Low/Hight propoints at a glance.

Lotty Big Botty

Hi all.
Im going it alone with weight watchers.
I have my calculator i use to calculate points from the back of packets and nutritional info on the tesco website.

Just a query about how propoints are calculated. i know that its calculated from protein, carbs, fat and fibre. If i were to be at the supermarket, without my calculater, and looking at the nutritional info on the back of a pack how would i get a ROUGH idea if points will be low or high. Is it a case of "if the calories are lower, the points will be lower"?? or not?

Of cause i do try and plan everything ahead of going shoping, but somethings cant be helped!!

thankyou

Hi all.
Im going it alone with weight watchers.
I have my calculator i use to calculate points from the back of packets and nutritional info on the tesco website.

Just a query about how propoints are calculated. i know that its calculated from protein, carbs, fat and fibre. If i were to be at the supermarket, without my calculater, and looking at the nutritional info on the back of a pack how would i get a ROUGH idea if points will be low or high. Is it a case of "if the calories are lower, the points will be lower"?? or not?

Of cause i do try and plan everything ahead of going shoping, but somethings cant be helped!!

thankyou

Hello and Welcome :) You are exactly right that exact PP are calculated by Protein, Carbs, Fat & Fibre but as a rough guide if only Calories are available or you don't have your Calculator, 40Calories=1pp but its always rounded up! Also if you're eating multiples of something I always multiple the Calories before dividing by 40, sometimes it brings it down, sometimes it goes up, makes it more accurate tho. Hope this helps. X

Back