lost my way... really going for it now!

5 stone 7 1/2 down as of weigh in last Monday.

However i lost the plot and haven't got back on it all week.. I am really going to kick myself into gear. I want that 6 stone sticker the Sunday before xmas!

Going to be making lots of soups and upping my exercise. I still have a lot to loose (3 stone ideally) and want that sticker ahead of xmas.

Really need all your support! Compliments are making me complacent and i need a hard talking too. Reckon I've easily gained 3lb - find out tomorrow.

Can't go backwards.

Feeling really annoyed at myself but determined to start tomorrow as i mean to go on. Ive never done an online food diary/weight loss journal so hoping it'll motivate me and also maybe if im doing something wrong one of you lovely bunch will let me know!

Weight loss has slowed so much in recent weeks.. Really need to up it again. I've gone from 21 st 2 1/2 to 15 stone 7 1/2 but wanted to be in the 14s for xmas!

Help!

Hello, wow...you've done fantastically so far. Well done.

Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow. :)

youve done amazing so far so you dont want to mess that up.... this is me trying to hard talk :)

making a food diary is a great idea ive been doing now since thursday and it really makes me think before i eat something knowing ill have to type it up.... im addicted to pizza and even the thought of one makes me wanna go on just eat but the thought of having to type it up on here makes me feel ill haha

good luck tomo it may not be as bad as you think :D xxx

Gained 3 1/2!

Annoyed with myself but could of been worse. I really will get it off this week!!

Thanks for all your kind words. I have a k dash kollection dress ready for nye.. I need to loose enough to get that sticker for myself to feel good in it.

Here we go...

Ah well, at least it was expected. Draw the line and have a fantastic week. Treat it as if it's your first week. Good luck :)

Right had a wobble yesterday on it today.

Going for green as have little money with xmas coming!

B - pineapple

Mid morning had a pink and white 2.5 syns

Lunch - i have vegetable soup in slow cooker / spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot and peas with some he A on top

Ill prob eat lots of that this afternoon as its so easy to munch on. Its looks disgusting lol dark green and brown but tastes lovely.

Dinner im thinking salad and jacket potato as its so quick and easy after work.

Good news tho - start new job Monday! Only short term work 40 hours a week and god knows we need the money for xmas. Only problem is it will cause chaos with my weigh in days so will take a holiday next week and try and weigh in one evening class the week before xmas and then the Sunday before xmas i can weigh in for xmas. But this could be positive as i could get a significant loss between now and then - 2 weeks worth and with starting new job my eating habits will be much better as working 40 hour Monday to friday and being a single mum will mean my body magic will be through the roof!!

Eeek ...now what to have for syns! Going to limit to 10 ish a day for now as I've been so naughty recently. If i can loose 6lb in 2 weeks ill be pleased ! And another couple lbs before xmas.

Feeling positive as i know when i gain quickly i usually loose it as quick if i stick to it!

Here we go ...!!

Good luck with your new job and for the coming week :)

You have done so well... I sometimes feel like 'diet fatigue' can set in and then you start slipping and sliding all over the place.

I reduced my weight from 15 stone 2 to 8 stone 13 so know how difficult it can be and how depressing when the lbs drop so slowly. Happy to maybe give you a few hints and tips that helped me to goal - just shout if you'd like them.

GretaGrip said:
You have done so well... I sometimes feel like 'diet fatigue' can set in and then you start slipping and sliding all over the place.

I reduced my weight from 15 stone 2 to 8 stone 13 so know how difficult it can be and how depressing when the lbs drop so slowly. Happy to maybe give you a few hints and tips that helped me to goal - just shout if you'd like them.

Oh please do!!

I was doing so well then had the most stressful hour and since eaten so many naughty things :-:)-:)-:)-(

Feeling really deflated as i know how to do it but annoyed and upset I've slipped back to confort eating.. Would really appreciate hints and tips or just how to shake yourself into getting back yo motivated! :-(

Feeling very flat... Box of jaffa cakes in the cupboard calling me :-(

You'd be crazy to give in now - you have done the really hard part and you've done something that a lot of folk just cannot do - and that is reduce your weight from over 21 stone. Studies show that only a very small amount of people can lose weight from that starting point with diet alone - most will require surgery. So, you're already a success!

Now - you just need to build on this success don't you? Absolutely zero point in throwing the towel in now. A change in mindset is required - and yes, it's going to take willpower... that same willpower that saw you lose over 5 stone.

Here is what worked for me... and still works. I may be 8 stone something now but I still have the daily battle against compulsive eating I'm afraid. It's a life long thing probably.

1. Eat three times a day. No snacks. Yes, I know that SW encourage you to eat 'free' food. Free food doesn't exist. Eating three decent meals a day stabilises your blood sugar and stops the urge to over eat. So, for example, a breakfast of porridge with berries and natural yogurt will keep you going for hours, no need to eat anything between that and lunch time. Only snack if you absolutely have to.

2. Moderate carbs. I'm not a huge believer in low carbing but a diet of cereal for breakfast, sandwich for lunch, pasta for dinner and a snack of a cereal bar and a banana is carb central.. and your losses will slow. Same for eating 'free' pasta or rice. Avoid, avoid. So, try and limit carbs to one meal a day.

3. No white carbs. They have no nutritional value.

4. Have a week of no syns. I know...radical. But you'll see a big, motivating drop if you can manage it... coupled with my other suggestions, it will work a treat.

5. No alcohol.

6. Go back to basics. Act like you're on week one of the plan - but you're going hardcore. Write down everything you eat.

7. Calorie count. This is my best tip . It works. Yes, I KNOW it isn;t what SW is about... but if you're losing your mojo it's worth a shot surely?

8. Finally - try and amend your mindset. Don't think 'oh, it's Christmas in three weeks, what is the point in even trying now ?' Christmas is one meal and one day really.... you don't HAVE to take two weeks off the plan.. and < talking about mindsets > try not to think in terms of 'coming off a plan '... tell yourself you'll enjoy your christmas dinner and maybe a dessert. For one day. Keep breakfast or dinner as normal... try not to worry about it - worry about future events is a form of self sabotage.

If you were to do the above you'd see 14 stone something in 3 weeks y'know. I can almost guarantee it. So.... time to pick yourself up, give yourself a talking to, remind yourself just how bloody well you've done and tell yourself that even if you have to tape up your mouth you will NOT let food get the better of you. You're in control and you're going to deliver.

PS I'm not pink and fluffy at all so apologies for the lack of 'hugs hun. ' I'm a believer in decisive action as it's the only thing that gets weight off.

Good luck!

Thank you for this <3

hadn't bothered. Started Monday now at 15 12.5 and going to be in 14 for easter.. You're post is the most inspirational one ive ever had.

Thank you.

Hi Keep.

I shall join you : ) I have been really slack recently and need to take my own advice and lose 7lbs.

Let's keep each other motivated. I know it might seem like we are in different places but believe me, it's all relative : )

Back