Looking for Weight Loss Buddies

You're doing so well, Wendolene so just hold on to that thought, if you're tempted too much, to stray. Also, remember how elated you felt when that dress fitted! As you say, hopefully your Mum's smaller portions will help! :) Have a lovely time with your parents, whatever you end up eating!

Kathy x

Thank you, Kathy :).

Feeling a bit rubbish. I weighed myself yesterday and was 10st3lb! So, I've gained 4lb in just under a week. I even tried moving them around the bathroom floor, making sure they were on a level surface each time. They are usually a pretty good indicator of what I'll be at official weigh in, so I am feeling very disheartened. That's about three weeks of effort for nothing. I'm also back in the overweight BMI category. I try and weigh myself at the same time each day, and I've done nothing differently with my healthy eating plan this week. I feel like this medication is depriving me of everything I enjoy. My ankles were all swollen this morning, but I can't be retaining 4lb of water surely? I get this side effect a lot and I have never had a fluctuation this big.

This is all making me feel like indulging in a creme egg or two - I've missed them so much this year. I'm also too scared to try the dress on again, in case it now doesn't fit :(.

Oh no! That's horrible for you! Hate it when something like that happens. After not straying at all off the plan last week, my scales showed a gain of 5lbs!!!!! Weighed on a different set of scales and they showed a lot lighter but they aren't the ones I normally use. Just couldn't understand it. I'd deprived myself when someone brought cakes into work and then, one day, when I knew I'd be in late after a theatre visit, I'd set the slow cooker up so we came home to Syn Free chilli! So much thought and then it shows a 5lb gain! Well, I'll be truly knackered this week because today I've been taken out for an early birthday lunch, complete with birthday cake!! But, having said all that, unfair as it is, I'm still getting right back on it tomorrow. Too many times I've gone back to my old way of eating and then regretted it, months and years later, as the weight has piled back on.

Looking at how much weight you have lost, rather than the unexplainable 4lb gain, it would be awful if you gave up now. You've done amazingly well to drop from 11 stone 5.5 down to 9 stone 13!! Nearly one and a half stone is fantastic!! You might enjoy the cream eggs for the moments they last but, would you then be able to stop yourself sabotaging everything you have worked so hard for? You'd just be setting yourself right back again. If it is the medication, maybe you could ask your doctor if there's anything else you could try.

I really hope you can move past this. It is totally disappointing but think how much slimmer you already are and, with summer not too far away, you really don't want to be putting the pounds back on again. Hope you have a lovely weekend and keep on posting so people can help.

Kathy xx

Thank you for the encouragement, Kathy. I did indeed manage to resist the creme eggs in the end. I hesitated, as I was putting the eggs for other people in the shopping basket. I've reached a compromise - I have some Freddo bars, which, at 5 syns each (I believe?), are well within the plan if I just have 1 a day. I haven't eaten any yet, however, as I have a real craving going on and know I couldn't stop at one, so away they go for the time being!

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been experiencing similar. It's especially frustrating when you know you've made sacrifices that week to stay on plan. It sounds like you have the right attitude, though - sometimes we focus too much on the path ahead and forget how far we've come in the process. Your BMI is so close to being in the healthy range and you've already got your Club 10, so you're probably feeling much healthier and better in yourself already. I think we will have to both keep posting on here to get us through what is, for a lot of people, a challenging weekend.

I wish you a belated happy birthday, and I hope that you enjoyed your meal. It's good to have a day off occasionally. I know I will for my birthday, though it's not for another 6 months, so I really hope I will be at or approaching target by then.

Unfortunately, there does not appear to be an alternative to my medication that doesn't disagree with me, but I am considering going private, if only for a one-off appointment to see what my options are in full. Unfortunately, my body has become used to this medication, and I will probably get bad withdrawals unless I switch over safely. I've heard it can take 6 months to taper off, and I worry about this, the longer I'm on it for.

I hope you, and everyone on this thread, has a great weekend, whatever you may be up to! X

Last edited:
That sounds like a good idea, to go private for a consultation. Wow! Six months for the others to get out of your system! Let's hope things work out then and they can produce some that seem more compatible with weight loss.

Well done for resisting the cream eggs! :D Must admit, I'd have no trouble doing that as I can't stand them!! Cream eggs and custard cream biscuits are my absolute pet hates, in the food department! Freddo's sound a much better choice.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. They're not belated though, as it isn't until the 9th. We were just treated to the meal out early. :)

Anyway, hope you have a fab weekend and manage to keep resisting all those naughty little pesky foods, that tempt us all the time!

Kathy xx

Well done to both of you on your losses, you've done fabulously :). It's so nice how people support each other on here!

I'm trying SP from today until Thursday to make up for a bit of overindulgence this week. Been shopping so I'm all prepared :). Anyone got any tips for low syn snacks? I've been having the coconut greek style mullerlight with strawberries cos the yogurt is synned so you can have it on SP. Gonna need some variety this week though to help me stick to it!

Last edited:
Good luck, Emma! Let us know how you get on. Haven't tried the SP myself so can't recommend anything, unfortunately but, hopefully, someone will pop on with some great ideas! :) Fingers crossed for you!

