new relationship with food x

Hi, I am on my 14th week of Juddd and have lost 17lbs on it, I lose on average 1-2lbs a week , have had 3 sts but that usually coincides with TOTM which won't be a problem for you lol. DD s may seem miserable but if you have a little nosy through some of the diaries here you will see that for a lot of us they are far from it, they can be hard to start with but they soon become second nature and I actually look forward to them as they make you feel empowered and they are not miserable at all, my problem with all other diets was that I was waiting for the diet to end so that I could eat whatever food happened to be banned on that particular diet, that doesn't happen on this diet, no food is banned on your UP days, I am not looking for the diet to end in fact now I can't imagine eating any other way. I do set DD s on M, W, F and have UP days T, TH, Sat +Sun, my weekend UPs usually involve naughty food such as real chips or takeawy plus cheesecake you get the picture.
You really have to ask yourself if you want to spend all week dieting or just 3 days a week, I know what I chose and boy am I glad I did, Give it a go for a fortnight what have you got to lose? You could gain a whole new way of eating and a fresh new relationship with food x

That's a really great post!!! Thanks for taking the time to reply, you have motivated already :)

No problem and thanks for the Rep x
This really is a great diet , I know a few hubbies of the ladies on her have tried it I think Monica (passionflowers) husband is doing it at the moment but it would be great to have a male onboard see how it works for men and get a male perspective, I think you would have to work out your cals on thye website , not sure if its the same for men, does it say in the book?

Hello and welcome I haven't got much to inspire you in terms of loss as I only started a week ago myself. The way I see it is I led a miserable life for as long as I stuck to a plan(no matter which one I tried, and there has been a few let's say) in order to shift my excess, with this one I reduced that misery to less than half as I enjoy two really nice meals on my DD's. try it see what you think and see if it's worth trading a few days of mild misery for more days filled with utter pleasure and no guilt of actually having a life. Good luck :D

No problem and thanks for the Rep x
This really is a great diet , I know a few hubbies of the ladies on her have tried it I think Monica (passionflowers) husband is doing it at the moment but it would be great to have a male onboard see how it works for men and get a male perspective, I think you would have to work out your cals on thye website , not sure if its the same for men, does it say in the book?

Cool, I'll give a go and post back my resulst etc here.

Hello and welcome I haven't got much to inspire you in terms of loss as I only started a week ago myself. The way I see it is I led a miserable life for as long as I stuck to a plan(no matter which one I tried, and there has been a few let's say) in order to shift my excess, with this one I reduced that misery to less than half as I enjoy two really nice meals on my DD's. try it see what you think and see if it's worth trading a few days of mild misery for more days filled with utter pleasure and no guilt of actually having a life. Good luck :D

Thanks a lot :)

I've been on this diet for 4 weeks... not had a notion to break my DD once.

I won't tell you its easy all of the time, but its so much easier than you'd think it would be!!!

I enjoy UD's and i'm in control on DDs, which is a good balance :)

Sounds good to me. Control is one of my key goals!

Copycat .... And yes you should work on control

I lost my weight so far through low carb , the last of it is refusing to go so I'm switching to this woe to try give it a boost . The way I will try to look at things is that the longest I will feel deprived of something is a day , if I really want something badly its only a day away . I will try not to waste calories on down days , treat myself in other ways like a coffee on my own or a bubble bath etc . If I feel hungry I'll find something to distract me untill it passed . I read lots of forums to let other peoples success spur me on too :)

I am only on day 8 of JUDDD - so still a newbie!

However, in just 8 days I have found the following;

My clothes are all considerably looser, I have more energy, I look forward to my DD's as much as my UD's ( never thought I would type that one!), my appetite on UD's is considerably less - no binges!, having had my 4th DD, no hunger pains and wasn't desperate for my food ......

I can't really find anything negative to say about it ....... I love it!

I have DD's mon, weds and fri which really works for me.

This really feels like a new 'way of thinking and living' rather than just another diet.

