Low in mood

skinnycookietobe

Hi everyone,

Hope your all doing well with your diet and life is treating you kind.

Im just wondering if anyone else has experienced low mood since starting this brutal diet as recently, id say last 2 weeks, I've been exceptionally low in mood, so much so I've even thought about stopping diet. The only reason why I haven't is because I can see visible signs of weight loss in my clothes and within myself.

Any advice greatly received

:confused:

Hiya hun i get very down about my social life! Ive got 6 kiddies and sat nite is normally my saviour where i go out with the girls dance drink etc lol but obv doin cd i cant :/ i went out sat and now know i wont get the loss i was hopimg for tom morn at wi. I heard a v good saying the other day.small term sacrifice for longterm goal :)) hope this helps hun xx

I have been down throughout cd - I read that this can happen on low carb diets because carbohydrates help release serotonin which is the happy chemical. This was confirmed when I had two planned days off and ate loads of carbs - felt completely different the following day - happier with much more energy. I just try and keep busy and figure that it is just a few months out of my life but could add a few years.

Yeah my other half when she was on LL was like living with a grumpy bear and I am aware I'm a lot more grumpy now !

but as people say a few months of being a grump vs a lifetime of health problems and not being able to buy nice clothes !

Yes ive had a couple of really low days as well and ask myself why i am doing this to myself ......... then i remember the sad hermit i became due to my weight and how unhappy i am at this size and try to find the will power to carry on. I need to keep thinkin thin :)

Hey! I can totally relate as way back on day 45 and for no reason I couldnt help but feel over emotional/ fed up/ upset For no apparent reason I couldnt shake the negative feelings off! I think the diet is so restrictive and i think i just feel lost total perspective of what i was doing/ what I'd lost! Try and think of your goal, put 'fat pictures' on your fridge, weight out what you've lost so far when I lost my first stone I carried a 6kg thing and thought woah that's gone from my body! The little things will get you through just keep with it hun! And just know that you can do it! :D

Back