Kathy xx

I'm doing alright so far, my bodyclock is all over the place with having the long weekend off work though, so there was a bit of late night snacking last night. All within my syns though so I won't worry too much about that :)

Been off plan so much this week with the kids being off school and being off work we've gone out almost everyday and also being Easter I couldn't resist the chocolatey treats but I'm happy with a maintain this week after what I've consumed. Definitely back on plan 150% from today need to get the losses back on track!! X

I'm another one that hasn't been on plan. I sit here thinking its April and you're still flapping around with this eating plan. I swear at times I'm my own worse enemy. I've tried to go class but I can't hack them. So I'm giving myself a massive kick in the behind a slap around my head and a pull yourself together. I'm away at the moment but I can control what I eat and drink so I'm going to do it..

XX

Lost 2lbs the last 2 weeks didn't go to group last week as I was too poorly, need to really get my head back in the game finding it so easy to go off plan lately :( x

Morning catberry

You are still losing weight hun, remember that :)

ok it's 2lbs in 2 weeks, but we all have slow periods from time to time. I did the same a month or so ago when I was being quite lazy and not really feeling it, I only lost 2lbs in 4 weeks lol. I got back on track by using my food diary religiously again, I had let it slip for a while. It really helps me stay on track. I also made a big effort to up my water consumption, which also helped.

But a loss is a loss and as long as you are moving in the right direction, you are still winning :)

Lost 2lbs the last 2 weeks didn't go to group last week as I was too poorly, need to really get my head back in the game finding it so easy to go off plan lately :( x

I had to have a word with myself last week, as I've been on and off since Easter and last week I had a gain. I needed that kick to get me back into it , and this week lost 2.5lbs. I think we all have a slump every now and again but you'll get back into it again :)

Thanks everyone ive had such a bad week, not just food wise but personally aswell, but reading your messages have really cheered me up so Thankyou :) had a 0.5lb gain today but I know where ive faultered, definitely going to start a food diary again so I can get my plan back on track, it's just in my head most of the time I suppose if I'm having a bad day I'll think I'll be good tomorrow then the next day comes and it's a bad day again and so on, does anyone have any ideas or tips on how they overcome a bad day if that's the right word? X

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time hun. Just try and draw a line under a bad day, wake up the next morning and just forget it ever happened. Don't put massive pressure on yourself to 'make up for it', you just make it harder on yourself. Just start the plan afresh.

Remind yourself how far you've come, you've lost over a stone, that's brilliant! So you know you can do it, because you already have!

Remind yourself why you started in the first place, what made you begin this journey?

Find a mini target that isn't too far out of reach. Small wins will rebuild your confidence that you can do it.

Do something different to push yourself out of your routine and recapture your interest, even if it's just trying a new recipe, or going for a walk.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone ive had such a bad week, not just food wise but personally aswell, but reading your messages have really cheered me up so Thankyou :) had a 0.5lb gain today but I know where ive faultered, definitely going to start a food diary again so I can get my plan back on track, it's just in my head most of the time I suppose if I'm having a bad day I'll think I'll be good tomorrow then the next day comes and it's a bad day again and so on, does anyone have any ideas or tips on how they overcome a bad day if that's the right word? X

Sorry to hear you are struggling, we all go through it x

I let myself have something that is low calorie as a treat each day, at the minute I am having boots shapers bar with a cup of tea in the evening and then I let myself have something naughty when I am on plan for a few days, for example I am taking GU New York cheesecakes to my sisters tomorrow (300 calories) to have as a treat but will be good again then for a while and will keep my steps up to make up for it :D

Thanks everyone sorted myself out, got my head back into it finally and had a loss of 4lbs this week and received my 1.5st award onwards and upwards now! X

Hey everyone weigh in day again lost another 4lb was 1lb away from 2st award but not too disheartened don't want to push myself too much! Did receive my Club 10 award today tho so well happy!! Got my birthday this week so having a well earned day off from dieting on Thursday got dinner and tea planned with friends/family and also birthday drinks, if I gain then I gain will start again the day after x

Hey everyone weigh in day again lost another 4lb was 1lb away from 2st award but not too disheartened don't want to push myself too much! Did receive my Club 10 award today tho so well happy!! Got my birthday this week so having a well earned day off from dieting on Thursday got dinner and tea planned with friends/family and also birthday drinks, if I gain then I gain will start again the day after x

Great news - well done, you! Hope you enjoy your birthday celebrations :)!

1.5lb loss this week. Goes to show you can never predict things - I was considering not going to weigh in today, as I thought I'd gained (star week very imminent). Stupid, I know, but I beat myself up over every tiny thing, even though I'm sure everyone gains at some point! The queue was so long as well - I hate it when the nerves start to build. I'm going to try to be as good as I can this week (Mum's birthday), then it's off to Alton Towers on June 1st and a music festival on Bank Holiday weekend. I'm thinking of taking a picnic and delving into the Slimming World 'Light Bites' book. There is an added incentive - my friend who is going to the festival with me has announced she's pregnant, so she's trying to eat much more healthily.

Back