As has been said before ...... What you got to lose? ;-)

onionbreath said:
I am only on day 8 of JUDDD - so still a newbie!

However, in just 8 days I have found the following;

My clothes are all considerably looser, I have more energy, I look forward to my DD's as much as my UD's ( never thought I would type that one!), my appetite on UD's is considerably less - no binges!, having had my 4th DD, no hunger pains and wasn't desperate for my food ......

I can't really find anything negative to say about it ....... I love it!

I have DD's mon, weds and fri which really works for me.

This really feels like a new 'way of thinking and living' rather than just another diet.

As has been said before ...... What you got to lose? ;-)

Onionbreath, LOVE this post. Well said :D

P x

Hi Big H,

I found the diet one year ago but never got going with. In between I as always found a range of others but always broke it due to hunger.I then watched a recent horizon programme and saw the science. I then restarted. Like passionflowerer only new to this but see it as a feasible long term option.

It ticks the health boxes, the weight loss one and the lovely normal life every other day. What other diet does that. On the dd like I had yesterday I just said to me, get a grip Liz, surely you can go one day with a bit of willpower and then now today I can do what I like. On the dd if you are struggling, come here. Once you get in the pattern you will lose weight.

Have a two week try with posts in between the review. It's got to be better than permanently not rewarding yourself.

Good luck

Liz x

Hi Big H,

I found the diet one year ago but never got going with. In between I as always found a range of others but always broke it due to hunger.I then watched a recent horizon programme and saw the science. I then restarted. Like passionflowerer only new to this but see it as a feasible long term option.

It ticks the health boxes, the weight loss one and the lovely normal life every other day. What other diet does that. On the dd like I had yesterday I just said to me, get a grip Liz, surely you can go one day with a bit of willpower and then now today I can do what I like. On the dd if you are struggling, come here. Once you get in the pattern you will lose weight.

Have a two week try with posts in between the review. It's got to be better than permanently not rewarding yourself.

Good luck

Liz x

Thanks Liz and thanks to all wqho have posted :)

Hello peeps. Well since I started this thread, I changed my mind and went back to a VLCD (S & S this time) After 9 weeks it has become very monotonous and I will be switching to JUDDD soon, so I can at least enjoy the taste of food again. I'm pretty aprehensive, because I expect to gain weight after being on a VLCD, but hopefully I can minimise that and then after a few weeks start to lose agin.

I'd be really interested to hear any stories from anybody that switched from a VLCD to JUDDD and if they gained initial weight and how long it took to start losing again (and at what rate)

Many thanks

Hi there. I switched from S&S to IF at the beginning of August. I was very cautious about weighing around switch over time as I didn't want to get hung up on what the scales were saying but essentially, I continued to lose weight, losing 0.75lbs in the first week and I think 1lb in the second week.

Since then, I have continued to lose weight very steadily and am *almost* at my first IF stone! The weight loss is much slower than a vlcd but is totally manageable in the long term. I have enjoyed my 40th birthday and many social occasions - all whilst still losing weight. The scale bounces put some people off - I recommend taking weekly averages if the scale bounces really bother you.

Well done for sticking with a vlcd. They are grim. Do take the plunge and start IF - give it 4 weeks minimum and don't stress at the glycogen/water gain when you leave the vlcd.

Last edited:
Hi there. I switched from S&S to IF at the beginning of August. I was very cautious about Ewing around switch over time as I didn't want to get hung up on what the scales were saying but essentially, I continued to lose weight, losing 0.75lbs in the first week and I think 1lb in the second week.

Since then, I have continued to lose weight very steadily and am *almost* at my first IF stone! The weight loss is much slower than a vlcd but is totally manageable in the long term. I have enjoyed my 40th birthday and many social occasions - all whilst still losing weight. The scale bounces put some people off - I recommend taking weekly averages if the scale bounces really bother you.

Well done for sticking with a vlcd. They are grim. Do take the plunge and start IF - give it 4 weeks minimum and don't stress at the glycogen/water gain when you leave the vlcd.

Thanks a lot for the advice and well done to you :)

Back