looking for CC friends but...

Anyone still around?! after the big move country that is. I've seen a big move in my waist! Back to cc and looking for company!

Hey am about I update my diary everyday ;) although as am maintaining and doing so much excersize my muscles are constantly in repair so eat loads!! :p very gym addicted!! am now actually worried about dropping too low but I think I have finially got maintaining in order :D
Oh btw wrightser you are the same height as me am maintaining at 7st 10.. basically when I see I drop to 7st 9 I eat more to gain back!! ;)

Hey am about I update my diary everyday ;) although as am maintaining and doing so much excersize my muscles are constantly in repair so eat loads!! :p very gym addicted!! am now actually worried about dropping too low but I think I have finially got maintaining in order :D Oh btw wrightser you are the same height as me am maintaining at 7st 10.. basically when I see I drop to 7st 9 I eat more to gain back!! ;)

That's fantastic!! I don't know where to begin to be honest, I'm back up to 9st 1 and I feel like I'll never get my weight down :( I'd love to be back at 8st 4/5 but I've no clue how to approach it! I always try but find it pretty hard.

I get stressed and eat twice this week in work there was a box of Creme eggs on the table and I just scoffed it!! It's always Monday!!

Even my fitness has gone out the window! In work from 730 - 630 and then I'd rather not cook! Arrrggggg I know I am the only one to change it but I need a kick up the arse

It's the lack of energy and constant fatigue that's getting to me!! I plan to sit down and write a list of all I should Change and why! Such mindless eating, it's my insides that I worry about.

Once your happy and maintaining that can't be a bad thing I'm sure the little treat here and there shouldn't make a huge difference. Once it doesn't become an everyday habit.

I'm considering trying a whole food plan as much a possible!!

Hello everyone :) I've just started CC my first week . There doesn't seem to be a lot on here for CC it's more for SW . Here's a brief description about me so here goes ill try and keep it short . Been doing SW on and off for over 20 years and although I lost weight has always been very slow and I never kept off what I did loose that's why I'm back here ! So am giving CC a chance as it fits in so well with me and my family . I did check the calories in SW free foods and couldn't believe how high some of these are no wonder it was so slow ! Although SW seems good for maintaining weight just not good for me personally although it does work for some . I use MFP and its amazing as you can also log exercise I do cardio walking and slow jogging plus just discovered kettlebells they are very good for tonning . Good luck to all and ill update at weigh in on Thursday Happy Calorie counting xx

Hi Katsmad and everyone else!

I'm starting CCing tomorrow. Done the exante diet in January, lost 1st 3lb in 2 weeks but kept cheating. I've done Sw but I was eating so much I was losing 1/2lb week if I was lucky, my portions were humongous! So last year did 5:2 for about 8 months. Managed to lose about 2 stone but run up to Xmas and house move I just gave up!

Anyway, I'm so depressed at the moment. I really despise the way I look and although I'm the slimmest I've been in a long time (15st 3lb) I feel worst than ever. Doesn't help that a couple of "friends" have made inappropriate comments that have just knocked my confidence. I'm putting so much pressure on myself and have spent the last 2 days in tears.

However, I know what I have to do so from tmrw I will start to do it! I weigh in every Thursday whether I'm dieting or not so will stick to Thursday.

Sorry for essay but wanted to put it in writing so I'm accountable, lol ;)

Good luck ladies :) xx

Last edited:
Hi Katsmad and everyone else!

I'm starting CCing tomorrow. Done the exante diet in January, lost 1st 3lb in 2 weeks but kept cheating. I've done Sw but I was eating so much I was losing 1/2lb week if I was lucky, my portions were humongous! So last year did 5:2 for about 8 months. Managed to lose about 2 stone but run up to Xmas and house move I just gave up!
Anyway, I'm so depressed at the moment. I really despise the way I look and although I'm the slimmest I've been in a long time (15st 3lb) I feel worst than ever. Doesn't help that a couple of "friends" have made inappropriate comments that have just knocked my confidence. I'm putting so much pressure on myself and have spent the last 2 days in tears.

However, I know what I have to do so from tmrw I will start to do it! I weigh in every Thursday whether I'm dieting or not so will stick to Thursday.

Sorry for essay but wanted to put it in writing so I'm accountable, lol ;)

Good luck ladies :) xx

Hello Mishelly you sound like me with the SW diet ! Don't let " friends " get you down I've had lots of situations where "friends" have got to me one even saying to me I should just be happy being fat and ill never loose weight ! We were both going to SW at that time she persuaded me to leave and she also left and then without telling me 're joined the group ! Some " friend " she only needed to loose about 1/2 stone she was a size 10/12 and was always saying how huge she was as you can guess that made me feel good . People like this are usually jealous of you taking control and trying to improve yourself especially if they're struggling themselves and there are lots who don't like to see others succeeding in whatever you do ! Sorry for going on a bit :) just do your best and you will get there . Best of luck and forget so called "friends " I am (well trying at least we're all human and emotions can sometimes take over ) CC is the way forward xx

Good morning Katsmad and everyone else!

