looking for motivation and support

penny226

Hi,
Today is my second day on exante. I weighed in yesterday at 14 stone and 4 pounds. This time last year I was two stone lighter and relatively happy with my weight (ten stone is my ideal weight). Unfortunately this year has not been good to me and following the death of my lovely Dad in March,horrible family rows, and breaking my foot shortly after, I have rapidly gained two stone.

Yesterday wasn't too bad, although I did have 4 packs instead of three (hope this doesn't ruin the weight loss too much). I haven't done any excercise at all for months (couldn't even walk the dog with the broken foot). Doctor says I can use an excercise bike and swimming but not much else until another X-ray in August. Considering joining the gym........(again.....)....but have felt so exhausted recently. I've never liked excercise but just seem to have lost all of my get up and go and worried I will shel out on another year's membership and not go......(again ).

I am hoping to lose at least a stone and a half by the next X-ray and would be grateful for any support and tips you can give me. Really really missed the wine last night, plus OH and son scoffed M&S burgers last night in the brioche buns - my favourite. How do you all cope with family tucking in? Thanks for reading X

Hi Penny, I am in a similar situation (and similar weight) I would like to be 10 stone too, but I know I was happy when I was 11 stone. My weight seems to be going up and up every year. I eat all the wrong foods and I have also lost all motivation to do anything. Most of my friends are exercise freaks. They go to the gym and run marathons. I did join the gym (it was a very nice health spa place) but I used it twice in the 6 months I paid (I went to the coffee lounge more times). I have the shakes and I am ready to go. There just never seems a right day to start!

I need to get started and I am hoping once the weight slips off I will feel more motivated to do some exercise and get my get up and go back again!

Good luck!

Hello and welcome :)

I have battled with my weight all my life, and have a considerable amount to lose

Exante is the only thing that has worked for me

It is very tough for the first week, I will not deny it, but after that it has become routine for me

I have lost 66lbs and am about halfway through my weight loss journey :)

I feel well, and happy :D

I understand bereavement only too well......I have lost both my parents, my Dad fairly recently and under extremely difficult circumstances :(

Comfort eating will always be part of my psyche, but I have learned to control it so much more now

Apart from a couple of days, I have stayed on total solution Exante since 4th January - my weight loss hasn't been as spectacular as some due to my lack of height :rolleyes:

The support here is fantastic - when tempted off the track, come here and write your feelings down, it really helps :)

Every best wish on your journey xx

Thanks Darcy - I think the arguments with family were worse than the actual bereavement - I'm still not speaking with my brother and his family and I always thought we were so close before. People say that a death in the family can really divide you but I never thought that it would happen to our family. You have done really well - 66lbs is a huge achievement - I will look forward to reading about your continued success.

Hi motherof2 - I can't tell you how many gyms I have joined in the past and not gone - it would have probably paid for a gastric band!! Surgery is about the only thing I haven't tried yet (although I did waste £500 on a virtual gastric band a couple of years ago!).

I've tried VLCD diets before in the past and had a good success so fingers crossed this is the last time I lose the weight and it stays off for good. My plan is to get to 12 stone and then try a meditereanean diet - low carb high fat. I've been reading a lot recently about low fat diets not being good for us and sugar and carbs being the enemy and it does seem to make sense.

I'm very much an all or nothing person and meal packs do seem to suit me when I'm in the right frame of mind. My son graduated from University last week (with a first Very proud mummy ) and I so wanted to look nice for the photos but unfortunately I'm back up to a size 18 and looked huge next to my son and OH. I blame the broken foot, but really I've been eating and drinking far too much since Dad died in March. Instead of losing a stone, I gained one.

Oh well, enough about the past. I can't change that, but I can change the future. Here's to never being this fat again!

Today - had the chocolate cookie at 12.00 with a huge glass of water. Two cups of tea and a cup of decaf with not very much milk. Decided to skip breakfasts and start the first pack at midday to see if I can last on 3 packs rather than 4. Will let you know how I get on.

Off to the shops now - looking for some shelves for sons room - he seems to have twice as much stuff now as when he went to Uni 4 years ago so we need to get him somewhere to stash all his stuff.

Have a great day!
Xx

Day 2 complete but needed 4 packs not 3.

Watched son and OH eat a curry and just needed an extra bar to cope. Still think I had less than 900 calories which is still very low calorie so had a sneaky weigh and pleased to report that I have already lost 6lbs.

Yippee!

Welcome Penny and very sorry for your loss...you have had a tough old time of it (((Hugs)))

Well done on staying strong and not giving into the burgers and getting to day 3! 6 lbs off already is fantastic and goes to show the extra bar/ pack is ok with you.

Hello Penny and everybody. I started Exante again about 10 days ago. I also tried one of those hynoptic gastric band through a download and it was useless. I have done all sorts of diets and lost about 3 stone with Exante about four years ago but I put it all back on plus another stone.

