Looking for Weight Loss Buddies

Bleurgh, WI last night and just managed half a pound.

I think I am going to have to change my eating habits.
Am I the only one who finds three meals a day too much in one go?
Feel quite ill after eating a bigger meal unless it is fruit, just had some stew with some carrots, the sauce was made from speed foods (blitzed) and added lean fish, chicken and ham to it. I ate additional carrots to accompany the stew as I felt the proportions were wrong.
Now feeling like a pig and a bit down about my losses as it has become sooooo hard to lose! :(

You've done so well, though! I guess it's going to get harder to lose now, as you're approaching your target. Wine&RugbyKindaGirl is right, though - it's moving in the right direction :). I know how disheartening it can be - the scales were flickering between half a pound and a pound this week, and I felt I'd been pretty good and not really off-plan. We'll get there soon, though - I'm sure :).

I sometimes feel the same about the three meals - I've been having some pretty filling 'meal in a bowl' soup for lunch, and don't feel hungry in the evening. I find when people don't have big losses in our group, they're told they're not eating enough, though. Some advice I received was to mix things up if you are having the same meals regularly. Or, have smaller meals and graze more frequently (I've got the SW 'Book of Light Bites'). Also, getting plenty of sleep and drinking lots of fluids helps :).

Last edited:
I maintained this week and was a bit disheartened as I've not had a particularly bad week. I wasn't well last week though so I think once I've gotten back into my normal routine and started eating properly, my loss of 2.5lbs last week has probably evened itself out!

Determined to lose this week! I'm 3lbs away from my 1.5 stone award so I want that in the next two weeks.

I maintained this week and was a bit disheartened as I've not had a particularly bad week. I wasn't well last week though so I think once I've gotten back into my normal routine and started eating properly, my loss of 2.5lbs last week has probably evened itself out!

Determined to lose this week! I'm 3lbs away from my 1.5 stone award so I want that in the next two weeks.

Well 4 weeks ago i needed 3.5lb for my 2.5st award & and im still 1.5 now lol xx March and february really aint been great for me but im.blaming it on being near to target so im becoming less strict so even though im losing its only small amounts x

I lost 3.5. Still not 100% so back to drs on Thursday, to say I'm getting peed off with my chest and cough is an understatement. Wishing everyone a good week. X

Blades, this attitude is good as you are adjusting from being in purely weight-loss mode to being a maintainer. Keep up the good work!

Grats Sookie, that's a brilliant loss!

WI this evening and lost a pound.

Not a huge amount but still a loss, plodding along until I reach my target now :)

Blades, this attitude is good as you are adjusting from being in purely weight-loss mode to being a maintainer. Keep up the good work!

Grats Sookie, that's a brilliant loss!

WI this evening and lost a pound.

Not a huge amount but still a loss, plodding along until I reach my target now :)

I like your views as means i know i can maintain when time comes which hopefully wont be long xx lost 4lb this week and now 8.5lbs away from target eeek :)

Heya everyone! Great job on your losses! Sorry haven't updated last week, mega busy!!
So last week was: 0.5 off!
This week was: 2 off yay
Also got club 10, and this one was a big shock to me XD got slimmer of the month woooooohooo (never thought I'd get it) yippee ^^

Well done Eloira, sounds like you're doing fab!

I'm worried about this week's weigh in as we have to go on Tuesday rather than Thursday, due to it being Maundy Thursday so SW can't have the church hall as usual. I have a pound to lose for my 1.5 stone but lately I always seem to weigh heavier after the weekend, and then it comes off between Monday - Thursday. I just hope Tuesday is long enough to get a pound off.

Emma x

Good luck, Emma. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! So glad to see you've put your name so I don't have to keep typing your long screen name! :D x

Good luck, Emma. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! So glad to see you've put your name so I don't have to keep typing your long screen name! :D x

Yeah I came to the realisation that no-one actually knows my name haha. I've requested to change my username to EmmaJH90 so hopefully that should be done soon :)

You can so do it Emma!! You might get the mid week dip and lose more than a lb ^_^ you're totes on the ball :D

You can so do it Emma!! You might get the mid week dip and lose more than a lb ^_^ you're totes on the ball :D

Aw thank you :) I do hope so! Not ate much today (not on purpose, had a busy day of doing all our bulk food shopping) so hopefully that will help!

Change of plan for tomorrow - we have a voucher that we got for Christmas for a deli restaurant that expires tomorrow, so we've booked a holiday week and are going using that instead...

Change of plan for tomorrow - we have a voucher that we got for Christmas for a deli restaurant that expires tomorrow, so we've booked a holiday week and are going using that instead...

Hope you had a great time :)!

I haven't checked in here for a while, but just wanted to say that I've been much more positive as of late - my losses may be slowing down, but I feel much happier and more confident than I have in the past year. I feel like I'm slowly getting the old me, both physically in terms of figure, and mentally, back. I went shopping on Saturday and saw a pretty dress in Oasis that was reduced in the sale. They only had it in a size 10, and I thought it wouldn't fit, but, even though my friend said 'it's a bit narrow around the middle', I thought I had nothing to lose by trying it on. I literally punched the air when it fitted! And, my friend said 'I don't normally like talking about it, because it's a sensitive issue, but you really do look like you've lost weight'.

I went to weigh in, feeling cautiously optimistic last night, and whilst I missed out on my 1.5 stone award by half a pound (boo to that, with Easter and having to miss weigh in on Bank Holiday Monday), I managed to get into the next stone bracket. So, I'm going to remain strong, and try and resist the chocolate over the weekend!

Thanks Eloira and Wendolene, had a lovely evening out!

Well done on your loss Wendolene, you must be so happy :) I'm in a similar position to you though, 1 off my 1.5 stone but no weigh in this week because of Easter! Very annoying!

Thank you, Emma :).

I'm worried that I've been a little too complacent already, knowing I have a fortnight between weigh ins. My scales at home seem to be moving in the wrong direction!

I'm off to visit my parents for a week, and my mum (who is 7 stone something and absolutely tiny - she is also much shorter than me) cooks much smaller portions than what I normally eat, so hopefully the portion control will pay off. I think I've been eating too much rice with my meals lately, even though it is a free food. I'm just going to have to remember to graze on speed food throughout the day, to keep my metabolism going. I've decided that I'm going to treat myself to something other than chocolate on Sunday. I usually find that when I have loads of it, I lose interest in it, anyway. Unfortunately, it's always when you can't have something (or can only have it in very small amounts) that you crave it the most!.

Back