Lookin' Good for Santa

Dimage

117 days until Christmas day. This is my motivation. I want to wear tight jeggings sloppy jumper and knee boots. I don't want the sloppy jumper to be hiding the spare tyre(s) I'm currently sporting.

I suppose someone looking at me might say I'm not over weight but I've just gotten clever with clothes cover ups. Thanks trinny & susannah lol.

I hope to keep this diary as a daily motivator, something to remind me what I'm aiming for.

:xmastree:

Good luck :)

Dimage said:
117 days until Christmas day. This is my motivation. I want to wear tight jeggings sloppy jumper and knee boots. I don't want the sloppy jumper to be hiding the spare tyre(s) I'm currently sporting.

I suppose someone looking at me might say I'm not over weight but I've just gotten clever with clothes cover ups. Thanks trinny & susannah lol.

I hope to keep this diary as a daily motivator, something to remind me what I'm aiming for.

:xmastree:

good luck xxxx

Last edited:
Thanks a million LittleSis and Donzy. Good luck to the both of you staying on track too!

Food today so far:

B: 1 slice soda bread and steamed rhubarb
L: Wholewheat pitta bread, mini fish cake, tsp low fat hummus, iceberg lettuce
D: Looking like its going to be home made egg fried rice to use up bits and pieces in the fridge.

My biggest down fall with losing weight is portion size. I'm a pretty small boned person so shouldn't carry much weight, BUT I eat like a sumo wrestler, so that's not really in keeping with being slim!! ( Funnily enough lol)

Soooo with this attack on my weight portion control is at the front of my mind.

This post is a bit rambly but it's making sense in my mind. Will be back later hopefully having stayed to plan with small amount of dinner.

Nmh I was thinking bout just that last night :) how easy it is to say 'I'll just have one'

Good luck with the Xmas outfit!!

Good luck with you Christmas goal :)

I know what you mean about portion sizes. I also hate waste! And find it really hard to leave anything on my plate even when I am stuffed! I´m working on that!

I know its a bit "blah" but since I have been using a smaller plate, the portion control has been alot easier. :)

Good luck with you Christmas goal :)

I know what you mean about portion sizes. I also hate waste! And find it really hard to leave anything on my plate even when I am stuffed! I´m working on that!

That's it exactly, the waste of food. We were brought up to clear our plate. No one left the table until plates were practically licked clean. It's so hard to against that.

I'm starting to get my head around making much less and / or freezing the excess, so my mind isn't shouting "thats so wasteful".

I know its a bit "blah" but since I have been using a smaller plate, the portion control has been alot easier. :)

That's a really simple, but great idea. All my plates are tyre sized (practically anyway). Must look next time I'm in the shops for a more reasonably sized plate. Good tip :clap:. It's funny that never even registered with me before.

For dinner tonight I made a "fried" rice dinner. Brown rice with yellow pepper and carrot fried seperately with chinese 5 spice. Added to that 2 eggs dry fried with soy sauce and more 5 spice. All tossed together with some bacon pieces, it was delish.

AND I managed to restrain myself by only having half a plateful rather than my normal 2 or 3 refills.

A good food day today, slowly but surely retraining my mind. If my mind would go to sleep for a while and not keep intefering, sure I'd sail through this diet lol.

Next thing to start, is upping water intake, had loads of coffee today so that counts as some water I suppose but only actually had 1 glass of water on it's own. Will do better on that 1 tomorrow.

Today is Water day. Aim for 6 glasses, 1 an hour I reckon to go for and see how I get on with that.

B: Boiled egg. 1 cracker bread with crab paste. Coffee. Glass water.

I'm with Squeezy on the smaller plate ploy.. I started using a smaller one a few months back and it dose help.. I also gave myself permission to leave some food if I want to!!! Like you we weren't allowed to leave the table unless our plates were empty so it takes a while to except it's O.K. if you haven't finished everything :)

Lunch: Pitta bread, fish cake hummus lettuce and cottage cheese. Just comes in a touch over 300 kcals. Had this at about 1:30 and still full now, so a good lunch. But not too much.

Using MFP properly today, have used 627 cals or there abouts so far, so a good bit Kcal room for my chicken dinner later on. Plus I'm not counting milk or butter things like that so leaving myself a cushion for that also.

Dinner: Roast chicken, roast carrot, 1.5 roast potato and garden peas. Must do it up now on mfp.

Have to say I didn't drink half as much water as I wanted to, must get some more into me now and do better tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'm with Squeezy on the smaller plate ploy.. I started using a smaller one a few months back and it dose help.. I also gave myself permission to leave some food if I want to!!! Like you we weren't allowed to leave the table unless our plates were empty so it takes a while to except it's O.K. if you haven't finished everything :)

My problem is that I always eat the things on my plate I like the least first and save my favorite thing til last, so then I end up eating everything because I cannot not eat all of my favourite thing. I´ve stopped doing that over the last couple of weeks and it does seem to be working, particularly when eating out.

Breakfast today: Tesco Brown soda bread with Ikea fish paste. Delish. Plus some tesco light cottage cheese on the side. All in all came to about 200 cals. 11:45 now and stil not hungry so a good brekkie. ( had this at 9 ish)

That does sound like a good breakfast! I need to have a better breakfast tomorrow, as I was hungry ALL day today and am sure it´s cos I´m just having cereal for breakfast! It just doesn´t fill me.

Breakfast sounds fabulous!!! I am going to look at some other types of bread when I go shopping tomorrow. I need a bit more bread for my calories. :)

Back