I am heavier than you, and weighed 15st 3lb last Wednesday. My ideal weight is around 10 stone. The top of the range for my healthy BMI is actually 9st 11lb but I don't know if I'll ever get that low. I lost 7lbs in my first week so was really pleased. I found I was absolutely ravenous the first week and had to have a fourth pack a couple of times and I don't think it affected my weight loss much. I've stocked up on Exante and I am determined to stick to it because I have a wedding in October and I don't want to be the fat auntie! I can't believe I've let myself get so big, as I am only 5ft 2". I was never fat until my forties and I've really stacked on the weight. I'm ashamed to say that 10 days ago when I weighed myself I was twice the weight I was at 20 years old. I have no-one to blame but myself. I'm doing this partly for health, and partly because I hate the way I look and decline most social events because I don't want people to see me. I have no weight related health related problems at yet, but I fear they are looming if I don't do something about it now.

I am concerned about the week off because when I am on Total Solution I can just about stick to it, but I am not good when I have to have food again. I can't seem to control my portion sizes. I can only hope my stomach shrinks and stays shrunk.

I would love to have some slimming buddies to help support each other and keep us on the straight and narrow.

Hi everyone, and thanks for your support xxx.

Julie, I would love a slimming buddy - we need all the help we can get! Wish I'd downloaded the virtual gastric band rather than forking out £500 to a hypnotherapist. I'm finding it therapeutic to write down thoughts and feelings - definitely helps me stay on track. You are lucky not to have health problems, I have recently gone on blood pressure tablets and as dad died of heart failure (and was always overweight) I really do need to do something about it. I'm 53 and have always had issues with weight but always seemed to have it more or less under control, I'm now eating far too much and definitely drinking way more than I shoud.

Day 3 still going to plan, went for a longish walk this morning with the dog and OH, probably thre longest walked since breaking foot. Had 2 cups of tea and lots of San Pelagrino water (really into it at the moments and it's meant to have lots of health benefits). Went to Costco and spent a fortune (on nothing I really needed) Had first bar of the day - the luxury chocolate one that's covered in white chocolate - small but nice. I think the chocolate cookies take longer to eat and are slightly more filling.

OH and son are having an Asda mini chicken roast thingy with some ready made hassle back potatoes, Yorkies and some frozen veg - couldn't face cooking a proper Sunday roast and I will have a soup. Has anyone tried the sweet potato one? Had it day before yesterday - really nice.

Speak soon
X

Morning everyone!

Beautiful sunny morning - shame to be going to work. On Mondays I work at a local office and will be back at 2.15 so hope the weather lasts. I am toying with visiting a Nuffield gym after work.

I was a member there a couple of years ago and stopped because I changed hours at work and the time I went (4.00pm) the pool had family time for a couple of hours and there were kids everywhere screaming and splashing. I love kids, but not when I am trying to de stress and exercise. They always had a lane open for swimmers, but it just wasn't a nice experience. I can now get there for 2.30 or 3.15 at the latest so am hoping the family time will have stayed the same and I can be in and out before the mayhem starts. My son has joined for 3months (he doesn't start work until September) so I'm hoping he can be a sort of personal trainer/motivator.

Will take a bar to work and some San Pellagrino water.

Feeling positive about this today! Good luck everyone and thanks for reading

Hi again,

Failed miserably on the gym membership. Can't find a single gym that has an adult only swimming pool from 2-00pm to 4.00pm. Will wait until September and join the local council one. Shame, I can't be the only person who would like to swim in peace and quiet in the afternoon.

Still on track, just had a chocolate milkshake with ice and a teaspoon of decaf. Plan to have veg soup followed by the chocolate pudding. OH having sausages and mash.

Had 4packs yesterday - three just doesn't seem enough - had a sneaky weigh this morning and no further weight loss but still happy with the 6lbs - hopefully ca shift another one by Friday's weigh in.

Working out of a different office today (over 26miles of horrid away ) so won't get in until later. Have to do this office twice a week and I hate the journey. I'm not the most confident of drivers and absolutely hate the M25.

Taking a bar with me and a bottle of water.

Good luck today everyone

Hi! Weighed in this morning and had lost 7.6lbs, pleased with this as have had 4 packs each day. This weekend will be tough though as cooking Sunday lunch for mum and the family - might just have some turkey and green veggies and 3 packs on Sunday. Resisting the wine will be the worst! Good luck everyone x.

Oh dear. Really fell off the wagon yesterday . I had crackers cheese and loads of butter, Cadbury amazebites, crisps, huge bag of popcorn. Just couldn't stop myself. Weighed in at 13/11.4. Will try and get back on it today. Why did I do it?
Really cross with myself today.

New day, new start Penny. Put it behind you and don't keep those foods in the house.

Hi and welcome, I have just come back off of holiday so just catching up with everyone!
well done on the loss, we all fall off the wagon occasionally it is the getting back on it that is the hardest part and the biggest achievement x

Back