• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Losing those fat deposits

Teenie

I followed her diet years ago (yep i have tried them all LOl!!) and used to go to a class which had exercise built into it which is a great idea. I remember the 5g rule thing from then although I'm pretty positive her rule was 5g of saturated fat meaning that the total fat could be slightly higher.

toofatkat

Not such a fat kat now :)
It was fat full stop as when she wrote the first hip and thigh book food labels didn't separate the two fats. we've come s long way since those days. Now she also advocates low GI as well

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lexie2005

5:2 lover
Is that not what you do anyway Kayee? I don't eat anything that's above it (well apart from Bisto gravy which is just slightly over)

Teenie

It must have been another diet I am thinking of then :)

She goes for 5% per meal rather than per 100gs. I actually picked up her magazine today, forgot about it until just now, there are lots of recipes in it.

Last edited:

Kayee

Silver Member
im kinda confused. i try to eat everything with less then 5g fat in it . but some weight watchers can be 7g fat in it. but i do try to tend to eat no more then 7g fat a day . is that what u mean? xx

Lexie2005

The xen rule is 5g per 100g but looks like Rosemary Conley says no more than 5g in a meal which is hard. The WW meals are ok for the xen rules, I think even the lasagne just gets in ok

Kayee

Silver Member
to be honest i dont follow all that 100g to every 5g. all i do is make sure that all my meals are not over 15g of fat. i wud never eat that much fat in a meal anyway. the most i would eat in a main dinner meal is 7 to 8g of fat . breakfast and lunch are all very low in fat . it works for me and i dont get the side effects lol x

Lexie2005

I always stick to the no more than 5g of fat per 100g rule (except my Bisto gravy) & in a day I am normally between 15 & 20g of fat for the whole day....

Kayee

Silver Member
oh ok. kinda the same as what im doing then lol. I have gravey when i have a sunday dinner but i put a small amount of granuels in and plenty of water. its kinda watery but its still yummy . god i miss roast potatoes lol x

Lexie2005

Kayee said:
oh ok. kinda the same as what im doing then lol. I have gravey when i have a sunday dinner but i put a small amount of granuels in and plenty of water. its kinda watery but its still yummy . god i miss roast potatoes lol x

Bisto best is ok & fry light your roasties, I do them twice a week

Lexie2005

I put the tates in a stone (tray) & spray them with about 16 sprays & then about 20 mins later 16 sprays again, it's 32 cals & 3.2g fat but so worth it.... I use the olive oil one & officially it's over the rules but I've been fine with it, I use it loads