Losing those fat deposits

Lexie2005

5:2 lover
Apparently Rosemary Conley believes that by eating foods less than 5% fat you're more likely to lose the fat deposits around your stomach, bum & thighs. Woohoo let's hope she's right!!!!

I followed her diet years ago (yep i have tried them all LOl!!) and used to go to a class which had exercise built into it which is a great idea. I remember the 5g rule thing from then although I'm pretty positive her rule was 5g of saturated fat meaning that the total fat could be slightly higher.

It was fat full stop as when she wrote the first hip and thigh book food labels didn't separate the two fats. we've come s long way since those days. Now she also advocates low GI as well

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Is that not what you do anyway Kayee? I don't eat anything that's above it (well apart from Bisto gravy which is just slightly over)

It must have been another diet I am thinking of then :)

She goes for 5% per meal rather than per 100gs. I actually picked up her magazine today, forgot about it until just now, there are lots of recipes in it.

Last edited:
im kinda confused. i try to eat everything with less then 5g fat in it . but some weight watchers can be 7g fat in it. but i do try to tend to eat no more then 7g fat a day . is that what u mean? xx

The xen rule is 5g per 100g but looks like Rosemary Conley says no more than 5g in a meal which is hard. The WW meals are ok for the xen rules, I think even the lasagne just gets in ok

to be honest i dont follow all that 100g to every 5g. all i do is make sure that all my meals are not over 15g of fat. i wud never eat that much fat in a meal anyway. the most i would eat in a main dinner meal is 7 to 8g of fat . breakfast and lunch are all very low in fat . it works for me and i dont get the side effects lol x

I always stick to the no more than 5g of fat per 100g rule (except my Bisto gravy) & in a day I am normally between 15 & 20g of fat for the whole day....

oh ok. kinda the same as what im doing then lol. I have gravey when i have a sunday dinner but i put a small amount of granuels in and plenty of water. its kinda watery but its still yummy . god i miss roast potatoes lol x

Kayee said:
oh ok. kinda the same as what im doing then lol. I have gravey when i have a sunday dinner but i put a small amount of granuels in and plenty of water. its kinda watery but its still yummy . god i miss roast potatoes lol x

Bisto best is ok & fry light your roasties, I do them twice a week

I put the tates in a stone (tray) & spray them with about 16 sprays & then about 20 mins later 16 sprays again, it's 32 cals & 3.2g fat but so worth it.... I use the olive oil one & officially it's over the rules but I've been fine with it, I use it loads

Back