Losing the will power at the weekends :(

mummyof1

I feel like poo once again this monday and knew i would, why oh why do i give in at the weekends and it seems a good idea at the time..... i tell myself thursday " don't do it, you have been so strict and good dont let yourself down" then OH comes home suggests wine and food and there you go all hard work GONE and undone itself.

I had a word with OH (to be) last night and told him at the weekends i need him to stay strong and support me and he agrees, so i just hope that for the next few weekends until 18th of may i am determined to stay 100% on track.

How do you guys keep focused and so determined at the weekends? and how is it so so bloody hard for me

Just checked me ketostixs and its negative.... which i knew it would be, how long now before i get it that green colour??

Aww I completely sympathise.. but I cant offer any great advice as I am crap at it myself. I looked at what was going on, spoke to the OH about how I was feeling and how far I have come in total and agreed to be more relaxed at weekends but not blow ketosis so it knocks me back. Yes it gives me slower weightloss but it does mean I can have a life I can enjoy, I can do proper things with my family and I am not miserable and sat there resenting everyone for wanting to go out and have a meal etc...
So, on this basis I allow myself food at weekends.. I have 2 shakes a day and something sensible for dinner. Last 2 nights for example we had BBQ so I had a lean BBQ steak and a sausage, 2 new potatoes and a smidge of sauce.... I couldnt even eat my steak as I was so full! BUT I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was worth it for me. I have made the compromise and will be starting on maintenance next week as a way of losing more weight but being allowed to have food at the same time.. this suits me more. The tfr was FAB for bulk dropping but its not so much for me now and I am happy with this.

However, that said if you want to stay strong then get you OH to come down hard if you want to cheat.. use him as the food police if needs be. Your head sounds like it is im the right place so hang in there and remember they are JUST 2 days and soon out of the way! IMagine the buzz u will have if you succeed and have a fab loss?? !!! xxx

weekends are really bad for me to so i will just have a piece of bacon or boiled egg, so at least ive ate something so try and have something without carbs in it, you should stay in ketosis then. hope the OH listens now and that you will do brilliantly on weekends. i go into ketosis on my second day of being 100%, but it is different for every1. good luck hun x

I struggle at weekends too, but I just try and keep really busy, my family are not supportive at all, and I keep getting all the crap from my 16 year old son saying why are you doing this? Why don't you just eat sensibly and do more excerise, well he dosen't realise my food issues, and that I want to lose it fast, cheek of it said it was a cop out!! Yeah I like to see him not eat!!

I get sick and tired if having to justify it, my husband was moaning cos I was moody this weekend, he said its just making us all miserable. Its hard, I wish I could just be on my own for a few weeks, then I wouldnt have to be cooking for all of them, and feeling deprived...

It does help if you have good support arouund you, but balls to em do this for you, and keep strong, you can do it!!

Last edited:
I struggle at weekends too, but I just try and keep really busy, my family are not supportive at all, and I kep getting all the crap from my 16 year old son saying whay are you doing this? why don't you just eat sensibly and do more excerise, well he dosent realise my food issues, and that I want to lose it fast, cheek of it said it was a cop out!! Yeah I like to see him not eat!!

I get sick and tired if having to justify it, my husband was moaning cos I was moody this weekend, he said its just making us all miserable. Its hard, I wish I could just be on my own for a few weeks, then I wouldnt have to be cooking for all of them, and feeling deprived...

It does help if you have good support arouund you, but balls to em do this for you, and keep strong, you can do it!!

just come up with an idea you know the biggest loser programme well we could do something like that the lipotrim boot camp where we could all stay at a camp drink our shakes be 100%, exercise and get pampered that would be brill in it. if bloody only it could be that easy lol. just a thought, that would be brill :greenapple:

Oh yeah it would be heaven, " the lipotrim bootcamp" No kids or partners allowed....lol.
Jenhen i know what you mean about being the moody one, i feel guilty that i spend my weekends being in a bad mood so to stop that i have to eat and then the bad mood comes back monday.... its easier for me in the week because OH is at work all day until 7pm and i just cook for the kids... which i find really easy to do and enjoy cooking them all the foods that i cant eat... strange!
But im glad its not just me that gets like it at weekends, i am determined to stay 100%. I have my next wedding dress fitting 18th may and whatever weight i am then i have to stay that weight and maintain it because my dress cant be changed after that.... so i dont have that long to stay strong and might even chose to maintain before that as i dont have that much to lose.