Thank you for your comments. Your not going on, lol, it's good to read other peoples experience's.
And I think it's time some "friends" were phased out, lol;)

How is everyone getting on?
I had about 900 cals yesterday. Is this about right or should I be eating more/less?

Have a good day all :) :) :)

mishelly77 said:
Good morning Katsmad and everyone else!

Thank you for your comments. Your not going on, lol, it's good to read other peoples experience's.
And I think it's time some "friends" were phased out, lol;)

How is everyone getting on?
I had about 900 cals yesterday. Is this about right or should I be eating more/less?

Have a good day all :) :) :)

Oh you should be eating more, hon - 1,200 a day is the very minimum you should have, more if you have a bit to lose. Please be careful. :) xx

Oh you should be eating more, hon - 1,200 a day is the very minimum you should have, more if you have a bit to lose. Please be careful. :) xx

Thanks TracyG.
I've eaten more today, around 1,100. I'm just worried about eating too much as I've not done calorie counting before. MFP is a massive help though, lol;)
And, I'm out for my friends birthday meal on Saturday so was thinking less cals in the week means I can be a bit flexible in Saturday? Would that work do you think?

Thank you :) x

Hi Mishelly I'm on 1600 but am always under that but like the other Lady said don't go below 1200 . I think if you start off with a low calorie intake you have nowhere to go and could end up starving which isn't good and could end up bingeing which is exactly what I did (naught ) . Good luck with it x

Forgot to say I'm away this weekend so doing some fast days tomorrow and Friday ! I have done this before and works for me . I'm sure if you cut down it will balance out after all its the calories over the week hope that makes sense . ( it should read naughty not naught ) :) x

mishelly77 said:
Thanks TracyG.
I've eaten more today, around 1,100. I'm just worried about eating too much as I've not done calorie counting before. MFP is a massive help though, lol;)
And, I'm out for my friends birthday meal on Saturday so was thinking less cals in the week means I can be a bit flexible in Saturday? Would that work do you think?

Thank you :) x

I would definitely up it from there. I started off pn around 1,800 (though I did have 10 stone to lose), and still don't eat any lower than 1,300 any day. You can actually not lose anything if you don't eat enough, apart from the health considerations. :) xx

Hi guys!

I'm a newbie and just wanted to join this thread :) I am doing 1,200 calories a day and sticking to it (mostly!) I exercise twice a week, Netball and Interval training for an hour and a half on a wednesday and running on a saturday (when I say running I mean a slow jog and walking! About a mile and a half but starting to get faster and having to walk less so could be worse!)

How is everyone finding it?

I've been doing it since end of January and sticking to it although losing the weight slowly! But this is the longest I've stuck to a diet for and I'm at my lowest weight in years so feeling good. Just hope I can carry on losing (and hopefully losing a but quicker!) Think I may need to up the exercise! xx

I also wondered if any of you ladies had tried calorie counting alongside the 5:2 diet? I was thinking once I get to about 10 1/2st (if i get there!) I will need a little push, so was considering doing 1,200 calories 5 days a week and then 500 calories on 2 days a week. What are your thoughts on this and has anyone tried it? Would really appreciate any advice! :) xx

Hi KMD I do the 5.2 fast now and again my plan was to do today as going away for weekend . TOTM is hovering around at the moment so instead of having the 500 calls have had 1000 feeling hungry today hopefully ill try again Friday before going away Saturday ! Good luck with it x

I also wondered if any of you ladies had tried calorie counting alongside the 5:2 diet? I was thinking once I get to about 10 1/2st (if i get there!) I will need a little push, so was considering doing 1,200 calories 5 days a week and then 500 calories on 2 days a week. What are your thoughts on this and has anyone tried it? Would really appreciate any advice! :) xx

On the 5:2 diet you're supposed to eat at maintenance on the days your not fasting.

My honest thought is that you'll feel extremely deprived and won't last that long on it! Not to mention getting adequate nutrition will be extremely difficult. I can't stress strongly enough that it's really not a very good idea. (Not saying 5:2 itself is bad, just the method suggested above)

That's the problem with starting at 1200 calories, you've got no where to go if you need to reduce them if your weight loss stalls.

I think you should considering upping your current calorie intake. Especially as you mentioned you were fairly active in a previous post? 1200 isn't the magic number for weight loss. I've never eaten below 1700 net and I usually eat between 1900-2300 calories per day and I've lost nearly 5 stone!

Now I'm on my phone so can't see your stats but I'm going to guess that you can safely up the calories and still lose. In fact you may be able to lose more because you'll be providing your body with adequate fuel. It's better in the long run if you lose weight eating as much as you can whilst still being in a reasonable deficit.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back