Green Days Losing weight on Green Days

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by O2bskinny, 26 May 2014.

1. O2bskinny

O2bskinny New Member

Hi, I was just wondering how well everyone does on the green slimming world diet?
    I'm rejoining on Saturday after a break of 18 months and am vegetarian so the green diet is the only one I can do.
  2. lickthelid

lickthelid Lives here....

You can do extra easy as a veggie but there isn't much point when the green plan gives you extra hex. I did EE then changed to green when I gave up the carnivorous lifestyle and have lost pretty steadily since then. There is a reason that the original and green plans worked for so long
  3. lolacola

lolacola Well-Known Member

Greens are the best for me. I'm not a veggie, but I'm not a massive meat eater either and prefer quorn sausages and mince over real sausage/mince. I found green days filled me up better and I believe this helps my losses too :)
  4. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Well-Known Member

im vegetarian and mostly do green although I also do red about once a week. it works great but I would encourage you to make the most of all the green free foods and rely too heavily on pasta and potatoes. getting enough protein is important too :)
  5. bumblebee1990

bumblebee1990 Well-Known Member

I'm new to SW and have to say I'm finding it a bit mind-boggling!
  6. Mrs CC

Mrs CC Well-Known Member

This is so true what patchwork puss has said, there is loads of choice on green! Eggs, quorn, startchy veg like peas and sweetcorn and you can also have things like nuts, seeds and extra cheese as your HEX choices. It doesn't mean just living off nothing but pasta.
  7. jogirl

jogirl Well-Known Member

I have only ever done green as I'm vegetarian. I really like the extra Hex's you get on Green! As well as Quorn mince (and a lot of the other Quorn products), soy mince and tofu are free food. If you're not used to cooking with tofu it can be a bit daunting at first, but it's well worth persevering - my curry tofu scramble is to die for! My losses have not been, on average, any worse/better than anyone else in my SW group.

Also, Linda McCartney Red Onion and Rosemary sausages are free, and they are heavenly!
  8. lardylady

lardylady Well-Known Member

I only do Green days, as I never eat meat and only rarely eat fish. I tend to have fruit/yoghurt for breakfast, then use a HEB at lunchtime- maybe some ryvitas or WW petit pain. I always have a carb based meal in the evening and save a HEB for a treat later.
  9. Maria

Maria Was born to shop

I always lose more doing green then red, I'm not a great meat lover and I never really got on with EE as I like having my 2 a and b choices.
  10. swmina

swmina Active Member

It's fine to just do green days. About 5 years ago I lost 6 stone on the green/red plan and I was doing 90% green as I'm not a big meat fan and I love my cheese and carbs. I lose less on EE and find it more frustrating as I miss having both cheese and milk. I think it's very dependent on your individual metabolism.