Weekends arent my downfall as thats my child free time and I am out with the dog, going shopping etc.
Its weekdays that are bad for me. I'm ready to turn my back on this diet right now, I feel like utter poo :(

You will feel soo good, if you do it. Honest, you'll be buzzin x

One thing that struck me reading thru this is that regardless of HOW we do this, we owe it to ourselves to do it SOMEHOW... we all have our own ways of coping, nibbling, getting us through etc.. the thing is that we are ALL still playing the game and WINNING as we continue to lose weight each week. We are battling and beating daily life, juggling families, temptations, children and some of u have useless OH's too... hats off to us girls! :) (and guys that have not yet posted!)... its a tough bloody journey. if it were that easy then nobody would bother with SW/WW and suchlike.. this diet is not common for a reason and thatd cause its HARD!!!!

Stick with it, get through any which way you can and heres to more lbs melting away while we try to remain sane n our bid to be slim! LOL!... lose ya mind while you lose the lbs!! LOL!!

xxx

Weekends arent my downfall as thats my child free time and I am out with the dog, going shopping etc.
Its weekdays that are bad for me. I'm ready to turn my back on this diet right now, I feel like utter poo :(

You will feel soo good, if you do it. Honest, you'll be buzzin x

don't give up fizz star, just keep at it show your OH you can do it through your strength and most importantly show yourself that you can do it you a stronger than that. keep going girly. what i just wrote makes sense to me but don't know if it will make sense to anyone else Oops iam totally crap trying to give advice on a puter lol. fizzstar just keep going :hug99: x

don't give up fizz star, just keep at it show your OH you can do it through your strength and most importantly show yourself that you can do it you a stronger than that. keep going girly. what i just wrote makes sense to me but don't know if it will make sense to anyone else Oops iam totally crap trying to give advice on a puter lol. fizzstar just keep going :hug99: x

Oh thank you :)

I'm not giving in, but I have just had a nibble (50g of chicken breast) but its cleared my head up, im now thinking I can eat if I want too, but its plain dry chicken and its not something i'll do all the time. OH just said to me, 'well half a chicken breast every monday wont hurt to be honest, you'll do it, you know that dont you?'

WHAT THE FECK!!!!!!!!!!!

I got to say, I dont feel guilty at all. I feel happy that i've managed to have half, and not go for the other bit of it. I baked a full one and the other half I chucked in the dogs dish. It was healthy, grilled - no oil or fats on it. I bought 4, cooked 1 and have frozen the other 3. It was better, ethically sourced chicken (co op's elmwood range) so im not upset at all. I started eating it, then stopped but carried on. I am abit shocked ive done 6 full days without eating and now ive eaten lol! But atleast I didnt carb overload or knock ketosis out. I'm now ready for the next week ahead of me. And the best thing, my best friend is male, and he knows all of my troubles and stuff, and about the diet (he reads this forum and knows my user - obv profile pic ha) and he came up today, slapped my bum and said 'woooooooahh g-iiiiiiiii-na check ya a*s out' :rolleyes: He recons the weights come off from my hips, and defined my bum! So im happy about that haha!

(im going to stop thread hogging though and talking about myself lol) xxx

dont be silly fizzstar you not hogging thats what we are here for big support, you sound as if you have a great best friend and you have got his support anyway. maybe your OH is coming round to your diet now. no harm in eating some co-op chicken its better than eating choco etc, the reason i wrote co-op chicken is because i work in the co-op ha ha. anyway glad you are not throwing in the towel, it will be pointless you will be a slim chick before long. i have my 2nd WI wed i don't care if i only lose a 1lb as it is a loss. :)

dont be silly fizzstar you not hogging thats what we are here for big support, you sound as if you have a great best friend and you have got his support anyway. maybe your OH is coming round to your diet now. no harm in eating some co-op chicken its better than eating choco etc, the reason i wrote co-op chicken is because i work in the co-op ha ha. anyway glad you are not throwing in the towel, it will be pointless you will be a slim chick before long. i have my 2nd WI wed i don't care if i only lose a 1lb as it is a loss. :)

I love my friend, hes 1 in a million. We've got history/past but that is really behind us both, but we remained friends and then suddenly we both realised we'd become best mates and we tell each other everything. He lives abit of distance from me - takes about 40minutes to get to his place but I saw him for the first time in ages and he totally lifted my spirits. If my OH is coming round i'll be shocked, but maybe he is? Gawwwd knows! Haha I live 3 doors away from the co op, so its like my second home - know all the staff, etc. But how are you doing LT and working there? Those doughnuts, freshly made? They smell ace in a morning, I dribbled walking past the bakery section yesterday, I was homing in on the cherry pies until I snapped out of it hehehehe!

