LOSE/LOOSE

gaz....

I do not profess to be an A-level english student but the continuous wrong use of the words LOSE and LOOSE winds me up no end so here ya go.....:rolleyes:

LOSE (pronounced looz or sounds like zoo's with a L) means to banish from ones sight. eg "I will lose weight this week"
lose - Definitions from Dictionary.com

LOOSE (pronounced l-who-se or noose with an L) means to be of a slack fit. eg "the trousers were of a loose fit"
loose - Definitions from Dictionary.com

:p:p:p
A bloody Yorkshire man teaching people english lol:D:D:D

Gaz.... you seriously need to losen up dude.... ;) xox

I do not profess to be an A-level english student but the continuous wrong use of the words LOSE and LOOSE winds me up no end so here ya go.....:rolleyes:

LOSE (pronounced looz or sounds like zoo's with a L) means to banish from ones sight. eg "I will lose weight this week"

LOOSE (pronounced l-who-se or noose with an L) means to be of a slack fit. eg "the trousers were of a loose fit"

Pedantic little ***** aren't you Garry!

i think i would win hands down..... my spelling is a joke lol at school always getting told off...... and now still hhmmm i write crap/slang/tex style n so on....... yas not noticed yet lol :p :eek:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

It needed to be said!! LOL.

Its not spelling im going on about, I can live with that its just loose and lose those 2 little words lol

Great thread :D I get the rage when I read things that are written incorrectly. If I've made a mistake in posts I tend to change it ASAP but if I don't notice it I'm going to put it down to typing too quickly! lol

Another one is its and it's...

Garry garry garry! What are you like? Everybody will look for grammatical errors in all your posts now lol xx

Dont care i will make errors but not with lose or loose ;-p xxx

I know I make mistakes, I'm dyslexic too, like Teg. I have compensated a bit, but I never liked English as much as maths and science subjects. I get embarrassed writing up my patients charts tho! I do know the difference between lose and loose however!

Guen

Back