I hope your loss is good, for you :) I'll be happy with 4lbs next week [heres hoping] I couldnt cope with 1 and 2lb losses because I can effectivly do that on SW or ww etc!

Has anyone had people telling them, or asking, why dont you do sw etc? An old family friend said to me 'why the hell are you doing this diet again, its proven to be crap, you'd be better off with sw or just eat less move more. You know its ridic, you'll end up dying!' :eek: My reply went something like 'because at 1/2lb losses a week, i'll still be here in 5 fecking years thats why, im fat yeah im huuuuuge so im doing this for my child - and myself so stick it where the sun dont shine ok!' My mum clapped and said 'that shut you up didnt it?' :D

oh god I'm was sooo blue yesterday - been sooo good the whole way through and then I had some steak last night - like only three tiny little forkfuls but still kicking myself. Had gone 19 whole days solid - not even wavering but due my p this week and all I want is chocolate and I feel very hard done by so I caved - could have been worse I suppose - could have eaten the steak sambo the rest of em were havin but I stayed away from the carbs so I'm hopin I'm still in ketosis! anyhoo w/i on Wednesday and I'll be into week 4 of 5 that I'm doing this for so at least the end is in sight!

Ive been on the WW before and its never worked for me, its because food was there to be eaten that i just kidded myself that it would be ok to have a bit more of this and a bite of that etc etc in he end i was losing 2lb one week and then gaining it the week after, i was just going round in circles. At least with this diet i know that i CAN'T eat and even if i did it would be a bit of chicken or salad not a mcdonalds or pizza.
On a good note i have just cooked spag bol for the kids and a dundee cake is cooking away in the oven and i havent had any, the cake will be straight out of the oven and i'll take it down to my nans for her to eat :)

I love my friend, hes 1 in a million. We've got history/past but that is really behind us both, but we remained friends and then suddenly we both realised we'd become best mates and we tell each other everything. He lives abit of distance from me - takes about 40minutes to get to his place but I saw him for the first time in ages and he totally lifted my spirits. If my OH is coming round i'll be shocked, but maybe he is? Gawwwd knows! Haha I live 3 doors away from the co op, so its like my second home - know all the staff, etc. But how are you doing LT and working there? Those doughnuts, freshly made? They smell ace in a morning, I dribbled walking past the bakery section yesterday, I was homing in on the cherry pies until I snapped out of it hehehehe!

I hope your loss is good, for you :) I'll be happy with 4lbs next week [heres hoping] I couldnt cope with 1 and 2lb losses because I can effectivly do that on SW or ww etc!

Has anyone had people telling them, or asking, why dont you do sw etc? An old family friend said to me 'why the hell are you doing this diet again, its proven to be crap, you'd be better off with sw or just eat less move more. You know its ridic, you'll end up dying!' :eek: My reply went something like 'because at 1/2lb losses a week, i'll still be here in 5 fecking years thats why, im fat yeah im huuuuuge so im doing this for my child - and myself so stick it where the sun dont shine ok!' My mum clapped and said 'that shut you up didnt it?' :D

he sounds like a good mate and glad he supporting you. i havent told none of my friends im on lipotrim ive just told them that im doing slimfast, as im to worried of them being critical. im glad you put the family friend in their place, you told them good and proper. well done you :0clapper: working in the co-op is hard,customers bringing their shopping through the checkout and im like oo that looks nice oo and that, but got to be good, if i want to be skinny minnie. :)

i found the weekend a nightmare. After working hard all week the aspect of not being able to eat or drink so difficult.

he sounds like a good mate and glad he supporting you. i havent told none of my friends im on lipotrim ive just told them that im doing slimfast, as im to worried of them being critical. im glad you put the family friend in their place, you told them good and proper. well done you :0clapper: working in the co-op is hard,customers bringing their shopping through the checkout and im like oo that looks nice oo and that, but got to be good, if i want to be skinny minnie. :)

Oh everyone knows im doing it haha :D I dont care what people say though, cause im that type of person and people know im like that. I can understand why some dont though. Eeeeeeeeeeek! Thats good thinking, and good going but my god id be ripping it open and scoffing them hehehe x

Back